IGNORED

The review of A-Z of Atari ST Games Volume 3 book RetroLaird is trying to delete!

3 hours ago, Total Eclipse said:

He's now filling his newly reinstated YouTube channel with such goodies as.... 

A book review. 

Of his own book. 

Wonder how that'll turn out? 

"it's full of errors, half of the facts are made up, and most of the text is from Wikipedia. 10/10" ? 

I love how he says he "can't review" the book yet the video is called "A Review".
The way the books tumble down toward the end is symbolic of his journalistic "career" methinks.

On 2/21/2020 at 10:51 PM, Galahad said:

He's using pictures where:

a). He isn't namechecked once

b). He is very much in the background in each one.

Popular lad

Who's the poor mans Simon Pegg?

Keep up Kieren, they are licensed. I’ve got all the signed documents in a file. For proof in case people ask for it...not everyone does that when asked for proof of ownership though so maybe you’re confused. I’m always happy to prove the legitimacy of my business dealings; I’ve nothing to hide after all.

I actually do have two product lines that are currently not licensed (Pokéblobs and Chomp). I used them when learning to sew (I’m self taught) and they were my first products before I had the experience to approach licence holders.

I’ve now reached the tipping point of having so many nice licence holders to work with that I’m in a position to phase these out, as I have so much demand for the other characters. I only list what I have left in stock for those on phase out plans.

You know, it’s so nice to work with good people who enjoy the hobby and enjoy a mutual level of respect based on principles such as honesty and professionalism. 

Any of my licence holding clients will have copies of the paperwork that you can ask to see if you don’t want to ask me, dear. I’m sure they will be THRILLED to hear from you 

• Like 11

@RetroPrincess Please do yourself a favour. Stop taking the bate. It's what he wants. Why do you think he throws out these spiky verbal grenades? He's a sly fucker, I'll give him that.

He stalks all the people he dislikes. He's obsessive. 

Don't forget, the better you are doing both mentally and commercially the more he is enraged. 

The best you can do for yourself and everyone here can do is just do your own thing, indulge in your love of retro, revel in it, it will chew and burn him up no end. And now he has been excluded from retro events, more so.

Let his spies bring back the news. 

The truth is, he is more a danger to himself than anyone else could be.

Edited by Guest
+please do yourself a favour (came across as harsh, not intended)

5 minutes ago, RetroPrincess said:

“Taking the bait”, IMO would be replying to his snide little accounts on twitter. I’m just trying to find a space to release some of the pent up shit I have to deal with in my head while ensuring that people don’t believe the constant lies he keeps spreading.

my bad

No, fair play. On reflection I might have been better to have put 'do yourself a favour and...' I didn't mean it to come across so harsh. Sorry.

And to be fair, I don't think ANYONE believes his bullshit anymore. The doors have been well and truly blown off.

First time I met him I thought he was a nice bloke.

Then as time went on more and more stuff came to light.

Not that I was fooled, but, as someone pointed out, so very many people can not be wrong. All the misogyny was the point of no return for me. Up until then I thought he's a complete twat but now I actively hate him for all the hate spiteful things and shit he has put others through. 

He does try and bait responses from people, he has done it to me a few times.  Mostly I have been able to ignore them, but occasionally he gets under your skin and your respond, he clearly then revels in your response, it means he got you to do or say something and he gets some attention.  He was posting crap about me and it got to me, so I released a demo to prove his incompetent lying face wrong, of course he didn't acknowledge the proof, just ignored the part of his previous claim I had just disproved and doubled down on other lies!  As the old expression goes, "It's like playing chess with a pigeon, all it's going to do is knock the pieces over, strut around like it's won and shit on the board" (or words to that effect).

If you do post anything in reaction to something he says make sure you are prepared for him to twist it and make it about him.

• Like 4

A similar metaphor, it's like trying to wrestle software engineers in a pile of stinking mud, after a few minutes you suddenly realise "wait a minute! They're enjoying this aren't they..."

