IGNORED

Raymaze 2000, new A8 game

NRV

Great work guys, I look forward to seeing what you did in the end, I enjoyed play testing this one, we need more decent arcade sytle games :thumbsup:

I'll add this to the gameslist and round 2 High Score Club poll. That is a much better name, pretty sure we'll all be driving those things in the year 2000 :-o

• Haha 3

Here's a longer video (NTSC -- although not the right pixel aspect ratio; I'm not sure how or if that can be recorded in Altirra). These are all non-arcade levels, the latter of which I know not how to play well yet. :D

Warning: quite a few levels; so, don't watch if you don't want to spoil your playing experience.

Raymaze 2000 - New Levels.7z

(No Youtube here: eat your videos like a man, in file form!)

Edited by MrFish
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Thanks everyone!

About ABBUC, well it wasn't ready on time and I didn't want to wait for the next one x)

So maybe I should do something new for this year..

Here is a video (in not-like-a-man's form) from VinsCool, with the soundtrack of the game:

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

I like the overall look of the game, the colors, the detailed graphics, the sound, and the game play. But it definitely requires a short throw joystick and very quick reflexes, else you'll miss when attempting to make a turn. This would not be a good game to play against your grandkids, unless you like having your ass handed to you everytime :) .

Be nice to have a speed selection for us slower folks.

...or, in the default mode, don't hold the joystick in the direction you want to go; just tap the joystick in the direction you want to go when turning, then leave it centered to continue in that direction at the lowest speed; hold it in that direction when you want extra speed.

Edited by MrFish
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, NRV said:

Have you tried using "speed control: trigger" ?

Maybe that way is easier to move at the low speed, and then you can accelerate only when you need it :)

Maybe you can enable some type of practice mode, where people can get familiar with the play mechanics without any enemies? (future disk version, I suppose...)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MrFish said:

...or, in the default mode, don't hold the joystick in the direction you want to go; just tap the joystick in the direction you want to go when turning, then leave it centered to continue in that direction at the lowest speed; hold it in that direction when you want extra speed.

Okay, that does make a difference. I thought my Wico needed to be reconditioned for a moment...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I have to admit, that has to be one of the more impressive ports I have seen. While it lacks the cutscenes and ending from the arcade version, at least its quality more than makes up for it. Plus, the Pokey covers of the soundtrack are amazing! Oh, and kudos for porting a game that is relatively obscure.

• 1 year later...