IGNORED

Nice GOTEK Atari ST mount

eightbit

Purchased a cheap ($17 on sale) Gotek floppy emulator board on Amazon, reprogrammed it so that the ST can understand it, added a $5 OLED display and a nice guy printed me a custom mount that perfectly fits inside of the computer without modifying/damaging the original case design. This worked out really well. I take no credit for the STL files...downloaded from Thingverse (attached). But, I am really happy with the results!

I still have an UltraSatan on the way, but I figured this is also a nice compliment to the ST. The FlashFloppy firmware really works great as well as the FlashFloppy manager.

2020-01-16 23.05.29.jpg

2020-01-16 22.57.48.jpg

2020-01-16 23.27.59.jpg

2020-01-16 23.23.55.jpg

2020-01-16 23.24.31.jpg

ATARI+ST+GOTEK+MOUNT.zip

• Like 3

7 hours ago, amiman99 said:

I have my LCD on the outside. It's easier to see and navigate for files.

atari-ste-gotek.jpg

Neat! I guess it depends on where your ST sits. Mine is on a top shelf and I am basically in line of sight with the side of it, so mine works for me ;) The things you have to do when space is at a minimum :)

15 hours ago, amiman99 said:

Mine is on my desk, looking down on keyboard.

Did you know that there is gotek mod (at least on Amiga side) that adds screen overlay, so the game titles show up on screen? It's for experts only.

I saw it and considered it. It is not that difficult to install, but the question is do I really need it :)

That’s a really nice mount. That’s one where you remove the PCB and flip it upside down, correct? I think that’s the same one I plan to have printed. They also have an STF version. I plan to print one for my STE and one for an STF that I plan to sell soon. About the best price I’ve seen online to have them printed is about $25 apiece. Thanks for sharing your results. It looks great!

5 hours ago, bfollowell said:

That’s a really nice mount. That’s one where you remove the PCB and flip it upside down, correct? I think that’s the same one I plan to have printed. They also have an STF version. I plan to print one for my STE and one for an STF that I plan to sell soon. About the best price I’ve seen online to have them printed is about $25 apiece. Thanks for sharing your results. It looks great!

Yep, remember now that it is upside down the buttons are reversed in the menu selection ;) It is a nice print and fits right and snug up to the case. Although the Gotek's default shell can fit, I always found it a little "gappy". I wanted no gaps, no way for dust to enter. 

Makexyz provides a nice service for printing stuff and while I haven't checked you are probably right on the money at $25. Thankfully I work for an electronics manufacturer/developer who has a 3D printer on site. They barely use the thing, but will only use it once a month to "keep it from gumming up" so they ask me for STL files to run through it. That said I'll be making one of these for my Amiga in a few weeks ;)

• 3 years later...
On 1/20/2020 at 2:44 PM, remowilliams said:

A Gotek with an enclosure will fit without modification to the machine as well.  I just relocated the green activity light down a bit.

mega.ste.gotek - 1.jpg

I've been looking for this STL, but cannot find it.  Anyone want to point me to it?  or anther other that will mount a Gotek in a MEGA ST4?

1 hour ago, ST Lou said:

Check this out from centurion tech. Looks pretty cool. 

I have one of those, I mounted it in my external floppy case with the display on top, no modifications required to the case.

Reason for external is I use it on my STM and STE (changed the jumpers in the STE so external drive is A:)