IGNORED

MSXVR running ColecoVision core

SapphiRe

Yesterday I attended 56th MSX user meeting in Barcelona (Spain). There we could saw (and test) the upcoming MSXVR, which is a new RPI based computer, with integrated keyboard and MSX slots. But not only MSX, because they will include different "cores" to play Spectrum, Amstrad and another old machines.

https://msxvr.blogspot.com/p/info-en.html

Some days ago, they announced the ColecoVision MSXVR core, and I contacted them to test the core on the MSX User Meeting. Also I asked about using a ColecoVision original pad with the MSXVR, and they checked hardware compatibility: Well, bring one with you and we will check it here".

So I saved the ColecoVision QBIQS rom on a pendrive and took a ColecoVision pad. And yesterday we plugged them on the MSXVR. They launched the core to play the ROM and it worked without problems. There were some issues with the sound, so they will try to improve the ColecoVision core.

So the MSXVR can use ColecoVision pads and also can play ColecoVision games. As the MSXVR will include some developing tools, it can be a good developing machine to create new games for MSX and Coleco.

IMG_20200118_122519_757.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1