IGNORED

The review of A-Z of Atari ST Games Volume 3 book RetroLaird is trying to delete!

2 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

Quite happy to hand over the rather large archive of screencaps and emails from the last decade regarding how Kieren has been openly attacking myself and others, and encouraging others to also do the same, including many, many from Jaguar Sector III - including ones he left up just long enough for people to read before deleting, to any police force that requests them. Especially the ones where he claims I'm homophobic and causing gay people to leave the scene.

People have been capturing from JS3 since the day it opened to collect this stuff because we knew he wouldn't stop hurling abuse at people.  We've watched all his rants and attacks, all his purges of spies. All his posts and deletions. All of it.

What I've posted here is the tip of the tip of the iceberg.  

Do bear in mind, that police officers HATE being drawn into social media spats. Over the past few years as social media has become so prolific in everyday life, police are called out regularly over petty arguments on Facebook. When they get a report that there's something kicking off on social media or forums, they take a dim view of it. (I had someone off the comedy circuit report me to the police because I expressed my sincere view on Twitter, that psychics are frauds, the police were not interested in the complaint.)

Now, I know this is NOT a petty argument. Business relationships have been severely damaged (and are only just repairing) because of Kieren Hawken. At least two female gamers with social anxiety issues have been viciously targeted, too.

What I'm trying to say is, if the police do contact anyone off this forum - and I know this is going to sound patronising but I speak from experience - just get straight to the point about Kieren's breaking of the law. Honestly, there's no need to bring in his factual inaccuracies on Atari hardware or the (admittedly hilarious) 'Steve Davis Snooker 128K' boasts. And to instigate copyright action would be a civil dispute, not for the officers on the beat, although it is still legitimate to bring in any evidence of Kieren ripping you off. Whatever you've got on Kieren, make it concise, keep it as factual as possible, don't go heavily into 'story mode'. Remember, the police will take action if you can demonstrate him causing anxiety and/or distress.

Start with the worst of his attacks. Keep in mind that he will portray you lot as the big nasty bullies, the ones who have driven him to despair. You've got a limited amount of time to demonstrate to a complete stranger, who has no skin in the game on Atari (let alone retrogaming), that Kieren Hawken is an abusive liar. You can cite the troll accounts, he will of course deny being behind them. Once there's a big enough picture built of his motivation, his dishonesty and his trolling, there's a case for the troll accounts to be investigated.

If you're not acquainted with the Malicious Communications Act 1988, get reading it. If it's true, tell the police you've been targeted by his troll accounts and it caused major concern to you. If enough people cite those troll accounts (especially the one that brought up the specific anti-depressant medication one gamer previously confided to Kieren that she took), there will be justification for every computing device in his household to be forensically examined.

Thankfully, the police do take into account the overall perception of a person within their online community. This week has seen Kieren Hawken absolutely condemned from many different corners of retrogaming, from people who don't always see eye to eye. This forum thread has been a major catalyst (although, it was a bit waffly in the first few pages); George Cropper's Wotsit video was where the dam burst, and the absolute pinnacle in my eyes, is Chris Wilkins's Facebook post with 300+ comments that utterly annihilate the self-proclaimed Laird (a lot of eye-witness accounts of him being abusive at events). More credibility comes from Mr Biffo's Digitiser article on how he was duped by Kieren, and the recent Facebook post from Octav1us that outlines specific abuse from Kieren aimed at her.

