IGNORED

The review of A-Z of Atari ST Games Volume 3 book RetroLaird is trying to delete!

4 hours ago, Octav1us said:

Sorry to poke this - but the most bizzare lie here is that I sent screenshots of Kierens Facebook to George Cropper. I'm aware Mr Cropper is on this thread, perhaps he can clarify where this came from?

I'm not on Facebook often, and myself and Mr Cropper are not friends on there. In addition, and I don't want to sound disrespectful Kieren, I have zero interest in going around screencapping your feed. You're really not that interesting mate...

I joke, but seriously if George told you he got screengrabs from me, I would ask for proof. Because it's not true, and you're being done. 

i can clarify where it came from, yes. it came from kieren's demented factory of fibs. 

i did message your "octavius" facebook page about this last night but apparently you don't run this so maybe you have not seen the message. as i have said to others yesterday, we have NEVER actually spoken. the only time there has been any communication between us was a day or so back when Chris wilkins passed a message between us as an intermediary as you did not want to talk.

i have absolutely zero clue where he's pulling this fantastical bullshit from. literally no clue whatsoever. he asserts i told him but i have not spoken to kieren in a very long time and up until unblocking him recently for a moment to ask him what the hell he is playing at i have had him blocked on facebook (he called me a vile human being at this point, his standard retort to anyone telling the truth, then he himself blocked me)

i havent posted anything on facebook relating to yourself save for way back when i posted the horacegate video, and i certainly neither have nor have shared any "private" communications between ourselves as, and you know this yourself, there have never been any. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Octav1us said:

Sorry to poke this - but the most bizzare lie here is that I sent screenshots of Kierens Facebook to George Cropper. I'm aware Mr Cropper is on this thread, perhaps he can clarify where this came from?

I'm not on Facebook often, and myself and Mr Cropper are not friends on there. In addition, and I don't want to sound disrespectful Kieren, I have zero interest in going around screencapping your feed. You're really not that interesting mate...

I joke, but seriously if George told you he got screengrabs from me, I would ask for proof. Because it's not true, and you're being done. 

Kizza makes these random connections in his head and then asserts them as pure fact. I know in the past he has doctored grabs and all kinds. Do not let it get you. If one thing should give you a modicum of peace over this 

matter, it should be this: You are not alone, Octav1us.

Look at all these people. Everyone has been on the sharp end of his bullshit. Aside from me as

although I have met him at events and had him on FB (before I decided it wasn't good for me), I have never

'worked' with him, or had interactions of a creative kind. To think he can't play with others without resorting to the most

spiteful F'd up behaviour just sums him up.

Your videos are cool. Please keep doing stuff you love.

@RetroPrincess I don't know either of you, but I wanted to say thank you, thank you, for being there for your friend. When you are being treated badly by someone having the support and backing of a good friend means a great deal. Hopefully very soon you will both be left alone to be the creative people you are again, without all the bullshit!

To reiterate what I posted elsewhere... he addresses none of the accusations and deflects to straw man argue back that person X is just as bad as he's been labelled, and only refers to the sock puppet part with denial (we know you have them, they vanished at the same time when your YT channel was nuked!). Love the unsubtle threads to AA to get them shut down  because ignored the takedown request, unlicensed ROMs being hosted and reproductions sold, while claiming that everything he sells is legit. Guess what, unreleased proto repros that you sell are technically not legit either, you dumbass. They just tend to fly under the radar of whoever holds the rights. And being on the autistic spectrum and disabled, while indeed two protected anti discrimination aspects, does not give you the right to be a dick, and does not protect you from criticism for being a dick. I'm on the spectrum too, and while I'm sure I've upset a few people over the years, doesn't come anywhere near close to the riling the community feels against you Kieran.

• Like 7

His FB page for Laird’s Lair is still active and hosting the post.

And borrowed from FB heh...

30 minutes ago, Funkyspectrum said:

mayhem is your sig a reference to all this ? ? 

Heh, prophetic maybe, but no, it’s a quote from the original Bard’s Tale RPG of the 80s...

E9AA2C7F-73DC-4C1D-A817-C2AF516BFF14.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Just for clarity, Amazon.co.uk customer reviews policy :

To write a Customer Review, you must have spent at least £40 on Amazon.co.uk. Prime subscriptions and promotional discounts don't qualify towards the £40 minimum. After you meet this requirement, you'll be able to review any product on Amazon.co.uk regardless of where you purchased that product.

Lot of effort wasted and spittle no doubt flecked onto the screen and keyboard as you hammered away pointing out my reviews were not verified purchase. 

