IGNORED

The review of A-Z of Atari ST Games Volume 3 book RetroLaird is trying to delete!

I'm very tired because (for various reasons) I've been up all night. But, I've got some good stuff to follow later today.

Who wants to read some of the reviews out there that were not written by Kieren Hawken ?

I know there are a handful on amazon. Some by yours truly but I just hit the ' motherload ' in this regard elsewhere.

I've collated a whole bunch of these together and will finish up and post later. 

10 hours ago, ∞ Vince ∞ said:

I'm very tired because (for various reasons) I've been up all night. But, I've got some good stuff to follow later today.

Who wants to read some of the reviews out there that were not written by Kieren Hawken ?

I know there are a handful on amazon. Some by yours truly but I just hit the ' motherload ' in this regard elsewhere.

I've collated a whole bunch of these together and will finish up and post later. 

When you say not written by Kieren, are you being sarcastic? Are these good or bad reviews?

• Like 1

No, none of them are by Kieren Hawken of that I am certain. There is mention of some of his socks

throwing 5/5s about but I acknowledge those and discount them from the mean average scores.

didn't get round to finishing up today, but I will.

Some of these reviews are quite damning, as is to be expected considering the quality of what we are talking of here.

Just found out KH has me on his stalking list as well...

Interesting.

66% of A Compendium of Atari 2600 Games - Volume One by Kieren Hawken is taken directly from reviews done for RVG from at least eight years ago and for which he was paid. These reviews almost certainly belong to RVG and not the "author" as remuneration was received for product.

Regardless of the fact that RVG have parted company, acrimoniously, which is no surprise, with the aforementioned turd-badger he decided to merely re-use something he had previously written.
This firstly shows how lazy he is and secondly reveals his desperation to merely get product, regardless of its legality and shoddiness out to a potentially unsuspecting audience.
But if anyone is stupid enough to buy these rags and then finds sitting skimming through the dull, unimaginative and sometimes unoriginal text in any way entertaining, then more fool them.

Also , if my understanding of client/payment shenanigans is even remotely correct, he delivered product, was paid, (after some whining and fuckwittery on his behalf) so released ownership to RVG in exchange for coin of the realm.
I'm led to believe there was no contract stating that payment was purely for "publishing rights", which does beg the question " Has this journalistic demi-god used someone else's property in one of his books?" If so, can he legally display this for sale on Amazon?
I wonder what percentage of his other products are using material from his previous ventures or even material from other sites created by REAL journalists?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I'm back in Mr K sight again with his retrogamerssuck sockpuppet on twitter

https://web.archive.org/web/20200309154913/https:/twitter.com/retrogamerssuck/status/1237033970526834688

yes I did create Appreciation Album for octy/sarah that I uploaded to internet archive

as I told Mr K at the time it was 

10 minutes of 22-hour Mixtape featuring Chris Huelsbeck Turrican Soundtrack Anthology, English cover of vocaloid songs, chipspeech songs,

Jonathan Coulton albums, Dan Bull songs, gaming muso songs, scene.org  music, etc

https://web.archive.org/web/20200311081718/https://twitter.com/tomasparksts/status/1189963760854691840

PS: i have web archive this thread

Oh No! We're being monitored!!
"Your opinion is invalid!"
Priceless! In four words he sums up his entire world view.
"You don't agree with me ergo you're wrong!"
But once again the social media expert shows his true skills, "Saving that Atari age thread...."

Which one you fuckwit? You think there's only one???

2020-03-11_8-36-33.png

• Like 2

I wonder how much of this. Which came out back in 2013, Kieren Hawken stole and put into this.

Clearly even the idea of these A-Zs isn't original.

51+xyo4UapL._AC_UY218_ML3_.jpg

81lztJ0hOfL._AC_UY218_ML3_.jpg

I just struck on an idea for a simple Bot that would accept a text document and search in block sections

(say it would chop out a sentence)

for EXACT matches online, surely that would bring up all the misappropriation Hawky the Stalky / Kieren Hawken has been

guilty of all this time ?

I wonder what the numbers (%) would be for wikipedia.

