IGNORED

The review of A-Z of Atari ST Games Volume 3 book RetroLaird is trying to delete!

5 hours ago, Albert said:

The block of AtariAge.com on Facebook has been removed!  A huge thanks to everyone who took the time to send in a report to Facebook, that's much appreciated!  :D

Now if they'd only punish accounts that abuse the reporting process in this fashion..

..Al

Did you get a message from Facebook confirming that?

Today I get told that KH has RVG content on his Patreon site in the form of an RVG Mini mag we made years ago, this is ours, my logos, designed by Greyfox and with RVG content, maybe some of his reviews but that does not give you the right to give that away on your site and claim ownership, then I get told your linkedin profile has www.retrovideogamer.co.uk as your personal site, its is not yours now, was not yours back then and never will be mate. Grow up, delete all connections to me and my assets please, when I set up www.homebrewheroes.co.uk you messaged me with an email telling me how disappointed you was that I did that, so what did I do, I deleted the site and started Homebrewlegends, at your request, you asked me to removed your reviews from RVG, what did I do? I removed them, i conformed to your requests, yet you still use my assets as they are yours. PLEASE remove any association to me PLEASE.

I have requested these things be striked by Patreon and Linkedin also.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Albert said:

The block of AtariAge.com on Facebook has been removed!  A huge thanks to everyone who took the time to send in a report to Facebook, that's much appreciated!  :D

Now if they'd only punish accounts that abuse the reporting process in this fashion..

..Al

If only! At least you’re back though. ?

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Welshworrier said:

I don't believe Kieren could have so many sock puppet accounts, what with being such a prolific author...

Oh wait.... 

Screenshot_20200218-204050__01.jpg

Shouldn't that be FOUR?

The Caspain Software Vs Telegames and Atari UK, ahem script with Matthew Gosling gobbling off, was word for word from the now defunct Justclaws interview with Gosling.

If a real script were written by Kieren, he'd of sought out others from Caspain and got Darryl Still 's viewpoint to offer balanced view points.

He didn't and thus had his pants pulled down as a result. 

• Like 1

Please take this with a massive dose of salt, A little birdy tells me that JS3 is in a bit of a panic at the moment, looking towards the imminent departure of its founder.

This has included taking copyrighted source videos and hosting them locally as FB files.  "Leadership" are also assuming that the current roster of, non-banned due to being spies, people will stay. Given that a lot of people were added to the group during the KGRAMR stewardship and don't even realise they are members, I'd say this might be misguided.

As even KGRAMR has been banned from there - he is a well known personality on the scene, without actually having one, then I would expect a rapid exodus.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Welshworrier said:

Please take this with a massive dose of salt, A little birdy tells me that JS3 is in a bit of a panic at the moment, looking towards the imminent departure of its founder.

This has included taking copyrighted source videos and hosting them locally as FB files.  "Leadership" are also assuming that the current roster of, non-banned due to being spies, people will stay. Given that a lot of people were added to the group during the KGRAMR stewardship and don't even realise they are members, I'd say this might be misguided.

As even KGRAMR has been banned from there - he is a well known personality on the scene, without actually having one, then I would expect a rapid exodus.

Roberth did an awful lot of damage to a good few people  acting in the name of Kieren.

Some horrendous comments on YR and misc forums, creating pointless warning threads, telling folks Clint Thompson had Pear and Conan Roms to give away and spreading general misinformation about lost Jaguar etc titles.

However he did manage to get information from Jaguar:Toki, Gotcha coders and a few others as well,  which was more than Kieren had managed, let alone myself for all my stumbling around.

It's just a crying shame he chose not to embrace the chances given to him by the community when he first appeared on the scene.

Many of us on here alone welcomed him and were grateful for someone else willing to put time into updating lost Jaguar game archives. 

Had we of known the path he would go onto tread, we would of acted very differently,  but that's the case here with Kieren is it not?.

1 hour ago, Welshworrier said:

Forums, let alone FB groups come and go.

Grumpy Old Gamers and Weekend Gamer were killed off by internal conflicts.

Retrocanteen ownership was passed on rather than address the issues brought on by Kieren.

Drama has always gone hand in hand with forums and groups.

Assembler forum another that was hit recently. 

But this targeted campaign that's effected so many now, social media channels simply awash with people coming forward with their personal experiences (and still a few voices saying there's no evidence |-O)... that has honestly exposed a far darker, dangerous and far reaching side of the community than someone was wrong on the Internet. 

