IGNORED

The review of A-Z of Atari ST Games Volume 3 book RetroLaird is trying to delete!

On 2/24/2020 at 8:12 AM, Welshworrier said:

Screenshot_20200217-133045.jpg

Just to clarify, "Downfall+" has never been released for free.  However, saying that, the screenshot is from "Downfall" and not "Downfall+" so he's still a sloppy, clueless gobshite.

So he's actually reviewed Downfall, titled it Downfall+ and falsely claimed its for sale when it is in fact a free download.  This is also the game featured in the Top 31 Homebrew article that he destroyed the comments on, so obviously no bias here.

Kieren often claims that we "stole" the idea from Alex Herbert and never credit him.... however he is mentioned as the inspiration in the scroll text on the title screen!

[Edited after Austin liked it]

• Like 7

When even your previously biggest sycophant, of mods should die in a fire, xxx is a paedophile and alternative facts creator on Wikipedia fame, is saying don't trust you, your upside down pyramid of support is collapsing.

Ladies, gentlemen and however you wish to refer to yourself, KGRAMR, currently banned from this parish says:

Screenshot_20200225-100128__01.jpg

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Welshworrier said:

When even your previously biggest sycophant, of mods should die in a fire, xxx is a paedophile and alternative facts creator on Wikipedia fame, is saying don't trust you, your upside down pyramid of support is collapsing.

Ladies, gentlemen and however you wish to refer to yourself, KGRAMR, currently banned from this parish says:

Screenshot_20200225-100128__01.jpg

Roberth also via the unknown user account, white Knighted Kieren for his terrible article HERE:

http://www.atarijaguar.co.uk/2014/11/guest-article-why-did-jaguar-fail.html?m=1

Created a warning thread (which backfired on him and Kieren, very badly) on Retrocanteen forum about myself for exposing Kieren's expert Atari claims as utter fabrications.

Caused merry havoc on likes of Unseen64 with Luca having to delete numerous posts, Assembler forum,  where Clint Thompson had to join to point out he did not have Phear or Conan Roms to give away and Roberth tried to present himself as the number one source of Lost Jaguar Games information. 

It didn't end well for Roberth, as he was banned from Retrocanteen and Assembler Forum. 

So another voice joins the choir of voices who gave Kieren support (and in the case of Roberth, did the dirty work for Kieren, so Kieren could be seen as keeping his hands clean) saying Kieren rewarded them by stabbing them in the back.

7 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

Just to clarify, "Downfall+" has never been released for free.  However, saying that, the screenshot is from "Downfall" and not "Downfall+" so he's still a sloppy, clueless gobshite.

So he's actually reviewed Downfall, titled it Downfall+ and falsely claimed its for sale when it is in fact a free download.  This is also the game featured in the Top 31 Homebrew article that he destroyed the comments on, so obviously no bias here.

Kieren often claims that we "stole" the idea from Alex Herbert and never credit him.... however he is mentioned as the inspiration in the scroll text on the title screen!

[Edited after Austin liked it]

I've just submitted a complaint to Amazon.co.uk about his Jaguar A to Z volume 2 for misleading information about Downfall + and claiming it's a paid for title.

Curiously,  i went to report Volume 2 of his C64 A to Z Guide for it's review of Ocean/Imagine version of Victory Road (which is misleading as game doesn't exist) and it's no longer on sale on Amazon.co.uk. 

We are getting somewhere it seems.

Might be time to revisit his guides and see what else can be reported for misleading information. 

Edited by Lost Dragon

Welshworrier has highlighted some of the schoolboy errors in the A to Z Guides by Kieren,  here's another:

Taken from his Lynx A to Z Guide, Volume 1, review of AVP:

"The first thing you will notice is that in this version the marine is a woman!.Clearly  taking inspiration from the classic Alien films that starred Sigourney Weaver" 

No Kieren,  the first thing i notice is your clueless. 

AVP is based on the Dark Horse Comics, which feature countless female marines, including the sister of Vasquez from Aliens. 

As for the Aliens film, did you not notice:

Private Vasquez 

Corporal Dietrich (medic)

Corporal Ferro (Dropship pilot)

The reviews being left about your guides are not people who have different views feeling they should be heard over you, it's that you literally have no idea what your talking about, no matter the game or platform and your charging people good money to read absolute drivel that has had no fact checking or professional proof reading done on it.

I have also submitted further complaints over misleading information for the Jaguar A to Z Volume 2 guide.

The introduction text states 3 games featured per letter..there are NO GAMES featured for Q or Y.

You blatantly review your "own" homebrew production and give it a 10 score..