My life was turned almost upside-down two years ago when a real-life acquaintance - formerly a friend - on the comedy circuit heavily turned on me, all because I could not guarantee her a performance spot at one of my comedy nights. She went full-on troll mode against me, claiming I was trying to censor her, trying to lose her work, stalking her, etc, etc. All bollocks. And my inbox filled up with anecdotes from other comedians on how this woman had caused massive drama for other people, including the abuse of promoters, comedians and even audience members in the past. She was certainly not - how do I say this kindly? - thinking straight. A trawl through her past social media brought up specific posts where she literally wanted a physical fight against a female reviewer who gave her a bad write-up; vandalism of comedy night posters; lots of other threats to comedians. I screengrabbed it all, but never brought it to police attention, because she was clearly not mentally well and I genuinely had sympathy for her MH battles (still do). She was the one who went to the police against me, but it all backfired for her when the police saw my 41-page dossier of screengrabs, getting her a severe reprimand. It's not an episode I want to relive, but I learnt a lot from how the police view social media 'battles' from that incident and how to deal with someone in a scene dragging your name through the mud, in defiance of reality.

Anyway, enough waffle from me. Here's hoping the healing goes as smoothly as possible.

• Like 6

Re:just get straight to the point about Kieren's breaking of the law. Honestly, there's no need to bring in his factual inaccuracies on Atari hardware or the (admittedly hilarious) 'Steve Davis Snooker 128K' boasts. And to instigate copyright action would be a civil dispute, not for the officers on the beat, although it is still legitimate to bring in any evidence of Kieren ripping you off. Whatever you've got on Kieren, make it concise, keep it as factual as possible, don't go heavily into 'story mode'. Remember, the police will take action if you can demonstrate him causing anxiety and/or distress.

Here is the wisdom of Solomon. 

The police are not going to want to hear how Kieren lied about coding games or sold shareware on EBay using art without permission or has been caught using others YT footage (even though it forms his established behaviour pattern),  those are issues for YT,EBAY etc to deal with.

Also,  they won't care he's cluessless when it comes to over 75% of the subjects he writes and talks about.

It will be his alleged use of social media to carry out hate speech and attacks designed to harm the reputation and incomes of individuals and organisations. 

looking at Octav1us Kitten FB post there's allegations of sexist and transphobic commentary by Kieren, CyranoJ has posted images where kieren accuses others of being homophobic.. 

As for the alleged incidents at Retro Events, not on FB,  so cannot see the allegations, but over the years there have been countless stories about countless incidents,before, during and after the actual events.

But because no individuals or organisation teams took any action, you'll be hard pressed to get the Police to investigate any of the claims i have been made aware of.

whIilst on RVG,  an associate of Kierens PM'ed me with a claim Kieren had passed on extremely sensitive and confidential information regarding a senior figure at Imagine Publishing.

I ignored said claim and cut all contact with Kierens associate as the claim appeared deliberately worded as  'bait', individual hoping i would spread the information as i loathed kieren so much at that point for his behaviour. 

Now i could quite easily believe IF said claim was told to Kieren in the utmost confidence,  he then told his associate.

I believe people are now suggesting Poppy Sinclair on Twitter was yet another sock puppet account of Kierens, due to Kieren being the only person to know highly confidential information regarding an individual, which found it's way into the now deleted Poppy Sinclair accounts hands?

If Kieren is found to be behind multiple fake accounts, accounts designed with sole purpose of spreading false information, hate speech and to damage the reputation of others and see people boycott events and publications,  that's a world of hurt right there.

At this stage,  i wish we could just turn the clock back to when Kieren was little more than an egotistical mouthpiece, swaggering around making a fool of himself with his Atari corrections and we'd just sigh, correct his corrections and wait for Beast and Forza to appear, Kieren to play victim and say usual suspects were making his life hell and bad mouth us on JSIII.

That at least was harmless.

Whats been unearthed is anything but..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lost Dragon said:

That at least was harmless.

Was it?

image.png.83cbb564bd30e6797c7854a870aec165.png

image.png.ecb19290d98947cccc7dbcfed2126ac1.png

I recently signed up at a forum Kieren used to inhabit, and within 5 minutes got this from someone I've never even met or heard of as a Private Message:

Welcome to <removed>. But, PLEASE don't bring any of the past drama here. This site has become a positive community focused on retro gaming news/conversation and doesn't need any of the endless personal vendettas that keep flaring up on AA.

