Jump to content
RevEng

Official Home for batari Basic

Recommended Posts

Yep, definitely excellent. @mksmith did a great job with it!

 

ADS comes bundled with 7800basic, so I think it should be setup already, but I'm a diehard command-line and makefile guy, so I'm not entirely sure. Matt, care to lend a hand? :D 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @EvoMikeUK!

 

I had a report a few days ago regarding the same message and we decided to go the full 64-bit compiler as that appears to be working - I just hadn't been able to get to that as yet.  You can manually download that and update the chosen compiler in the settings.  Am sending you the instructions via Github shortly 👍

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, mksmith said:

Hi @EvoMikeUK!

 

I had a report a few days ago regarding the same message and we decided to go the full 64-bit compiler as that appears to be working - I just hadn't been able to get to that as yet.  You can manually download that and update the chosen compiler in the settings.  Am sending you the instructions via Github shortly 👍

 

 

Thank you for helping, hopefully I can get this new environment up and running shortly :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, EvoMikeUK said:

Thank you for helping, hopefully I can get this new environment up and running shortly :)

No probs - sorry for the trouble - I've sent the instructions via github. We will get it sorted as soon as I can - probably the next 24 hours as I'll need to update my macOS to the latest I think to make sure everything is working.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Edit: @mksmith beat me to it.  🙂

36 minutes ago, EvoMikeUK said:

Thank you, it's taking time to adjust to the Mac but it's very nice to use. 

 

Yes correct, when I hit the compile button in Atari Dev Studio (which is excellent btw!) it comes up with that initial error I posted:

 

### ERROR: couldn't find bB binaries for Darwin(x86_64). Exiting.

I ran into this issue with Atari Dev Studio as well. It comes with its own copy of bB. Since you also installed bB by hand, you can tell Atari Dev Studio to use that version instead. Here's a screenshot from my installation.  Your specific directory will be different, of course:

 

1792584743_ScreenShot2020-03-10at6_13_43PM.thumb.png.e80841b84a96ea096bee1d64b200c273.png

If you aren't sure what directory it is in, you can type the following in a terminal window to find out. E.g.:

 

Karls-MBP:penult kdgarris$ which 2600basic.sh
/Users/kdgarris/atari/bb/2600basic.sh

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Karl G said:

I ran into this issue with Atari Dev Studio as well. It comes with its own copy of bB. Since you also installed bB by hand, you can tell Atari Dev Studio to use that version instead. Here's a screenshot from my installation.  Your specific directory will be different, of course:

 

1792584743_ScreenShot2020-03-10at6_13_43PM.thumb.png.e80841b84a96ea096bee1d64b200c273.png

If you aren't sure what directory it is in, you can type the following in a terminal window to find out. E.g.:

 

Karls-MBP:penult kdgarris$ which 2600basic.sh
/Users/kdgarris/atari/bb/2600basic.sh

 

Thanks! @Karl G Is that new execution setting working for Stella ok?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, mksmith said:

Thanks! @Karl G Is that new execution setting working for Stella ok?

I'll update and give it a try soon. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Karl G said:

I'll update and give it a try soon. :)

Thanks mate 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry @EvoMikeUK well sort it soon 👍  Unfortunately Apple changed the game here and we're all trying to catch up!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mksmith said:

Thanks! @Karl G Is that new execution setting working for Stella ok?

Not yet. It looks like it is only giving execute permission to the binary.  I'm pretty sure also needs to be readable to work:

 

Karls-MBP:x64 kdgarris$ sudo ls -l Stella.app/Contents/MacOS/Stella
---x------  1 kdgarris  staff  4518752 Mar 10 18:17 Stella.app/Contents/MacOS/Stella

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Karl G said:

Not yet. It looks like it is only giving execute permission to the binary.  I'm pretty sure also needs to be readable to work:

 

Karls-MBP:x64 kdgarris$ sudo ls -l Stella.app/Contents/MacOS/Stella
---x------  1 kdgarris  staff  4518752 Mar 10 18:17 Stella.app/Contents/MacOS/Stella

 

Thanks 👍 I'm updating to the latest release so once that's done i'll check it out.  I probably just need to do what i've done with the compilers rather than being more specific than I did with this one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok I've updated to the latest macOS and are receiving the error as well - the good news is i can now try and find out what the problem is - whether it's a permissions thing or a script thing.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this one might be on me, after all. Try replacing your 2600basic.sh with this one.

 

[edit - updated. grab it again if already downloaded]

 

 

 

2600basic.sh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, RevEng said:

I think this one might be on me, after all. Try replacing your 2600basic.sh with this one.

 

[edit - updated. grab it again if already downloaded]

 

 

 

2600basic.sh 1.57 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks Mike - will check now!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@RevEng Ok it looks like my silly mistake now I can replicate the issue - I had hardcoded in the architecture as .x86! I need to do a ChMod on the compilation files (in Linux and macOS) to allow them to work. Missed that one when the x64 versions started coming in 🤐🤐🤐 It has now only shown up as we have been forced into using x64 by the latest Apple update.  

 

Making the changes and will test across each OS - hopefully a new release coming in the next few hours (I need to pop out to my daughters basketball training in an hr).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, eiher way i'm glad you have the issue figured out. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RevEng said:

Well, eiher way i'm glad you have the issue figured out. :)

Me too! Thanks for taking a look earlier 👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No worries.  Glad to help out, especially whenever there's a chance my stuff went off the rails. :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok new release is available via VS Code.  Thanks to all for reporting and assisting - much appreciated 😁

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mksmith said:

Ok new release is available via VS Code.  Thanks to all for reporting and assisting - much appreciated 😁

This release fixes both the compilation and Stella launch issues I was seeing.  Good work!  🙂 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, here is the next cheeky request lol Is there any chance of the colour palette tool like in VisualBb please?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, EvoMikeUK said:

Ok, here is the next cheeky request lol Is there any chance of the colour palette tool like in VisualBb please?

 

Except not backwards (horizontal) and more like this, vertical:

 

https://www.randomterrain.com/atari-2600-memories-tia-color-charts.html

color_charts.png.eb28467eb979eb3e399c5a03fb6286fe.png

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...