They never needed to be.

As was pulling apart my grammar and punctuation. 

I know it's terrible, never made any secret of that fact. 

Openly joke about how much work it's caused others to clean it up and make interviews gifted to them, readable for their sites etc.

You however kieren, charge people for your efforts, you kieren, claim to be this huge Writer, though i keep seeing WANKER everytime I see you make the statement. 

And i will say it again:

Look at your RG magazine articles which had an editorial team spend hours correcting your mistakes and then look at your A to Z guides which you proof read yourself. 

Night and day. 

Let your own work and the community judge you.

If you were going to focus on my reviews of your books, where is the proof i was wrong to state you had got so,so much wrong about your expert claims?

Also, regarding use of same pages..

Kieren, i hit the review text limit for reviews, just correcting the mistakes found in the sample pages, i dread to think what i missed in pages i didn't get to view.

Around 75%+ of the pages i looked at had at least one mistake in them.

Edited by Lost Dragon

Let's ALL just get straight to it and be done here.

This 15 page manifesto is just Kierens latest attempt at manipulating the community. 

He was caught out good and proper, forced to close his YT account,  pushes out 15 pages of utter shite,complete with list of names he'd like to thank for their support. 

He will return to social media saying how he was encouraged and motivated by the outpouring of support from the real people in the community who begged for his return and this is for them, they brought him back from the brink etc.

This has just been a massive unexpected setback for him,  buttons will be used as the latest in his ongoing victim status crap, to fool others still.

I'm calling it.

For anyone saying Kieren is finished now, we wish.

The thing is he knows a lot of us have grown so weary warning people of him over the years and now this has blown up and everything is out in the open,  WE will move on and spend time at our jobs, with friends and families etc.

This is his life,it's not a hobby or pastime,  it's all he has to cling to.

As soon as i read the supporters names section in his statement,  knew he would use those as a foundation to build his return.

That and those talking of forgiveness for him.

As soon as he knew he could be forgiven, he knew he could return. 

Edited by Lost Dragon
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, neo_rg said:

I do feel sorry for the people who he's named in his 15 page diatribe as being supporters and helpers. If you really want to help him tell him to get some mental health help.

It was just classic Kieren. 

Throw in a stack of names to make it look like the real people are behind me...

Throw in a stack more designed purely to try and divide and conquer a now united community.. 

Kieren thanked you..you can't be trusted. 

He's been using the same claims (ringleaders, not in the game for fame and fortune,  he's being stalked, we are nut jobs, tearing into my grammar and punctuation, sock puppet accounts, denail,  manipulation, playing the victim, deletion of material and accounts etc) for as long as i have been aware of him.

Now he's just wiped his ass with the community over 15 pages.

1 hour ago, Lost Dragon said:

Look at your RG magazine articles which had an editorial team spend hours correcting your mistakes and then look at your A to Z guides which you proof read yourself.

I recall Darran Jones a long time ago commenting to me along the lines that the only editing needed done on my articles was if the layout couldn't accommodate all the text. My philosophy is, if you're going to promote a professional product in some capacity and get paid for it, make sure it's at least spelling and grammar checked properly and reads in a fluid manner. It may also explain why I've probably spent as much time in the last five years proofreading other material as writing it myself (and not all videogame related, published fiction books on Amazon/Kindle etc too).

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mayhem said:

I recall Darran Jones a long time ago commenting to me along the lines that the only editing needed done on my articles was if the layout couldn't accommodate all the text. My philosophy is, if you're going to promote a professional product in some capacity and get paid for it, make sure it's at least spelling and grammar checked properly and reads in a fluid manner. It may also explain why I've probably spent as much time in the last five years proofreading other material as writing it myself (and not all videogame related, published fiction books on Amazon/Kindle etc too).

I do copywriting and editing for a living, and often I'm having to proofread and edit articles, all of which are written in English by non-native speakers. Although some mistakes can certainly slip through unnoticed even after several pairs of eyes have passed over the text, bad grammar almost always sticks out like a sore thumb. Having such poor grammar in a published work is simply inexcusable.

• Like 5

Kieren would of been far better off coming out with a phased response than that 15 pages of waffle.

Obviously he was never going to apologise but he could of turned the situation around to a more promising position for himself by:

Starting small and presenting clear and conclusive proof the accusations laid at him by the minows as it were, likes of myself, small time book publishers and YT channels etc were totally false.

Provide contracts for magazines he had worked on highlighting agreed payment and ownership of work terms.

