IGNORED

The review of A-Z of Atari ST Games Volume 3 book RetroLaird is trying to delete!

1 minute ago, neo_rg said:

Just out of interest what was the police report number.

There wasn't one, Kieren gave my email address he would have gotten from Youtube when I counter claimed, and the PC in question simply directly emailed me giving me "words of advice" which were politely declined as what he'd been told was a load of bollocks.

I'm guessing the PC wanted to do it on the "take heed of my warning before it goes somewhere you don't want it", what the PC wasn't expecting was me to take it somewhere he didn't want to go, the end result was I politely told him if he wasn't prepared to escalate it, i'd have the details of his next in line and go directly to them, which he duly obliged.

I hold the PC no ill will, he can only go on what he was told.  He was corrected.... he took it pretty well :)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Total Eclipse said:

Those Wikipedia entries are missing the word "disgraced" to keep them relevant. 

it's the utter stupidity of the man to go and edit stuff about himself, but do it "anonymously", but think wikipedia holding his IP address details won't be a problem!!!

Here is a more detailed listing for those interested, its good for a laugh, because even if you didn't know he thinks Virgin Media were the "tops", it gives his location ffs!!!

Details for 82.7.113.239

IP: 82.7.113.239
Decimal: 1376219631
Hostname: cpc111807-lutn14-2-0-cust494.9-3.cable.virginm.net
ASN: 5089
ISP: Virgin Media
Organization: Virgin Media
Services: None detected
Type: Broadband
Assignment: Likely Dynamic IP
Blacklist:
Continent: Europe
State/Region: Luton
City: Luton
Latitude: 51.9124  (51° 54′ 44.64″ N)
Longitude: -0.3846  (0° 23′ 4.56″ W)
Postal Code: LU2
  • Like 2

Any talk by Kieren of "groups" and "Ringleaders" is straight up paranoia. 

We simply all share one thing in common, our personal experiences with Kieren have been most unpleasant.

Reboot/CyranoJ/Atari Age Games:I don't own a Jaguar console,have never bought any Jaguar Homebrew Games

Chris Wilkins/Fusion Books:Purchased 2 books, first i wasn't that impressed with second i loved.

Never had a FB account

No Twitter account 

So i cannot be part of any elite groups on there.

ChinnyVision :watched and commented on a few of his videos that brought back childhood memories (seeing him struggle with multiple versions of The Last V8)

Never been to any Retro Gaming event, so no alliances there.

No disrespect to any of the ZX Spectrum people, but until you rocked up to add your voices on here, i had no idea who you were and still trying to fit you all into the much bigger jigsaw. 

Galahad:Saw your comments on a few YT videos correcting Kieren, RG magazine mentioned your work in securing Putty from System 3,  but being an ST owner who only had an Amiga 1200 for a few months once he got into Retro, again zero connection. 

I wasn't part of Jaguar Sector II 

My connections to Kieren stem from RVG and RetroGamer Forums and fact we both worked on Atari Gamer Magazine in differing roles for Greyfox.

When i looked at some 50+ posts on Chris Wilkins FB page, i recognised a few familiar names:

Chris Abbot from C64 Audio.com,  (whom i have not spoken to since some very heated email exchanges during my exit from Atari Visual History),  a few RG posters (Markopoloman,  Toxie Dog),  Roger Dean also stood out, but the rest?

Never heard of them.

It's honestly mind-blowing that a single spoof video of a single A to Z Guide out of over 40 Kieren has produced, has been the catalyst that has seen so many individuals step forward with their allegations, suspicions and personal accounts.

It's becoming clear this has been bubbling away beneath the surface for many for years and now the mountain really has blown it's top.

I was taken aback when people came forward in large numbers about Jane Whittaker,  but Chris Wilkins FB page has over 300+ accounts from individuals.

The sheer scope of all of this just makes my head spin.

I just remembered another recent event, having read the latest posts on this thread an especially @StarshipUK 's it shone some light on a bizarre occurrence.