It would be a fairly trivial thing to code. But do I hate him enough to bother...

Notice that on goodreads it lists that there were several releases /escapes of each book - some of which have different page counts. 

e.g. https://www.goodreads.com/work/editions/55425179-the-a-z-of-atari-2600-games-volume-1-the-atari-2600

https://www.goodreads.com/work/editions/56737818-the-a-z-of-atari-8-bit-games-volume-1-the-atari-8-bit

Etc

Edited by Welshworrier
  • Like 1

But it's not like it's a real business (registered as such on ebay) that legally has to give contact information. That would be a breach of Ebay policies as they have tax reports to then file. 

Pic1: business details for a different company

Pic2: retroriginals account not showing as registered

Pic3: linked in claim if being a business

Screenshot_20200311_121906.jpg

Screenshot_20200311_121935.jpg

Screenshot_20200311_122224.jpg

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Welshworrier said:

But it's not like it's a real business (registered as such on ebay) that legally has to give contact information. That would be a breach of Ebay policies as they have tax reports to then file. 

Pic1: business details for a different company

Pic2: retroriginals account not showing as registered

Pic3: linked in claim if being a business

Screenshot_20200311_121906.jpg

Screenshot_20200311_121935.jpg

Screenshot_20200311_122224.jpg

Game production is that a reference to that time he was "representing" Epyx over on sega-16. ?
What happened with that in the end. It seems to have just faded out.

1 hour ago, ∞ Vince ∞ said:

Game production is that a reference to that time he was "representing" Epyx over on sega-16. ?

Yeah no kidding. I wonder what happened to the 20 developers he claimed to have signed up?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ∞ Vince ∞ said:

Or possibly jaguar cds. 

I just hope no-one has reported the ebay account under the "business dealer not displaying their contact details" tab as that could lead to suspension of account of course. 

I'm sure such an upstanding citizen would definitely be declaring the income for tax and benefit purposes, because that could cause a whole world of hurt if they didn't. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Landstalker said:

Interesting.

66% of A Compendium of Atari 2600 Games - Volume One by Kieren Hawken is taken directly from reviews done for RVG from at least eight years ago and for which he was paid. These reviews almost certainly belong to RVG and not the "author" as remuneration was received for product.

Regardless of the fact that RVG have parted company, acrimoniously, which is no surprise, with the aforementioned turd-badger he decided to merely re-use something he had previously written.
This firstly shows how lazy he is and secondly reveals his desperation to merely get product, regardless of its legality and shoddiness out to a potentially unsuspecting audience.
But if anyone is stupid enough to buy these rags and then finds sitting skimming through the dull, unimaginative and sometimes unoriginal text in any way entertaining, then more fool them.

Also , if my understanding of client/payment shenanigans is even remotely correct, he delivered product, was paid, (after some whining and fuckwittery on his behalf) so released ownership to RVG in exchange for coin of the realm.
I'm led to believe there was no contract stating that payment was purely for "publishing rights", which does beg the question " Has this journalistic demi-god used someone else's property in one of his books?" If so, can he legally display this for sale on Amazon?
I wonder what percentage of his other products are using material from his previous ventures or even material from other sites created by REAL journalists?

I stand corrected. The work Kieren did for RVG was for the 8 bit Atari, not the 2600. Yet still this stands oddly enough. The download version of his "book" when run through professional check software, used by colleges to look for plagiarism, still comes up with 66% cribbed from old reviews. Now these may by by the Kizz himself, but this still shows a lack of ingenuity, imagination and a general attitude of "it'll do" toward his writing.
Just get another hastily cobbled together publication together regardless of the quality.
The RVG fiasco is another incident altogether, with Kizza spitting his dummy out over the inclusion of other writers he had issues with. Perhaps he felt they would overshadow his meagre offerings? Pshaw! As if?

• Like 2

His dunderheadedness astounds!

"I wonder what would happen if the ‘victim’ / subject matter was a woman retro-gamer with mental problems."