Email or FB exchanges showing his expert claims were correct and inact it was us who had the wrong information. 

Messages from Amazon saying my reviews had been pulled as they were in direct violation of terms and conditions. 

Statements from Devon And Cornwall Police saying we take claims of the impersonation of a police officer very seriously and will be investigating further, instead here, Kieren contacts an entirely different constabulary because he's an utter knob :-)) 

You can't just say I spoke to THEM when you reference Devon and Cornwall Police,  you need to state the rank of officer you spoke with and which area you spoke with..

North Devon? North Cornwall,  Devon and Cornwall Police have a huge catchment area and again YOUR statement damns YOU Kieren.

If he had done this and built a degree of confidence, then moved onto doing the same for claims put to him by Atari Age, CyranoJ, Chris Wilkins,  Octav1us Kitten etc, he might of been going somewhere. 

Unfortunately for Kieren, you can't just fabricate proof at a drop of a hat.

Couldn't fabricate proof for 3 YT video copyright strikes, even given a 7 day deadline, so kills channel.

Couldn't counter a single accusation laid at him by any of us named in the 15 page Axis Of Evil statement, so we get 15 pages of utter,utter drivel and anyone who was on the fence prior, now has ample evidence Kieren really is an utter,utter c##t and it's the only thing he's good at.

15 pages to highlight i have nothing but my own ignorance with which to defend myself.

You'd honestly of been better rolling the hard 6 Kieren, giving a 1 page apology and praying enough bleeding hearts forgave you in due time.

Edited by Lost Dragon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, neo_rg said:

I do feel sorry for the people who he's named in his 15 page diatribe as being supporters and helpers. If you really want to help him tell him to get some mental health help.

I've been friends with him for close to 10 years and ended up getting named as part of this document. Thing is I'm not a big part of the scene in anyway anymore, I had dealings with Chris W in the past but it was around 2012... that's 8 years ago! We parted ways with problems sure which I was pretty cross about but nothing on the level of being included in this statement and I'm truly scratching my head as to why I've been mentioned at all. 

Noticed I was listed by name part way through but he's seemingly deleted me as a friend over on Facebook, without so much as a word a couple of days ago. No rows between us and nothing that I know of to be dropped in this so I'm a bit annoyed that people might be trying to contact me off the back of it. I don't publish anything and just hang around forums for the most part these days, yet here I am seeing all this stuff in a sort of strange awe with my real name plonked right in the middle.

I will say again I have no financial incentive about any of this this, no plans for books or anything in the works. I'm about as much a nobody as you can get online today. But 8 years ago when I did a small retro magazine there was a mini sort of Atari history article. This had several pages written by Laird. He was paid to do this and when I received the work I'd seen rumours online about past problems so to be safe I did a quick check of the paragraphs submitted. First thing I noticed was it's opening paragraph had mostly been lifted straight from Atari's Wikipedia page word for word, checking on it I'd found several more paragraphs just like it with a few sentences wrapped around to make it look new. I ended up rewriting sections that weren't taken from Wiki as we were getting really close to print. Was annoyed at the time and just brushed it off as this was a quarterly mag, I needed to get other stuff sorted. Glad I checked at the time but it's always stuck at the back of my mind.

Reading through the statement I'm surprised it's even been done under his own name. This stuff is very legally liable and could be taken to court as is.

Edited by Lorfarius
  • Like 6

42 minutes ago, Lost Dragon said:

Statements from Devon And Cornwall Police saying we take claims of the impersonation of a police officer very seriously and will be investigating further, instead here, Kieren contacts an entirely different constabulary because he's an utter knob :-))

If you mean Bedfordshire, I'm presuming because that's where Luton is located...

27 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

Noticed I was listed by name part way through but he's seemingly deleted me as a friend over on Facebook, without so much as a word a couple of days ago. No rows between us and nothing that I know of to be dropped in this so I'm a bit annoyed that people might be trying to contact me off the back of it. I don't publish anything and just hang around forums for the most part these days, yet here I am seeing all this stuff in a sort of strange awe with my real name plonked right in the middle.

Don't take it personally, he deleted scores of people off FB once the enormity of the initial AA thread posting became apparent. Done because apparently he was told by the police to do it...!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Galahad said:

Its as if somr of you are very adept at how easily Kierens mind works.

FB_IMG_1582302363891.jpg

Well, if you ever needed proof that Mr. Hawken is a liar, here it is.  Makes you wonder if he even bothered to read the overwhelmingly negative replies:

twitter.RetroLaird.2020-02-21_11-16-17.j

• Like 4
  • Haha 1