Anyone who follows me on twitter may have seen the odd occasion where I have snapped at Kieren for spouting lies and rubbish, I know I shouldn't poke a troll but I simply find it incredibly difficult to handle liars, and seeing good people suckered in with lies annoys me greatly.  I cannot remember what it was this time that I had pulled him up on, but part way through our Twitter exchange I was called over to my partner, she had just received a friend invite from non-other than KH himself!  Now she is a very private person, has NO interaction or interest in retro games (beyond hogging Puzzle Bobble machines if she finds one :) ) her online world is a very different group of people with absolutely no overlap with the retro community.

So why the hell, would KH want to be friends with her? especially just after I had pulled him up on Twitter again, I've not been "friends" with him probably since 2008.  After reading Starship's story however I now believe his intention was to try and sour the relationship between myself and my partner!  All because I called him out for lies!  (I did post on Twitter and specifically asked him to leave families out of this).  Utter scumbag

• Like 8

6 hours ago, LinkoVitch said:

I just remembered another recent event, having read the latest posts on this thread an especially @StarshipUK 's it shone some light on a bizarre occurrence.

Anyone who follows me on twitter may have seen the odd occasion where I have snapped at Kieren for spouting lies and rubbish, I know I shouldn't poke a troll but I simply find it incredibly difficult to handle liars, and seeing good people suckered in with lies annoys me greatly.  I cannot remember what it was this time that I had pulled him up on, but part way through our Twitter exchange I was called over to my partner, she had just received a friend invite from non-other than KH himself!  Now she is a very private person, has NO interaction or interest in retro games (beyond hogging Puzzle Bobble machines if she finds one :) ) her online world is a very different group of people with absolutely no overlap with the retro community.

So why the hell, would KH want to be friends with her? especially just after I had pulled him up on Twitter again, I've not been "friends" with him probably since 2008.  After reading Starship's story however I now believe his intention was to try and sour the relationship between myself and my partner!  All because I called him out for lies!  (I did post on Twitter and specifically asked him to leave families out of this).  Utter scumbag

I would like to stress there’s a bunch of stuff off with Starship’s post (notwithstanding that Jason Butwell isn’t evil and hasn’t had any dealings with Kieran for years) and Starship is pretty much ostracised from the UK events community for various reasons as well. However, yes, stories about Kieran trying to ruin relationships have much more solid grounding.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Lost Dragon said:

Any talk by Kieren of "groups" and "Ringleaders" is straight up paranoia. 

We simply all share one thing in common, our personal experiences with Kieren have been most unpleasant.

Reboot/CyranoJ/Atari Age Games:I don't own a Jaguar console,have never bought any Jaguar Homebrew Games

Chris Wilkins/Fusion Books:Purchased 2 books, first i wasn't that impressed with second i loved.

Never had a FB account

No Twitter account 

So i cannot be part of any elite groups on there.

ChinnyVision :watched and commented on a few of his videos that brought back childhood memories (seeing him struggle with multiple versions of The Last V8)

Never been to any Retro Gaming event, so no alliances there.

No disrespect to any of the ZX Spectrum people, but until you rocked up to add your voices on here, i had no idea who you were and still trying to fit you all into the much bigger jigsaw. 

Galahad:Saw your comments on a few YT videos correcting Kieren, RG magazine mentioned your work in securing Putty from System 3,  but being an ST owner who only had an Amiga 1200 for a few months once he got into Retro, again zero connection. 

I wasn't part of Jaguar Sector II 

My connections to Kieren stem from RVG and RetroGamer Forums and fact we both worked on Atari Gamer Magazine in differing roles for Greyfox.

When i looked at some 50+ posts on Chris Wilkins FB page, i recognised a few familiar names:

Chris Abbot from C64 Audio.com,  (whom i have not spoken to since some very heated email exchanges during my exit from Atari Visual History),  a few RG posters (Markopoloman,  Toxie Dog),  Roger Dean also stood out, but the rest?

