IGNORED

The review of A-Z of Atari ST Games Volume 3 book RetroLaird is trying to delete!

If you're looking for a list of people with grievances against Kieren, that's going to be a long list. Which would include myself, by the way. I drew much of his ire during my time here as a global moderator as I was the one who called him out on a lot of his bullshit, especially in the Jaguar forum. So much so, that he decided to try slandering me with blatantly false claims both before and after he was banned from this forum. 

Kieren is a charlatan, a liar and a slimy individual who couldn't seem to tell the truth about anything if his life depended on it. I don't care what mental issues or disabilities he claims to have, they simply don't excuse his bad behavior, and he needs to be taken to account for it. Anyone taking him to task has my full support.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Sauron said:

If you're looking for a list of people with grievances against Kieren, that's going to be a long list.

It would be good if all the people who now hate other people because of things Kieren said to them about the other parties had a fucking long, hard think about what damage he's caused and stepped forward.  Many communities, not just the Jaguar scene, have been fractured because of Kieren.

Stormworks, I'm specifically looking at you - but there are many others.

• Like 4

I was content to leave things as they were based on my earlier posts,but since Laird's recent and most disturbing behaviour, has forced my hand.

So..the name and shame poll image CyranoJ put up earlier..

That relates to Chris Wilkins and the planned Thalamus book 

More fool Chris for using Laird in the first place, he knew his history. 

Forza 77:12 months ago laird, via the Forza account, issued a statement saying Forza was "Jason from Birmingham"  and laird via the Beast 666 account,  backed this claim up.

You can go ahead and delete the statements laird, screengrabs have been taken.

Since laird was made aware the community knew Forza 77 had sane Avatar picture as Laird's own Goggle Avatar,  the following has happened.. 

Forza or Jason has now become Jane.

And yes, i too have seen the video tracing the ISP back to Laird's PC.

Hope it goes live soon.

Beast 666 has become Rogue Trooper,  my old RVG user name.

You know the account laird, the one where after i left the forum, they hosted my interview with Les Player (Atari UK RIP) which you demanded they pulled or you'd walk.

I would say you walked, but you literally ran off that forum

And because of your behaviour,  i only received half of that interview back and thus was unable to give the daughter of Les, her own father's full interview to remember him by.

Proud of that chapter?

If your stuck for fresh sock puppet user names laird.

Don't forget my old handle

Vulture.

But your more of a Magpie or Cuckoo,  if truth be told.

I actually genuinely feel sorry for you Laird, I really do.

Your clearly not at all well and so many people do slip through the cracks due to strangling cuts to mental health services.

There are clearly multiple personality disorder factors at work within you and social media is only making it far,far worse.

For your own sake and well being, I urge you to seek the professional medical help you need, your spiraling out of control and this has evidently now gone way past the point of you being little more than a nuisance to various communities, with your ego and false facts, your making me feel very, very uncomfortable by changing one of your account names to match an old account of mine.

That's obsessive behaviour disorder right there and i am going to have to seek professional advice on how best to proceed with regards to you, for my own safety and those in my household.

It's sadly the only sensible course of action left open to me.

Edited by Lost Dragon
  • Like 2

wow. just wow. i have seen the jane issue with the avatar for forza77 now too and also seen that it links to kierens own personal gmail as the same image. what a fucking idiot. i am sure he will either change it or delete the account completely now that it has been called out but i have video evidence of it as do many others. i am absolutely fed up with his bullshit and i was not going to comment further but having spoken to many people he classes as "friends" in the last day or two and having discovered that these same troll accounts have been trolling the shit out of them too and many people thought it was me then i am sorry but i am going to speak up in public about this with a video and i encourage others to do the same as this is way out of hand now if i am going to do something i have the guts to do it in my own name what kieren is doing here is cowardly and pointless and also hateful just purely for the sake of it to make himself feel better i suppose he must really have a low self opinion if this is the sort of thing he fills his time with what an awful web of deceit he has woven and i am glad i have been put onto this as he has attempted multiple times to post his bullshit on my channel but i only let it through a couple of times as i have my comments on approval but needed a record of his bullshit which i now have.

• Like 2

he has also accused me of bullying him on twitter and i dont even use twitter he is a bullshit artist of the highest order this is a disgrace and it all seems to be for pity but the thing is the human emotion of pity is engendered by feeling sorry for something or someone but why would anyone feel sorry for this absolute scumbag as that really is what he is ! this is unbelievable !