Pretty sure the UK Defamation Law covers Libel and loss of income/harm to reputation.  I'll have to look into that.  Although with everyone else getting in on his action, there won't be much left to pick at if he keeps things up.

Again, Kieren, just get some mental health help and walk away now, while it is still possible with just your honour lost.  If you keep pushing, people will have no recourse but to push back.

• Like 5

Sorry,  when i said harmless, i meant he could never do any real harm to my professional world, friends that are into Retro are all too well aware of who Kieren is, others just look at what he's done in utter disbelief. 

I've never had any YT videos,  i just post comments on others videos, i don't think anyone has ever bought a magazine or book because i have done a free interview for it or passed on some research. 

His pathetic attempt at downvoting the interviews hosted on GTW site, just had us splitting our sides with laughter. 

The little familiars warning thread about me on Retrocanteen, just saw support for myself as people knew the familiar was acting on Kierens behalf, even though Kieren denied it..

A similar situation occurred on Assembler forum, Clint Thompson and a few others simply joined to point out the truth behind the lies being said by Kierens JSIII familiar, who was banned soon after for trolling other people

I was scolded as apparently it was socially unacceptable to point out what was going on.

I didn't loose any sleep over that and the forum went south itself soon after.

I have strong suspicions he put paid to at least 2 industry individuals answering interview Q's i had sat with them, but i just found the answers via alternative sources and 1 of the 2 has since been shown to be an unreliable source of information. 

I've seen a few sample comments from Chris Wilkins FB page..

Just wow.

People pointing out they quit forums because of Kieren

Pulled out of Retro Events because of Kieren..

Roger Kean warning kieren about making libelous statements..

Forza 77 trolling YT channel presenters.

This reminded me of Kieren recently suggesting he knew more about the UK console market than Julian 'Jazza' Rignal of Mean Machines Magazine (someone Kieren referred to as a Dick Head on RVG) and EMAP magazines market researchers,  over supposed market share of the 7800 and why Mean Machines didn't cover it.

Even when entering into discussions with TRUE games journos,  Kieren always had that superiority complex that got people's backs right up..

• Like 2

Yep, that message re:Rebooteroids and the post being pulled from Facebook with a reference to “vile people” was from me. If required I have an archived copy I can retrieve.

To me, there’s no doubt that such comments will have resulted in a loss of orders. KH opinions had an air of legitimacy, at least to me probably naively. Those not in the know I believe would take his comments at face value from a “journalist”.  This definitely has resulted in lost orders for both Reboot and AtariAge.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, RetroElectroDad said:

Yep, that message re:Rebooteroids and the post being pulled from Facebook with a reference to “vile people” was from me.

Thank you, appreciate the comment, but more than anything, appreciate that your opinion has changed. Welcome to the world of Jaguar Homebrew beyond the confines of JS3 :)

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, RetroElectroDad said:

Yep, that message re:Rebooteroids and the post being pulled from Facebook with a reference to “vile people” was from me. If required I have an archived copy I can retrieve.

To me, there’s no doubt that such comments will have resulted in a loss of orders. KH opinions had an air of legitimacy, at least to me probably naively. Those not in the know I believe would take his comments at face value from a “journalist”.  This definitely has resulted in lost orders for both Reboot and AtariAge.

So..

Is there now not a clear case that can be built, that whilst masquerading under his pretence of being an RG Freelance writer (who would think to question someone who worked for such a publication), he attempted and succeeded in persuading individuals to boycott:

Games from Reboot/Atari Age Forum 

Magazines/books from Fusion Books, as well as not back crowdfunding projects by Chris Wilkins 

Retro Events such as Retro Revival? 

Edited by Lost Dragon
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Total Eclipse said:

I've heard someone stating that Kieren has contacted their place of work in an attempt to get them fired. 

He's not taking this lying down. 

Ohhh my god. 