This has seen people's livelihoods targeted, personalities slandered and some disgusting claims made.

The description of a spider sat in the middle of a web keeps coming up and does seem very apt.

On 1/20/2020 at 6:21 PM, RetroLiar said:

RetroLaird reviewing his own book (11:32) on DailyMotion.
Updated and more detailed book review (15:09) on DailyMotion.

If you wish to download these videos:

WeTransfer download link that will work for one week (from 01/02/2020) of 3 videos:

1. The original video of Kieren reviewing his own book (78Mb)
2. The updated, much more detailed video review (110Mb)
3. The updated version with an intro stating RetroLaird is abusing the DMCA takedown process (60Mb)

What do you mean by, reviewing his own book? It DOES sound like him, but surely he hasn't done his own legs?

Original video was audio from one of his reviews, overlaid on one of his electron killer e-books. The book being used to show all the complaints he had bemoaned in his review. You can see that in the dailymotion link.

this thread has taken a life of its own unfortunately and it’s gotten to the stage it needs an index or it’s own faq ?

• Like 2

I was not aware that all this sh*t has been going on, I normally don't visit this part of the forum ;-) I have watched some videos posted in this thread, including the book review by Gallahad and read a few pages.

Sorry, but I have to say that I have very mixed feelings about this topic. Please don't understand me wrong, I absolutely dissaprove the actions and behaviour of KH! Especially his actions against AtariAge!

But, I have a bit of experience with some of the UK "writers" or "publishers" and to be honest I dislike most of them... The Gallahad video makes a statement about the books of Chris Wilkins and that gave me a very biased feeling...... 

I supported some of the retro books of these "writers" and "publishers" and my opinion is that these guys are all making these books to make money. I think there is not much hobby and passion in these books. Plus these "writers" and "publishers" seem to hate each other for many years. I am not defending KH (absolutely not!) but my personal opinion is that they are all quite similar when it comes to behaviour. That is the sole reason why I stopped supporting any retro book made by these "writers" and "publishers".

I hope people can respect my opinion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fred_M said:

I was not aware that all this sh*t has been going on, I normally don't visit this part of the forum ;-) I have watched some videos posted in this thread, including the book review by Gallahad and read a few pages.

Sorry, but I have to say that I have very mixed feelings about this topic. Please don't understand me wrong, I absolutely dissaprove the actions and behaviour of KH! Especially his actions against AtariAge!

But, I have a bit of experience with some of the UK "writers" or "publishers" and to be honest I dislike most of them... The Gallahad video makes a statement about the books of Chris Wilkins and that gave me a very biased feeling...... 

I supported some of the retro books of these "writers" and "publishers" and my opinion is that these guys are all making these books to make money. I think there is not much hobby and passion in these books. Plus these "writers" and "publishers" seem to hate each other for many years. I am not defending KH (absolutely not!) but my personal opinion is that they are all quite similar when it comes to behaviour. That is the sole reason why I stopped supporting any retro book made by these "writers" and "publishers".

I hope people can respect my opinion.

I'm sure people will respect your opinion, but they might well pull you up on this statement of yours "but my personal opinion is that they are all quite similar when it comes to behaviour".

Sorry, but that's not even remotely true.  There is no requirement for Sam or Chris to get on, but at least with each other they are professional, i.e. not doing the shit that Kieren is doing.

Kierens behaviour is in a league of his own, and I don't see individual threads or videos on either Chris Wilkins or Sam Dyer, and that's for good reason...... they don't act like Kieren.

And just so we're clear, you can't put the words writers and publishers in " " marks as if there is any dispute about them being writers and publishers when quite obviously they are.

Now, if you wanted to describe Kieren as a "writer"....... then that makes perfect sense ;)

• Like 4

So this crap dropped.  Be aware, its 15 pages long, it could have been 1 sentence, saying "I'm off, bye then!", but no, the one time Kieren wants to get wordy is now, not for his A-Z books, but now!

Sigh: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qzdo5jjqtc43o4u/A Statement by Kieren Hawken.pdf?dl=0&fbclid=IwAR3dWavyASfUgx_vYe-8LNnrX7BLSjAmZzkQLBwcqDo62WyyI49iVZJjgDs

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Galahad said:

So this crap dropped.  Be aware, its 15 pages long, it could have been 1 sentence, saying "I'm off, bye then!", but no, the one time Kieren wants to get wordy is now, not for his A-Z books, but now!