• Like 2

I feel sad for him. 

Did he really think after a decade+ of causing trouble and posting wild, unbased lies and hate towards others it wouldn't come full circle at some point and land back at his doorstep with a mountain of proof?

image.png.baf1febea3cdd07d4d87486dba0c6301.png

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Lost Dragon said:

Not brightest idea to have same Goggle profile picture as that account (now changed)

changed to "jane _" but now all the forza 77 comments from the past link through to that and he is so daft that he has not realised changing the avatar would also change his email avatar too on his own email account which this youtube account is tied to. 

you could not make this up it is farcical really. one coincidence could be just that but he finds out he has been rumbled then rushes to change the youtube account without understanding that the avatar change would cross to his gmail too. you might trick people once but it is not going to work a second time ! pathetic !

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lost Dragon said:

For your own sake and well being, I urge you to seek the professional medical help you need, your spiraling out of control and this has evidently now gone way past the point of you being little more than a nuisance to various communities, with your ego and false facts, your making me feel very, very uncomfortable by changing one of your account names to match an old account of mine.

That's obsessive behaviour disorder right there and i am going to have to seek professional advice on how best to proceed with regards to you, for my own safety and those in my household.

it is insanity mate it really is :( why can he just not behave like a reasonable person ! i suppose the answer to that is simply 'because he is not' :( 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

I feel sad for him. 

Did he really think after a decade+ of causing trouble and posting wild, unbased lies and hate towards others it wouldn't come full circle at some point and land back at his doorstep with a mountain of proof?

The suicide comment is the final straw for myself.

Our family never came to terms with what happened when it occurred to us,as how can you?

There were no warning signs, he had been planning it for months and after he did it, it was us that were left to pick up the pieces and what? Just try and move on?

You can't. 

That's all i am going to say regarding my personal experience of mental health issues leading to suicide as it's far too much of an open wound to this day to discuss and this is not the place to discuss it.

Nor will I be going into how I feel about any individual trying to capitalise on such issues to try and gain sympathy, now his behaviour patterns and the very real damage he's done to individuals and commuities combined has been exposed. 

The individual is simply a real and present danger to himself and others.

@Funkyspectrum:

The tipping point/wake up call for myself with this situation, the point where you realise your no longer dealing with a social media construct that rather than further his path towards becoming a full time YT personality or Retro book writer or what ever the long term goal of his is...by working WITH the community,  he has decided the best approach is to belittle the works of anyone he feels has wronged him or is a potential threat..but is an individual in need of some serious professional help, really happened in the last 6 months.

Events like him no longer writing for RetroGamer magazine (I haven't been a subscriber for years) and the Vega + scandal or C64 Mini fiasco (no interest in either platform)  went over my head.

Horacegate.. Pfff..again here, meant little to me personally, as not on Twitter, Retro Princess was a who???? to myself, ditto Paul Andrews..

But..

It saw the sock puppet accounts, which we had all known about since they were created, go from tools used to attack people in comments sections on various YT videos (nothing concerning there with that, part and parcel of it) and self congratulate (again nothing new, that's why they were created), but from what i have been shown, they were then used to attack people he had once been very keen to promote as friends, supporters and allies. 

The falling out between him and Chris Wilkins of Fusion books and that bizarre name and shame Twitter poll

His attempts to get his supporters to demand Amazon pulled down unfavourable reviews, whilst his Patreon supporters and others (Retro Girl) were abusing the review system by leaving 5 star reviews,  average at best reviews for Fusion books publications,  wouldn't of looked good to score them too low as he was a guest writer in them.

To see Songbird attacked (that's low)

The Oliver Twins..

It's all taken a very, very disturbing turn of events and is way past the point of us saying for goodness sake, stop reusing 7 year old reviews,  slow the rate of these books, research properly and just let your work speak for itself.

We are seeing him troll professional musicians 

Use other people's YT footage to keep up with the expected 3 videos a week

He has been very fortunate so far that Fusion books has made no response to him via social media advising people not to back crowd funding projects or buy productions from them and warning people not to work with them.

I'm going to act on the advice i have recieved this afternoon and will be putting clear blue water between myself and this individual and it's now up to the likes of YT and Amazon etc how they deal with abuse of review systems and video footage used without permission. 

