IGNORED

Beavis and Butthead Arcade Prototype

classicgamer74

On 1/19/2020 at 10:52 PM, Crimefighter said:

It's actually a CD-ROM on modded 3DO hardware.

You have to wonder who thought that was a good idea for arcade hardware.  The whole thing is slow and kind of janky.  The game *should* be fun, but it's just not.  There's a reason Atari canned it.

I’m not sure either if there are any differences among them. I cared so little about it when I saw it, that I didn’t even bother to play it. I genuinely dislike the entire B&B property for that matter. I detest that whole “later years MTV generation”. The “kindergarten quality choppy animation” used in garbage like B&B, South Park, etc. completely turns me off. And then, add to that having a 3DO console as its hardware, it then loses all my respect.

American Laser Games also utilized the 3DO hardware in their “budget line” of arcade titles, and that too was sub par for me.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 1/25/2020 at 5:51 PM, Tempest said:

Are they all in equal states of completion though?  I know GG's version can be played through to the end as I did it.

I need to come back over there - there are two prototype versions of the game code.  The second proto the starting level is different and the bonus stages allow you to do them over and over.  GGA has swapped discs and is running the other version now, which the difficulty is harder.

• 5 weeks later...

You know, in a way I dont blame him. I dont know if it was Matt or someone else who said they're sick of people who put roms on a cart and then try to sell it for absorbodent prices on Ebay or other places. I understand if you have a rom and want to put it on a cart for your own use or if you charge someone a minimal fee to do it. I mean not all of us know how to put roms on an individual cart or have the boards. 

I saw an example of this on Ebay a while back. Some guy was selling a cart that of Pompeii. They marketed it as a rare and valuable game and were asking a starting price for $100. Imagine some poor guy who didnt know that it was an incomplete and unplayable prototype? Its people like that who ruin it for everyone. 

On a side note a buddy of mine who i met on here made me a cart of Birthday Mania and put my daughter's name on it like you would have got if you'd ordered it back in the day. I hacked the program and put my daughter's name on the game intro. 

I gave it to my daughter as a gift and she has it on her desk with her other treasures. She says she'll keep it until her dying day. 

Now if my daughter was evil she could try to make the cart look vintage and try to sell it online for thousands. 

Sorry to ramble on for so long. The point is that evil and selfish people are the ones who ruin it for the rest of us. Those of us that would readily give away one share roms with anyone. 

• Like 2