Sooner it's pulled, the better.

Will flag up the Amiga Agony art theft claim by Kieren for his Amiga A to Z Volume 1 Guide as well.

Edited by Lost Dragon
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, Crusty Starfish said:

Quality! This is a thoroughly enjoyable way to spend between shifts :D

And it's QUALITY that's at the heart of the issue here.

These A to Z guides are cheap, but anything but cheerful.

But you start reviewing games that never existed, claim likes of Roger Dean were involved in art theft or use a review to self promote or slander, you deserve everything Amazon etc throw at you.

The sheer arrogance of Kieren to think Amazon.co.uk is his playground to manipulate reviews as he pleases..:@ 

We ARE better than Kieren.

Follow proper procedures and report him to YT for violation,  flag up sock puppet accounts on Twitter,  report his nonsense to Amazon etc etc.

Let him be brought down by his own behaviour. 

Edited by Lost Dragon

2 hours ago, Lost Dragon said:

And it's QUALITY that's at the heart of the issue here.

These A to Z guides are cheap, but anything but cheerful.

But you start reviewing games that never existed, claim likes of Roger Dean were involved in art theft or use a review to self promote or slander, you deserve everything Amazon etc throw at you.

The sheer arrogance of Kieren to think Amazon.co.uk is his playground to manipulate reviews as he pleases..:@ 

We ARE better than Kieren.

Follow proper procedures and report him to YT for violation,  flag up sock puppet accounts on Twitter,  report his nonsense to Amazon etc etc.

Let him be brought down by his own behaviour. 

And also

Dont buy his books

Dont watch his youtube channel 

Dont respond if he gets in touch, dont get roped in to his mind games

And if you are putting stuff on youtube then watermark your footage

And last of all, no matter what he says, keep shouting the truth

There is no where to hide now 

• Like 2

Hello.

I dug out my Spectrum and joined the Spectrum Retro Community back in about 2006/07 via World of Spectrum. I met Joffa on there. For me, the scene is about enjoyment and is a place of positivity.

I met Kieren Hawken seven months ago at Retcon, Greenford, along with Steven Fletcher, David J. Pleasance and a raft of other retro community members. The group of us had a drink afterwards.

Over the next seven months I had occasional chats with KH. He reviewed my films on his Laird’s Lair YouTube channel.

When this situation kicked off on the Atariage.com forum, KH messaged me. He was upset. After reading all the posts at that point I offered Kieren some advice from one human being to another: I suggested he offer a sincere apology to the community, retire from the community for a while and switch off his phone. Kieren declined my advice, and said he would put out a statement instead. Fine – that was his choice.

After the statement was published, and after reading his statement, I was named in a thank you at the end. I did not see the statement prior to publication, and had no knowledge my name would be included. I do not know most of the people named therein, and had no idea most of these events, this – feud? - even existed prior to reading the Atariage forum.

For me, the Retro Community is a place of positivity – it is a place that links me with happy memories from childhood. That’s why I make nostalgic films. I have extremely limited knowledge of this uncomfortable and negative situation and cannot comment further.

Thanks. Andy Remic.

Edited by Andy Remic
  • Like 3

A full and detailed report, along with a 1 star review giving a clear warning over the publications racist content, has been submitted to Amazon.co.uk by myself over 1 of Kierens publications.

I'm sorry Kieren,but I find Savage Caricature imagery of the African Natives in publications released as yours was in 2019, utterly disgusting and deeply offensive. 

You wrote this book and YOU choose the imagery, you own the responsibility for it.

Both you and your publisher should be bloody ashamed of yourselves. 

Pull yourselves out of the dark ages, apologise for the imagery and withdraw the publication until you amend the imagery in question. 

Your an utter disgrace to the writing and Retro Community. 

Your Vampire Bummers imagery put you in a poor enough light, but when your including such racist imagery in your paid for publications..

Hang your head Sir, hang it low.

46 minutes ago, Lost Dragon said:

A full and detailed report, along with a 1 star review giving a clear warning over the publications racist content, has been submitted to Amazon.co.uk by myself over 1 of Kierens publications.

I'm sorry Kieren,but I find Savage Caricature imagery of the African Natives in publications released as yours was in 2019, utterly disgusting and deeply offensive. 

You wrote this book and YOU choose the imagery, you own the responsibility for it.

Both you and your publisher should be bloody ashamed of yourselves. 

Pull yourselves out of the dark ages, apologise for the imagery and withdraw the publication until you amend the imagery in question. 

Your an utter disgrace to the writing and Retro Community. 