6 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

I don't believe for one second that Kieren Hawken would ever off himself as he's too much of a narcissist and psychopath to do such a thing.  As a matter of fact, I'm going to go out on a limb and make a bold prediction: he's going to go radio silent for a bit, then spread a rumour that he killed himself.  That's right folks, you heard it here first!

• Like 3

I have my own guess. He'll run silent for two weeks, return with his account still set to 'private', though Kieren will claim that he took a break to receive treatment for self-harming and therapy. Then he'll soon launch into a series of Tweets promoting himself as an advocate for anti-bullying (maybe even try to ally himself with the Anti-Bullying Alliance), cut-and-paste inspirational quotes about strength, not giving up, etc. If he's really clever, Kieren will say that he forgives all those responsible for pushing him to the brink of self-destruction, trying to look enlightened and healed, which will last for - maybe - 15 days. Before you know it, Kieren will be "back to normal", robbing people of credit, stealing others work, occasionally extracting this episode from his ass whenever he feels threatened....

Second option? If his excuses are as lazy as his writing, "I was hacked! Obviously, it was AA trying to ruin me. Liard's Liar? Very funny. I assure you I never contemplated suicide for even a moment and I'm deeply disgusted with these tactics. Rest assured these incels will be reported to those with authority to rectify this situation and finally end this toxic environment they have created."

Anyone wanna' place bets? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I feel i need to make a statement as my name has been put in that tweet about sucidial feelings.

In my life,both personal and professional,  i have had to deal with far more suicides, not attempts, actual suicides, than is healthy. 

My Grandmothers second husband,  was an Electrician by trade and he wired himself into the mains and hit the switch in their garden shed,  the smell alone will stay with me until my time of passing.

This is a rural area, farmers, farmers with shotguns,  farmers who have been forced into bankruptcy and only see one way out..you can work out the rest.

Honestly lost count of amount of suicides via hanging and you do not want to be the first on the scene,  nor when people have jumped from towers or bridges etc.

You know i was a special constable in Devon And Cornwall Police,Laird and your not stupid, you know how stretched UK police forces are so specials are used to plug gaps,our duties involved front line policing and working alongside regular officers. 

All that came with it:Domestic violence, sudden deaths, road traffic accidents,  it was all there waiting after we'd already done a days work or were supposed to be on rest days.

But rather than admit your A to Z guides are of substandard quality and you cut every corner in creation to pump them out,  your out there telling people i am getting my shits and giggles from pushing you over the edge..

Sir, you utterly disgust me.

I used to feel sorry for you, a degree of pity, flicker at times of empathy,  but now?

You crossed the line and it's just pure disgust. 

Edited by Lost Dragon

32 minutes ago, Welshworrier said:

Thanks to the guy who supplied this shot, I agree it would take a special kind of mind to make comments about suicide attempts and yet use smilies and a dig at LD the day later.

Apparently there was also a purge of "spies" from the group at the same time.

Screenshot_20200208-205117__01.jpg

Considering i put interview Q's to Darryl Still on RVG at the time,which he kindly answered and i conducted my own personal interview with him, some time after for ST GAMER MAGAZINE:Volume 1...

Ohh I dunno,  i think Darryl and myself had a pretty good working relationship. 

Not spoken to Darryl since 2014.

Darryl just one of many Atari UK staff i talked with:

Mike Fulton

Jon Dean

Martin Walker

Bob Katz 

Les Player (RIP)

Made attempts to contact many more.

No one source is ever going to provide all the answers.

I'm talked publically and in private with Darryl over the flak he took in letters pages in Ultimate Future Games and C+VG etc during the Jaguar era, he was more than happy to go through it all and in bloody good spirits to boot.

Poor bastard only had a shoestring budget to work with and a mountain to climb with the Jaguar. 

Some of his Jaguar claims at the time were nonsense and we've laughed about how they came about.

But..

To be fair, it wasn't me making Darryl's life hell by getting Guru Larry to sprout a load of 1-side bullshit about Atari UK fucking over Zero 5 coders over the Jaguar release, that was Kieren. 

Kieren who didn't ask Darryl for the Atari UK side of events

Kieren who didn't know who boss of Caspain Software even was.

You make your own life exactly what it is Kieren, you always have.

Own it.