Never heard of them.

It's honestly mind-blowing that a single spoof video of a single A to Z Guide out of over 40 Kieren has produced, has been the catalyst that has seen so many individuals step forward with their allegations, suspicions and personal accounts.

It's becoming clear this has been bubbling away beneath the surface for many for years and now the mountain really has blown it's top.

I was taken aback when people came forward in large numbers about Jane Whittaker,  but Chris Wilkins FB page has over 300+ accounts from individuals.

The sheer scope of all of this just makes my head spin.

It seems that this particular topic isn't going anyway anytime soon.
There does seem to be an almost endless supply of ammunition that has been sitting on the shelves for an inordinate amount of time. Fifteen years of tolerating this continually annoying and antagonistic presence in a mostly tolerant community if rumours are to be believed.
People do seem, for the most part, to have been painfully patient and ignored the constant buzzing of this self-serving irritant for a variety of reasons; they think him unworthy of their time and/or attention, they see him as beneath their dignity and have better things to do with their lives or they put him squarely in the same category as the millions of other internet madmen, raving in the electronic wilderness, then shrug and move on.
There are, unfortunately a growing number of others who have been taken to task by Kieren, for reasons best known to himself (You'd like to think, but even this is up for debate.), time and time again in one or more of his interminable vendettas, played out on a variety of websites using sock-puppet accounts, pathetic amateurish attempts at trying to bewilder an infinitely wiser community that A: he has supporters and/or fans or if we can stretch our imaginations even further, that he actually has friends and B: that he is actually some misunderstood and much-maligned font of wisdom, turned unfairly into a pariah by a cabal of evil-minded internet thugs and scalliwags determined to consign him to the darkness with their "account hacking" and "misappropriation of funds".
The events of the last week or more has produced a broad scope of response, outrage, fury, incredulity, horror and mortified speechlessness. But there have also been one or two people who, bless them, have offered an olive branch to this undeserving and deluded buffoon.
They have suggested he think long and hard, if this is indeed at all possible when one suspects there are severe and irreversible mental defects at play behind this entire decade and a half tapestry of unrequited bile, and step back from any or all involvement in the retro community.
They have also posited that an apology of some sort could, if not make amends to specific parties then might at least give the scene as a whole some form of closure with a smidgen of understanding or insight into the machinations that have fulled this raging pit of hatred toward what we know for a fact are unfairly targeted individuals who have either done nothing to Kieren at all, or have slighted him in his twisted opinion by not recognising his obvious genius and trumpeting such from the rooftops.
But, none of this will happen because he has said "he will never apologise to the community because he has done nothing wrong."
Therefore, all we can do now is sit back and watch as Rome burns, because this, as I said at the start, is not going away and it is also not going to end well for the instigator of this seemingly endless stream of overdue outrage at one singularly, solitary source of unwarranted animosity, bile, vitriol and hatred to an otherwise tolerant, positive and exceptionally welcoming community who do not deserve such a presence, do not need such unfounded and constant negativity but do deserve it to be treated as harshly as the law allows so that they can move on without constantly having to fact-check, look over their shoulders or listen to the never-ending bleatings of the perpetually deranged.

• Like 1

"Someone" is now reporting facebook comments...  apparently they didn't like Octavius' post being linked here....

unknown.pngunknown.png

Artificially increasing content distribution to make money: Nope!

Requiring people to like, share or recommend content before they can view it: Nope!

Pretending to be someone else: Nope!

I've counter-claimed on it.

Not the actions of someone prepared to admit his wrong-doings... battern down the hatches, lads.

• Like 4

He's gonna get hurt with the 'false claims' stick if he does that to everyone.  Contest it.

Kieren, dude, the jig is up.  The cat is well and truly not only out of the bag, it has escaped through the fence and it's now painting your name in piss on bridges over motorways.  Give it up, ffs.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Galahad said:

Surely just block him on Facebook then he can't report anything because he'll never get to see it to click on it and report it?