The more that comes to light, the more dangerous Kieren appears.

If this is true, i hope the individual in question takes legal proceedings against Kieren,it's the only way to stop the spread of this madness.. 

Edited by Lost Dragon

1 minute ago, Total Eclipse said:

I've heard someone stating that Kieren has contacted their place of work in an attempt to get them fired. 

That action, in and of itself, can backfire on him quite badly if true. Just like everything else.

• Like 4

I was going to post about having looked at Amazon.Co.UK..

I saw Chris Wilkins had thanked Kieren for the Retro Girl review of his Amiga in Pixels book on there and made clear Kieren had been paid for his work.

The comment was 4 weeks old.

The sheer idiocy of that Retro Girl account..

5 stars all Kierens books..

Slamns any Chris Wilkins books Kieren didn't contribute on

Retro Girl owns a MS Surface.. Kieren was boasting on social media of owning such a device for his writing work

Retro Girl holidays in Tenerife as does Kieren.. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Total Eclipse said:

Yes, I heard similar actually. Worrying indeed, if true.

• Like 1

Since mentioning the Patreon account of a certain Luton-based retrogamer on this thread using the intellectual property (back issue archive of Sinclair User) of Bauer Media, a certain post on that Patreon account is now deleted.

Today on Twitter, I noticed that trolling Twitter account @ZXPoppySinclair had become active again, making a new post. An account which is primarily targeted at a certain prolific female retrogaming YouTuber with well-known MH issues. I tweeted that it was a very stupid move for this trolling account to become active, what with the very intense scrutiny of You Know Who, who I would say is definitely behind it.

It is now no longer active again. It had been using the user label 'ZXFlouexetine'.

Flouextine is a strong anti-depressant, used to treat major depressive disorder.

Anyway, here's yesterday's public statement from Octav1us's FB page, which has an interesting line about anti-depressants. It is an exercise for the reader to work out what has been going on, I won't patronise you.

86191915_2744598812283929_37766732514265

86357295_2744598815617262_12255801191883

86495879_2744598898950587_76233027240119

Somewhere in the south of Bedfordshire, you can hear a sphincter becoming very very tight indeed.

Edited by PeteProdge
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I've been messaged about Kierens behaviour towards BTB (Lynx Longer, Jag Bar, 7800 Avenue on YT).

I can clearly remember kieren trolling him in the comments sections of his videos, saying BTB had no idea what he was talking about, should not even be reviewing Atari Games etc.

But claim was BTB was invited to join JSIII, which he did, posted some Atari videos, which Kieren removed and replaced with his own?

I do remember the other incidents i was asked about:

Kieren falsely claiming Piko Interactive had not legally purchases Custodian from Hewson.

Kieren attacking the Guardian Online writer who didn't include the Atari Lynx in his article on the 10 most influential handhelds of all time..

And kieren announcing to his friends back in early 2017, to.prepare to hear shocking things about him and why he would no longer be writing for RG magazine, even though the magazines editor had warned him not to go public about it.

That was after the fake account popped up on RG Forum praising Kierens Lynx Anniversary article and asking for more articles from Kieren..

32 minutes ago, Welshworrier said:

Careful, you are maligning a notable alumni of SJLS according to Wikipedia. So notable in fact that some anonymous person from Luton might have added them September last year.

Screenshot_20200215-203544__01.jpg

Screenshot_20200215-203305__01.jpg

Virgin Media are certainly a very popular Internet provider..

Other Internet providers of course are available and i bring the below up out of pure coincidence... 

The Laird

Re: Virgin Media Came To Town.

Post Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:12 pm

I've used them for over 10 years now and would never change. You get the odd problem but they usually sort it pretty quickly. For me it comes down to speed most of all and nobody can touch  Virgin on that. Even on the most basic package here I can have 120mb, that's over twice as fast as what BT offer!

37 minutes ago, Welshworrier said:

Careful, you are maligning a notable alumni of SJLS according to Wikipedia. So notable in fact that some anonymous person from Luton might have added them September last year.