Get the bloody help you so badly need and just stop trying to associate blame to everyone else.

If HELL for you is defined as you yet again told an utter crock of shite and declared yourself an expert on the subject and someone like myself pulled you up and corrected that claim, knowing exactly how you'd react and you'd not learn from it and start doing proper research like all the rest of us out here..

Then your hell is an absolute paradise. 

Edited by Lost Dragon
  • Like 1

And then there is this:

image.png.6a5f75fefb86ab8175bd65e35118accb.png

Clearly, if that were the case, you would only be 'thinking' about it, and of course, you'd wait a week to do so because how else could you get a wave of 'oh, noes, please don't goes' comments to flood in?

If the last sentence were true the last decade of his postings would be about how sweet unicorn farts smell.

Openly posting on facebook (and continuing to attack others with baseless remarks) while making vile claims on twitter?  Seems legit.

• Like 4

Kieren had upset a community, no scratch that, communities, long before i knew him

The entire Steve Davis Snooker,  Back To Basics, Little Green Desktop false game claims fiascos had occurred on World Of Spectrum and here, long before i joined RetroGamer forum (where i first encountered Kieren). 

On RetroGamer forum Kieren used to relish trolling Nintendo fans, as the magazines own editor repeatedly pointed out, Kieren was one of the most reported posters on the forum

Yet what did the editor do?

Took him on as a Freelancer...

By the time of RVG forum, which was used as a platform by banned from Atari Age posters,to wage some pathetic little gurellia war, hit n run snipes at people on here who's names meant nothing to me, out came the claims of how toxic the Atari community was.

IF the Atari community is so toxic and having such a detrimental impact on your quality of life, you'd do everything in your power to remove that aspect from your life.

Let's not forget that after slandering Atari Age,  it's posters, it's moderators etc off, for years, Kieren asked to be allowed back on as Albert gratefully allowed him to rejoin and how was Albert repaid? 

Kieren was out there slandering the site on social media.

You can't say the Atari community is a literal cesspool of foulness, but did you know i have written X number of articles for RG on Atari and can i interest you in these A to Z guides of mine covering the 2600,7800, ST,Lynx and  Jaguar..

Let me show you my Atari YT videos..

Hey..you there, YOUR lost Jaguar game video was terrible, poorly researched and you got so much wrong, what you need is ME, ME, ME..

Don't use Ross who works hand in hand with credible sites like Unseen64, GTW, Atarimania etc and historians like Scott Stilphen, don't believe any of his research.

21 minutes ago, CyranoJ said:

And then there is this:

image.png.6a5f75fefb86ab8175bd65e35118accb.png

Clearly, if that were the case, you would only be 'thinking' about it, and of course, you'd wait a week to do so because how else could you get a wave of 'oh, noes, please don't goes' comments to flood in?

If the last sentence were true the last decade of his postings would be about how sweet unicorn farts smell.

Openly posting on facebook (and continuing to attack others with baseless remarks) while making vile claims on twitter?  Seems legit.

Retrocanteen forum 

Site owner ended up walking away from his own creation "thanks" to the trouble kieren caused on there...

Maybe current owner could be persuaded to join here and detail that if there are any R.C posters among us?.

I closed my account long ago.

Let's see how you explain YOUR actions here then Kieren, to anyone your directing to this thread.

As mentioned earlier, after slagging this forum off, having been banned and warning others not to join here, WHY did you approach Albert and have him reinstate you?

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/236176-rob-hubbard-pokey-music/

If the site had wronged you to such an extreme,  it'd be the last place you'd be looking at to get back into.

I gladly walked away from RetroGamer, Retrocanteen and Assembler forums, ditto Gamestm forum,Atari I.O Forum, Atari Sector (Grumpy Old Gamers and Weekend Gamer forums closed due to internal conflicts between staff)

If I was making your life hell, why did you subscribe to my YT account? 

Why did you run a name and shame poll on Twitter, results of which were overwhelming in favour of you naming..and then not name?

As the saying goes, for those unaware..

Some examples of how kieren acted on RetroGamer magazine forum, even when he was a Freelancer for the magazine:

Fake Accounts:

Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:28 pm

Over the past days there has been an ongoing problem with certain members, reports of other people using multiple accounts and people reporting other members for what would normally be seen as just a silly comment.
There is not going to be any cover ups, no cloak n dagger rubbish.