He is blocked, has been for years.  But how many feet does he have for all those socks?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, CyranoJ said:

He is blocked, has been for years.  But how many feet does he have for all those socks?

Jesus wept, so he's got backup Facebook accounts as well now?

"i'm not the one with the problem"...... well, if you need backup accounts to view what people are saying about you, you pretty much are the problem!

At least on Youtube it tells you who has made a copyright claim, shame Facebook doesn't.

• Like 5

i have a friend who had pretty much the same post reported this morning, too, and does not have him on their friends list so, basically, there are yet more wool based troublemaker accounts to be unearthed. 

as echoed above, why can he just not leave it alone now ? is it possible to further ruin what is already ruined ? answers soon as things continue to get worse and worse for him ? 

i think a great many people have seen this post. it is not going to go away, from what i can tell. any attempts to attack or defame those simply speaking the truth, at this point, just look worse and worse for the person involved. it is the dictionary definition of self defeating madness. 

another video from a (sadly) anonymous account has gone up about him this morning, too, focusing mostly on jaguar related shenanigans and was made, presumably, by someone in the USA from the sounds of it. 

i can also confirm the rumours of him whining to people's workplaces over the last few days are true, too. A lot of people are very angry about this and suffice to say he would be extremely unwise to attend any community events now or for the rest of his life. 

absolutely and utterly pathetic yet, and let's not kid ourselves here, completely expected when one looks at his track record. 

• Like 6

Kieren: READ THIS.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect

Absorb what it says.  Don't for a single second think anything you try to do to anyone at this point is going to stay out of the public view.

Meanwhile, posted within the last two hours....

unknown.png

Nothing to see here. Business as usual. Look at me! I know all about AVP2!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CyranoJ said:

Kieren: READ THIS.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect

Absorb what it says.  Don't for a single second think anything you try to do to anyone at this point is going to stay out of the public view.

Meanwhile, posted within the last two hours....

unknown.png

Nothing to see here. Business as usual. Look at me! I know all about AVP2!

Not that it matters as it's completely and utterly irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, but that extremely creased and worn page from Gamesmaster magazine,  is the one i lent to Kieren all those years ago on RVG forum.

It's poor condition effectively watermarked it as mine :-)) 

The real story behind why Freelancer 2120 was canned has been explained in private by certain credible Ex-Imagitec Design sources.

As long as people are aware the screenshots used by Gameamaster were taken from the PC CD version, not Jaguar version,that's all i care about.

If people are using those screens as a basis of what the Jaguar was really capable of, they deserve to know the truth.

It was covered here:

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/224556-jaguar-cd-review-ultimate-future-games-march-1995-issue-4/

As for AVP II again, what is there left to explain?

Beyond Games were in negotiations with Atari to do it,when Atari pulled the plug on the Jaguar,  Beyond had drawn up some storyboards for it,that was it.

Rebellion over stretched with existing projects, didn't bid for AVP II, Beyond did, Alexandria games who were behind the sub-standard conversion of Return Fire to the Jaguar CD (never finished)  also put in a bid.

Martin Hooley doesn't like to be honest when it comes to explaining deaths of Freelancer or Space Junk.

He told one version of events at the time to Ultimate Future Games and then another years later to RG magazine,  neither of which involved the games producer he assigned. 

If JSIII really want to go off PC screens as proof of what Jaguar was truly capable of, more here:

https://www.abandonware-france.org/ltf_abandon/ltf_jeu.php?id=1487

Edited by Lost Dragon

Contacting people's workplaces is a bit of a rum do. It's very high stakes gambling, the complaint have to be 100% watertight against its target (ie. directly related to their work, not baseless accusations). Saw it happen a while ago with a vicious ex-husband who filed in a complaint against a colleague. In this GDPR age, well, she obtained the phone call recording from HR (they HAVE to supply it on request) and used it to not just get a caution issued by the police, it was the sole basis to successfully file a restraining order.