Sigh: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qzdo5jjqtc43o4u/A Statement by Kieren Hawken.pdf?dl=0&fbclid=IwAR3dWavyASfUgx_vYe-8LNnrX7BLSjAmZzkQLBwcqDo62WyyI49iVZJjgDs

the guy has OFFICIALLY lost it.

18 minutes ago, Fred_M said:

That was the reason I wrote: "but my personal opinion is that they are all quite similar when it comes to behaviour"

So it is my opinion ;-) 

It's unfair, but you are 100% entitled to an opinion, unpopular or not. :)

There are so many errors in that whole thing.  If anyone reading it thinks "hmm well, I guess that sounds plausible" I can tell you as a person named in there and actually being at Play Expo, that what he says is 100% utter rubbish.  Yes I did pass him, no I didn't call him a "dickhead" I called him a "Wanker" as he walked past eyes firmly fixed forward, suddenly losing any need to use a cane.  Also interesting that as he turned into the aisle I was walking down he recognised me, had the look in his eyes that clearly read as "Oh shit!" and visibly altered his path to as far to the side of the aisle as possible, from probably 50ft away, very obviously :D

As for running out the door.. HA! I (and my fiancee and both kids) were on our way out for food and going out to get eats.  I recognised Felice, and as I got closer saw Kieren was stopped talking to him (looking a little shell shocked), I tapped Felice on the shoulder and said "Hi" as we walked past.. why didn't I stop and pull Kieren up on his bullshit lies? Well a couple of things, I don't drag my kids and family into things, I certainly don't shield my actions with them, and we were hungry, and frankly Kieren, you're not worth the wasted breath.

As for sending a Friend request, where did I say that was on twitter you idiot? You argue like an idiot child, any person with half a brain knows exactly what I meant, and that you sent her a friend request on Facebook, I know you did, she knows you did, and you know you did; of course you are also a lying sack of crap so will deny that completely. Also as has been documented on this thread your pettiness knows no bounds and you are not above trying to ruin peoples lives out of jealousy and spite.

Also, start of page 14, you seem to be having some sort of mind quake there, ranting mindless gibberish.. oh well never mind.

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, Galahad said:

Hmmmm, having not read it yet but going on historical behavior I take a guess this will be 15 pages of LIES, DEFLECTION, DAMAGE CONTROL, NOT EXCEPTING ANY OF THE RESPONSIBILITY and PLAYING VICTIM? ??

I might slowly go through it when I've nothing better to do (still got to see all the recently updated AA threads first! Priorities!) but I suspect my guess on the content will be pretty close. But yeah, 15 pages? WTF? 

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
fix
  • Like 4

In 2014 I was invited to Revival 2014 by Chris Wilkins.  He was a massive help with my early films, invited me to come along, and I agreed to meet Mark R. Jones and Simon Butler for an interview. 

As events transpired,  I filmed the Romero Q&A and then later interviewed John in a private room.  Afterwards, I gave Chris Wilkins permission to use and upload the footage ... After all, without Chris I would not have it!

Therefore, Chris Wilkins had my permission to use this film footage of John Romero, filmed at Revival 2014.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, LinkoVitch said:

As for running out the door.. HA! I (and my fiancee and both kids) were on our way out for food and going out to get eats.  I recognised Felice, and as I got closer saw Kieren was stopped talking to him (looking a little shell shocked), I tapped Felice on the shoulder and said "Hi" as we walked past.. why didn't I stop and pull Kieren up on his bullshit lies? Well a couple of things, I don't drag my kids and family into things, I certainly don't shield my actions with them, and we were hungry, and frankly Kieren, you're not worth the wasted breath.

Yes, I remember you telling me that at the same event (Play Manchester - GMEX) and you left before I did around 4pm/5pm.

[edit]:
I also recall we were talking to Tim from the Indie dev group after you told me that.

I just checked with my OH and she confirmed (my memory is a little hazy at times but I do remember the above).

So the below is fucking bollocks

kieron-bollocks.PNG

Edited by namco
Further details about the event
  • Like 3

15 pages of "I have the evidence to prove my innocence" and not a single bit of any is included.  Hmmmm.

To sum it up:

Your Honour, 

I'm my defense of being an utter shitbag for 15 years I have all this proof I ain't wot done those things (but I won't show you, please believe me!)

Oh, and all these other people did all these unrelated things I also cannot prove.

I rest my case.

• Like 8