Minerals does exist (I have met him) and he is Kieren's (Laird) Brother. Laird & minerals have different ip addresses. I have to admit that I missed all of the posts that were deleted and didn't get to see what was going on, but beyond minerals removing his posts (after an argument with Laird), I cannot see any evidence of Laird logging in as his brother.
Minerals will stay banned though. This whole thing will be looked into further just to clarify matters.

Darran@Retro Gamer

Re: Trolling

Post Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:39 am

The Laird wrote:I would love to know exactly what I am supposed to have done, especially as my name keeps being mentioned.

Pretty much the only thing I posted in the Wii U thread that everyone keeps going on about was a positive review of the console.

*SIGH*

I'm guessing your name has been mentioned because you've been notoriously bad for doing this in the past. You've admittedly calmed down a lot, but it would appear people have long memories.

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:To quote Star Trek. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
DreamcastRIP is by far the worst offender we have on the forum, followed by Halcyon Daze and The Laird (in terms of the complaints I get about them). When you get people directly leaving because of what an individual is saying to them you have to do something about it. If we had acted a little sooner and been heavier with the banning then maybe it wouldn't come as such a shock to people now, but I have a magazine to make first and foremost and that's my priority. The Nintendo thread was set up because people like DreamcastRIP constantly derailed any thread to do with them. If this was happening with other systems those same things would apply. The fact of the matter is, if you all start acting like children you'll be treated like children and we'll take things away from you. I could have done a blanket ban on Halcyon Daze and The Laird (I'f certainly mentioned the latter's behavior to him) but they were wise enough to keep quiet when the post went done. DreamcastRIP wasn't so he was dealt with. I'm tired of people bullying others with their beliefs and then trying to hide behind the I have a right to state my opinion speech that I constantly get.

Not any more.

Getting the idea?

People quit RG forum because of Kierens behaviour.. 

Stopped buying the magazine because Kieren was a writer.

The above posts are from the forum Moderators and Magazine staff.

Look at what is being made clear..lairds BEHAVIOUR.. 

It's for the best people are made aware of what went on and what was flagged up by other site admins and magazine editors, that way there is no risk it can be dismissed as individuals having an agenda or out to get laird.

It's not just an Atari Age thing..

Or RVG thing...

Or Retrocanteen thing..

Or YT thing..

Or FB or Twitter thing (sorry to dissapoint you there kieren, i never partook in those 2 favourite haunts of yours, did i?) , so if life thanks to me was hell,  you had sanctuary there..

It's simply what Kieren has been doing for as long as myself and many others have known him and it's reached the point where only now is it all being archived properly.

Edited by Lost Dragon

Looking back it finally hit me what the main issue is (YMMV).

Bias.

When an article in a magazine, yt clip or even on TV/radio appears you always have to believe the journalist or presenter is giving you an unbiased report. Whenever you get anything that has been fingered by Mr hawken you cannot believe that any more. Professional integrity is key to being seen as a credible 'journalist' but as keiren has pursued his scorched earth policies, moving from one forum to another after banning, using fake accounts to promote his own work, deleting historical works to maintain his 'image' then you can no longer assume non-bias. His integrity is shot.

An example here was when my eldest son received a retro book as a Christmas present. Inside was an article on the 20th anniversary of the Atari jaguar, and top ten games written by he who should not be named. In the article there was not one mention of the work done by reboot or atariage but veneration of titles such as Gorf and the incomplete BIWN. I.e. people he admired. He then went into discussing the homebrew future and mentioned Vladr and even quoted Jeffrey (of wave 1 game fame). No pretense of impartiality, just petty partisanship - Jeff being the moderator on the FB group Keiren had set up. 

He did a YT review of the C64 mini which was the best thing on the planet... Without mentioning in the video he had a financial interest with the publisher and had boasted about choosing the games to include.

When comments are made to correct his errors e.g. when called out on the psx version of doom being incorrect in a comparison video (as it had been run under an incomplete emulator) he explained it was down to his special footage that he had not actually recorded. He then used the same incorrect footage in another video 2 weeks later. As we've since all become aware the special footage store appears to be obscure YT posters.

When a  "serious expert and journalist" shows such bias, errors and distain for their target (and shrinking) audience again and again - you have to ask why anybody believes what they produce.

Edited by Welshworrier
  • Like 5