Your Vampire Bummers imagery put you in a poor enough light, but when your including such racist imagery in your paid for publications..

Hang your head Sir, hang it low.

Could you specify what book you are referring to please? 

So ....

Upon reading this thread, I am worried and appalled about the allegations which have been made about Kieren Hawken from trusted friends and other individuals within the retro gaming scene and the demoscene. Am not entirely sure which way to turn; though it is interesting that he has now unfriended me on Facebook, even though things between him and myself had actually not been that bad.

I invited him to come to the Sunrise demoparty back in 2011, an event for the UK demoscene which happened to be held at a hotel in central Luton, the city where he lives.

He paid for his own ticket at the party and also his own room at the hotel (not sure exactly how but there we go). I certainly did not have to pay anything for him or on his behalf.

I kept an eye on him whilst I was at the party and as far as I am aware he didn't cause any problem. I'm close to the organisers of that particular party (bearing in mind they are part of the senior organizing team at the Revision demoparty that's held at Easter in Saarbruecken, Germany) and never heard anything at all about any problems caused by him.

I would like to stress here that I am not and have never been a mouthpiece for Kieren either; although I noticed Linkovitch mentioned me a few pages back.

The only thing I have done in relation to this thread is to alert Jason Butwell to StarshipUK's potentially defamatory post, saying that Jason was an evil guy. Jason is not and has never been a problem personally or otherwise to me.

On the subject of Kieren though, on the other hand, I'm not so sure how to proceed ....

Edited by Felice_Atari
amendments
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Felice_Atari said:

I would like to stress here that I am not and have never been a mouthpiece for Kieren either; although I noticed Linkovitch mentioned me a few pages back.

Just to be clear, I never said you were a mouthpiece for him, I said you were talking to him as I left the event to get food.  As I passed I tapped you on the shoulder or waved (not 100% sure) and said hi to you as hadn't seen you for a number of years.

You can probably speak as to the accuracy of the following in Kieren's statement:

Or I suppose you could claim you called me a “dickhead” at an event and I shat myself when the truth is you literally bumped into me then pooed your own pants and ran out the door in front of a huge group of witnesses who asked what it was all about then laughed at you, never to be seen again all weekend.

as you were stood talking to him at the time I left the building for food.  You can probably recall how it was in fact just yourself and him talking and I walked past with my fiancee and kids, and there was in fact not a huge group of people, me bumping into Kieren, or any laughter/fleeing involved.

Historically Kieren has been quite amenable in person, obviously as a coward he isn't going to actually say anything to people face to face, online however is where he stirs his lies and nastiness.  I doubt anyone at a scene party would have had any issue, and a lot of it would probably be way above his head.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andy Remic said:

Hello.

I dug out my Spectrum and joined the Spectrum Retro Community back in about 2006/07 via World of Spectrum. I met Joffa on there. For me, the scene is about enjoyment and is a place of positivity.

Couldn't agree more, it's about keeping all these machines going and enjoying them, passing on our knowledge to others and getting them to enjoy it too. Having fun, finding a bargain, meeting our childhood heroes and reliving the days of making a cuppa whilst you game loaded in.

But sadly there is a minority who seem determined to spoil it.  I have encountered them many times going to events. And it's such a shame because it does put people off. 

And these people need to be pulled up and named and shamed. Their behaviour is not acceptable.

The retro community is full of wonderful people and there is no room for twatish behaviour, we are all here for the same thing after all aren't we

Whilst I'm on I'd just like to say I look forward to your next film I really enjoyed your memoirs of a spectrum addict, keep up the good work

• Like 1

1 hour ago, agradeneu said:

Could you specify what book you are referring to please? 

I don't want to promote outdated,  racist stereotype imagery, so no is the short answer. 

I just want people to be aware that this is how Kieren choose to exercise this creative freedom he bragged of having, freed from the shackles of RG magazine. 

As he himself made clear:His publications give him the freedom to write what he wants and choose the imagery he wants to accompany the text.

Out of all the screens he could of picked for a certain game, HE picked that one.

It's in Amazon.co.uk hands now and i hope they deal with it accordingly. 

It hasn't been stolen from any private forum, so he cannot fall back on that defence,  he put it in his own public, paid-for creation.

The man's logic just is unacceptable. 

Another blink and you'll miss it, comment was posted on the comments section for this video, this afternoon :

Someone claiming to be a friend of Kierens stepchild arrived, proclaiming the video Fake News and it was sad how people were treating his friends stepdad. 

I replied it was sadder still how Kieren has behaved and this was hardly ideal role model material for any parent to engage in and now the comment.( and with it my reply) has been deleted. 