"Award winner author"? - its not grammatically correct and hasn't been proof read. You don't need an IP address to figure out who added that. 

• Like 6

Hello folks, i'm the artist formerly known as Galahad of Fairlight :)

I got involved in this situation because Mr.Hawken kept on trying to delete videos under fair use provisions, so I agreed to host the Lynx God video where he reviewed Kierens A-Z of Atari ST games Volume 3.

I've been pretty successful at heading of copyright knobheads like Kieren, so I put in a disclaimer in the video to let him know that should he do it to me, i'd chase him until the video was back up and his channel got nuked.

As it turned out, me hosting that video and the Wotsit video and this thread here kind of calamitously collided at the same time to bring some much needed sanity to Mr.Hawkens life in general.

And for those wondering if he did contact the Police about me....... he actually did! :)

Which was comically silly of him, and likely won't end well for him if I have my way, because i've escalated it up the chain of command at Bedfordshire Constabulary :)

I wouldn't have been so bothered by it, but he decided to fashion a load of bollocks (quelle surprise?) with which to furnish his story to the PC, which I soon corrected him on.

Basically, me telling Kieren what would happen to him if he didn't retract the copyright notice is according to Kieren "blackmail" and "harassment".

Me pointing out him leaving himself open to being sued is apparently blackmail!!!

A bit like a Police Officer stopping me and telling me "If you don't stop speeding, i'm going to giving you a ticket and forward your details to Court."..... "Are you blackmailing me officer?!?!?!?!?!?"

It's that stupid.

Now, I understand the law better than most (Yes, Georges statement about me is ironically true!), I fully understand that Kieren has a right to report me for harassment to the Police if he has "an honestly held belief", that i'm doing that.

He also isn't in trouble with the law if his "honestly held belief" is found to be incorrect.

It's all cool with me, I don't care, it's water off a ducks back, and the threat by the PC of me being served with a Harassment and Distress Order was falling on deaf ears, as there was no evidence to show i'd harassed anyone, which the PC accepted, hearing the other side of the story.

Also, it was suggested that I was some kind of "ringleader" and could I call off the mob because they might get in trouble lol

I politely told the PC that i'm no ringleader of anything and that if he had cause to censure anyone, he'd be doing that work himself, nowt to do with me Officer!

I would have left it, but Kieren......  turns out he's less bright than a can of black paint in a room devoid of all light!

He decided to post on Facebook that I'd harassed him and he'd be reporting me to the Police.... fine, crack on young lad...... but that he'd also had a £1000 fraud committed on one of his cards, lots of false direct debits setup in his name, and this all magically happened when I entered his life!

Needless to say, i've escalated this beyond the initial dealing PC and we're at SGT level at the moment (who incidentally needs a prod to respond), because, well, I can easily and utterly destroy his "honestly held belief", i.e. prove he's not honest.

So more on this later as it develops, the video will be back up very soon, I will get recourse through the Police, and it will be very interesting as to what occurs next, but i'm guessing Mr.Hawken won't like it very much.

Hi Kieren, I gave you fair warning and you doubled down.......   ;)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Also thought some of you might get a kick out of this.  The same IP address that suggested that Mr.Hawken was a notable at Sir John Lawes School, also with the same IP address decided to write this on the Harpenden page which is where Mr.Hawken comes from:

"*Kieren Hawken, the award winning author and media personality who was born at The Red House and lived in Harpenden for 21 years. He attended Morton End, Crabtree Junior and Sir John Lawes and worked in several shops in the town."

Its also probably just a coincidence that if you look at for instance Klax's page on wikipedia, there is a reference there to "an author named Kieren Hawken described Klax as "one of the most coveted video games of all time."[12]"

I'm sure its a coincidence that Kieren's name is mentioned.... i'm sure there can't be others namechecking him.........

• Like 2