Edited by Welshworrier
Realised what a silly old hector I am and deleted non-fully-actual based stuff
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, RetroPrincess said:

“Taking the bait”, IMO would be replying to his snide little accounts on twitter. I’m just trying to find a space to release some of the pent up shit I have to deal with in my head while ensuring that people don’t believe the constant lies he keeps spreading.

my bad

You can rant here as much as you want. That's why this thread exists, after all. On the other hand, it's probably best to not have to constantly defend yourself against his repeated lies about you. That's probably one of the biggest mistakes myself and others have made over the years, and the need to constantly do so just gives him more space in your head. You've made your statement about the facts, let it rest there. In fact, having a proper place to link to where a one-time statement was made to refute his claims is much better. Again, that's another good purpose for his thread. It's probably far better to just link that one-time response in reply rather than have to type it all out again, as it gives him less space in your head each time he makes the accusation. 

• Like 4

Oh, and Hi! I'm markopoloman - maybe know to some on here. Used to be the one and only moderator on RetroGamer forums (until I got banned :D) so have plenty of history with old fuckface Liard!

My forum is pretty relaxed (and Liard is not allowed on there either)... https://retrocanteen.boards.net/

I'm sure digging around old threads will bring up some great posts involving that turd.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, markopoloman said:

He can't STILL BE GOING?! Surely it's only his multiple pairs of socks bigging himself up by now?

I mean, if there actually are real people still defending him, shouldn't they be brought to justice too?

He seems to have lost almost all of his allies over the last few weeks. Honestly, anyone who is still defending him seriously needs to be clued in by now, as it's quite obvious at this point that they're on the losing side. Having said that, don't underestimate his use of sock puppets. It's been one of his biggest tools over the years, and considering he seems to have learned absolutely nothing after all of this, he's surely still using as many of them as he can get away with.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, markopoloman said:

Oh, and Hi! I'm markopoloman - maybe know to some on here. Used to be the one and only moderator on RetroGamer forums (until I got banned :D) so have plenty of history with old fuckface Liard!

Howdy, yes know you from RG, and yes, same username for myself over there heh. Haven't written for RG in years myself, been too busy with other projects, doing bits for Chris' books and having a family...!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Total Eclipse said:

A book review. 

Of his own book. 

"it's full of errors, half of the facts are made up, and most of the text is from Wikipedia. 10/10" ? 

I'm stunned he released a book with no sense of professional text layout at all. 
To be an author of 30 books and not realise that solid slabs of uninterrupted text, are really hard and tiring to read, is amazing to me.

Kieren, you need to read and absorb the info in this webpage https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect . It may be useful to you.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Welshworrier said:

Read it? He wrote it - well according to Wikipedia in 2 minutes :)

I suppose that was right after he wrote the bible,  the Rosetta stone, and had a lot of input into issac newtons principia mathematica

And then he went home, had his tea and a good old session of steve Davis snooker 128k 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Total Eclipse said:

A book review. 

Of his own book. 

I also noticed he's still pushing his Patreon page. 

Gotta keep the money flowing, now you've lost your YouTube income and nobody in their right mind will actually pay you to write for them. ? 

12 hours ago, Mayhem said:

Howdy, yes know you from RG, and yes, same username for myself over there heh. Haven't written for RG in years myself, been too busy with other projects, doing bits for Chris' books and having a family...!

Hi Mayhem! Family... kids, who'd have them?! :D

Just out of interest, how many other RG contributors have joined in the Kieren project? There are a few that have kept quiet over all of this - that stuck up for the little gobshite over the years. I wonder if they are just embarrassed and don't comment or still, somehow think he is telling the truth?!!! 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, markopoloman said:

Hi Mayhem! Family... kids, who'd have them?! :D

Just out of interest, how many other RG contributors have joined in the Kieren project? There are a few that have kept quiet over all of this - that stuck up for the little gobshite over the years. I wonder if they are just embarrassed and don't comment or still, somehow think he is telling the truth?!!! 

There are more than just RG contributers who have kept quiet, including ones who endlessly shilled his garbage articles and projects on this site, even long after he had been banned. A few people have yet to crawl out of the woodwork, but I imagine it's only a matter of time. Anyone who can't see the entire mountain of evidence of his lies and abuse by now is probably just as much of a garbage human being as he is. Those that do and haven't spoken up yet are cowards.

• Like 5