As if the multitude of sock puppet accounts was not enough, we are now having to look out for this..

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, LinkoVitch said:

Just to be clear, I never said you were a mouthpiece for him, I said you were talking to him as I left the event to get food.  As I passed I tapped you on the shoulder or waved (not 100% sure) and said hi to you as hadn't seen you for a number of years.

Yep, that's true. You'd never said anything of the sort about me.  Yep, you tapped me on the shoulder and I did say hello, unfortunately there was no real conversation between us but I'm sure that'll change if you're all at Play Expo Manchester later in the year. I'll be exhibiting the Falcon there on the rare retro tables, as happened last year.

I got the impression though, that one or two members from Reboot were a little dubious of me in the past, due to the fact that I was friends with Kieren on FB.

38 minutes ago, LinkoVitch said:

You can probably speak as to the accuracy of the following in Kieren's statement:

as you were stood talking to him at the time I left the building for food.  You can probably recall how it was in fact just yourself and him talking and I walked past with my fiancee and kids, and there was in fact not a huge group of people, me bumping into Kieren, or any laughter/fleeing involved.

Historically Kieren has been quite amenable in person, obviously as a coward he isn't going to actually say anything to people face to face, online however is where he stirs his lies and nastiness.  I doubt anyone at a scene party would have had any issue, and a lot of it would probably be way above his head.

As far as I am aware you never bumped into Kieren or anyone there; people at the retro-gaming events to tend, I find, to ensure they don't do that. Unlike some people outside the scene, but there we go ...

Let's talk over a beer (or wine in my case) at Play Manchester if you're there this year :)

55 minutes ago, Felice_Atari said:

So ....

Upon reading this thread, I am worried and appalled about the allegations which have been made about Kieren Hawken from trusted friends and other individuals within the retro gaming scene and the demoscene. Am not entirely sure which way to turn; though it is interesting that he has now unfriended me on Facebook, even though things between him and myself had actually not been that bad.

I invited him to come to the Sunrise demoparty back in 2011, an event for the UK demoscene which happened to be held at a hotel in central Luton, the city where he lives.

He paid for his own ticket at the party and also his own room at the hotel (not sure exactly how but there we go). I certainly did not have to pay anything for him or on his behalf.

I kept an eye on him whilst I was at the party and as far as I am aware he didn't cause any problem. I'm close to the organisers of that particular party (bearing in mind they are part of the senior organizing team at the Revision demoparty that's held at Easter in Saarbruecken, Germany) and never heard anything at all about any problems caused by him.

The only thing I have done in relation to this thread is to alert Jason Butwell to StarshipUK's potentially defamatory post, saying that Jason was an evil guy. Jason is not and has never been a problem personally or otherwise to me.

On the subject of Kieren though, on the other hand, I'm not so sure how to proceed ....

It's not for any of us to tell you how to proceed regarding Kieren,  but common sense is always useful in situations like this.

If allegations are coming from trusted friends of yours, industry individuals like Anthony Rosbottom,  Colin Porch, Paul Rose etc, professionals like Chris Wilkins.. 

It's fair to say this isn't your normal FB/TWITTER/YT/Forum drama.

Any how many people on FB have you had unfriended you with no warning and no rhyme or reason?

Read through the accounts and evidence presented on this thread and just ask yourself if you've ever encountered anything like it about anyone else in your time in the Retro community. 

That's advice i would give to anyone who finds themselves in what must be a most unpleasant situation for the likes of yourself. 

Edited by Lost Dragon
  • Like 1

Hi Felice, long time no chat... On the subject of kieren, loads of people have been for want of a better word...

Manipulated by Kieren to meet his needs, as 'friends' to back him up when he gets into 'trouble'. Or as enablers,

he'll want you around because you can do things for him.  I myself and I'm sure the other members of Reboot

have no ill will against you 'just' because you've talked to Kieren. You've been duped along with quite a few people.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Lost Dragon said:

I don't want to promote outdated,  racist stereotype imagery, so no is the short answer. 

I just want people to be aware that this is how Kieren choose to exercise this creative freedom he bragged of having, freed from the shackles of RG magazine. 

As he himself made clear:His publications give him the freedom to write what he wants and choose the imagery he wants to accompany the text.

Out of all the screens he could of picked for a certain game, HE picked that one.

It's in Amazon.co.uk hands now and i hope they deal with it accordingly. 

It hasn't been stolen from any private forum, so he cannot fall back on that defence,  he put it in his own public, paid-for creation.

The man's logic just is unacceptable. 

Are you kidding? You cannot make those allegations without any proof to ANYONE.