If Mr Kizza thinks it's a way of getting round the Malicious Communications Act 1988, (as one of my aforementioned trolls did some time ago) he'd be very much mistaken, as it covers communication about you, sent to your workplace - specifically section 1 (1): "...cause distress or anxiety to the recipient or to any other person to whom he intends that it or its contents or nature should be communicated". Also, in the UK, employers of all sizes have to adhere to the HSE's Duty Of Care principles, which covers harassment, either internal or external.

• Like 5

This really clears things up for me. You know, I'm not the kinda guy who likes to badmouth people, and as said in the videos, I at least try to bring something creative and positive to this wonderful community, in my case the creation of www.atarilegend.com and since last year, a youtube channel. 

And after reading all this, I want to share my (luckily) very short experience with this gentleman. 

It first started when I posted this interview last year : https://www.atarilegend.com/interviews/interviews_detail.php?selected_interview_id=44

I've always been a fan of this man ever since he released Atari ST Gamer magazine and the wonderfull Ataricrypt magazine to the ST community, and since I just got his new Atari 8 Bit book, I thought it was time to interview the man. 

Right after I posted the interview, I got a PM in the AtariLegend inbox by KH in which he said he was "extremely upset and concerned" about the interview. I had to remove at least part of the interview, according to him. He said the interview would put my precious website in bad light. For me, that was one bridge to far so I went in full ignore mode. Which was, after reading all the posts in this thread, the best I could do. 

A few minutes later I also got some negative reactions on Twitter, telling the people he could not understand why AL would take part in this (nowhere in the interview was it even suggested it had anything to do with him so I found his behavior really really strange). After that, AL was removed from all his Twitter communications. Weird... 

Needless to say, I was a bit in awe, I had enjoyed some of his YT videos and was always positive towards him ... 

A month later, after reading the fantastic Atari : a Visual History, I decided to make my very first book review video. 

I thought I made a pretty cool video. But just when it was released, I got negative and just downright weird feedback from one Forza77, completely dragging the author of this book through the dirt as well as Chris Wilkins. Ofcourse now, all these remarks have been removed apparantly (which I think is good), only the thumbs down have stayed :-D

The only thing left from KH is this remark when I announced the vid on the AL FB page :

image.thumb.png.0c1890004710726e6b3f95ef341e30f6.png

Always fun to read after spending many hours on creating a video (even if it turns out to be a bit of a controversial one). I have nothing against constructive criticism but this ... bah...

But now I understand everything that I've experienced in the last 2 or 3 months, and it is very clear to me. Over the years, I was warned a bit about his 'odd' behavior, but I'm the kinda guy who gives everybody a chance. I will avoid this person like the plague. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I wanted everyone to know that all links to AtariAge from Facebook are currently blocked. This means that thousands of posts and comments made by various people containing links to AtariAge on Facebook are now hidden. This appears to have happened because someone (presumably Kieren) has been reporting posts with links to this thread. And as mentioned ealrier, Kieren has also tried to get this thread removed from AtariAge, which is when I got dragged into this mess. This thread on AtariAge is only one of several locations where Kieren's behavior is being shared by a large number of members in the classic gaming community.

If you have a Facebook account, please help remove the ban on AtariAge by going to the following link, clicking the "let us know" link in the error message that pops up. On the next page, you can then describe why links to AtariAge should not be blocked. I have other avenues I am pursuing as well, but this seems like the most direct way to try and report this issue:

https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/?q=atariage.com

Another option is to click on the question mark option at the top of the page when viewing Facebook (on a desktop browser, not sure how it looks in the FB app), then click "Report a Problem", then "Something isn't Working", then you can select "Other" for "What is the problem?" and describe that you are not able to post links to AtariAge.com, that this block appears to be in error, and whatever you'd like to say about why AtariAge should not be blocked.

Thank you for your help!

..Al

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2