Ok, we've been through the "mental problems aren't a valid excuse for appalling anti-societal behaviour" side of things more than enough so there is no reason to retrace our steps through that very simple scenario.
So let's address the main question without the attempted get-out-of-jail-card-that-isn't.
"I wonder what would happen if the ‘victim’ / subject matter was a woman retro-gamer?"

If this hypothetical woman retro-gamer (Why a woman and not a girl? Is there some underlying and hitherto-unspoken age-related Oedipal issue here that we have yet to shine a light on? Did Mummy not love him enough or at all?) had a decade and a half long history of childish, boorish, sexist, racist, homophobic and transphobic attacks on the retro-game community, while also lying consistently about her abilities and/or achievements then I would assume she would be treated exactly the same as her male counterpart. Why should she not?
This is the age of equality across all genders with no-one above the social mores, rules or regulations of acceptable behavior.
If this imaginary woman spent her time making baseless attacks on people she felt had slighted her for some fallacious reasons, spreading lies and deceit in some egocentric attempt to set factions against one another then surely the community would be just as quick to take her to task as a "man" if we can stretch the term enough to fit our outraged spectator.

The feeble, half-arsed attempts to clutch at any straw, to find some chink in the arguments of his detractors is an endless source of amusement.
His claim that the new Forum will have "NO ailments" is just another pathetic example of his tenuous grasp on his "journalistic expertise".
Are we to believe that there will be no mention of his debilitating health issues that cause random slander, lies and deceit should anyone be fool enough to challenge his wealth of knowledge and general genius-status?
But somehow, it's thrown into the mix at the drop of a hat everywhere else to somehow explain his improprieties?

2020-03-11_16-29-30.png

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Landstalker said:

His dunderheadedness astounds!

"I wonder what would happen if the ‘victim’ / subject matter was a woman retro-gamer with mental problems."

Ok, we've been through the "mental problems aren't a valid excuse for appalling anti-societal behaviour" side of things more than enough so there is no reason to retrace our steps through that very simple scenario.
So let's address the main question without the attempted get-out-of-jail-card-that-isn't.
"I wonder what would happen if the ‘victim’ / subject matter was a woman retro-gamer?"

If this hypothetical woman retro-gamer (Why a woman and not a girl? Is there some underlying and hitherto-unspoken age-related Oedipal issue here that we have yet to shine a light on? Did Mummy not love him enough or at all?) had a decade and a half long history of childish, boorish, sexist, racist, homophobic and transphobic attacks on the retro-game community, while also lying consistently about her abilities and/or achievements then I would assume she would be treated exactly the same as her male counterpart. Why should she not?
This is the age of equality across all genders with no-one above the social mores, rules or regulations of acceptable behavior.
If this imaginary woman spent her time making baseless attacks on people she felt had slighted her for some fallacious reasons, spreading lies and deceit in some egocentric attempt to set factions against one another then surely the community would be just as quick to take her to task as a "man" if we can stretch the term enough to fit our outraged spectator.

The feeble, half-arsed attempts to clutch at any straw, to find some chink in the arguments of his detractors is an endless source of amusement.
His claim that the new Forum will have "NO ailments" is just another pathetic example of his tenuous grasp on his "journalistic expertise".
Are we to believe that there will be no mention of his debilitating health issues that cause random slander, lies and deceit should anyone be fool enough to challenge his wealth of knowledge and general genius-status?
But somehow, it's thrown into the mix at the drop of a hat everywhere else to somehow explain his improprieties?

2020-03-11_16-29-30.png

Yes, this is all especially hypocritical of him to say, especially as there was a woman retrogamer who was at least one time very close to him who suffered the same fate for much less from this forum. I'm not going to go into details, as it wouldn't do anyone much good to drag her into this (except to explain where he got the idea to use his "health problems" as a shield), but ultimately she was banned for much less than what he's done. Yet, at the same time, this same person has pretty much hidden herself away rather than continue to plague the community. In short, he already has an example that should more than adequately address that particular comment.

• Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, Landstalker said:

2020-03-11_16-29-30.png

KWH, tell me something. How did you know that was my review of Shaun's book ?

2020-03-11_16-29-30.png

so kieren what would happen indeed ? what would happen if you were, say, to email a female retrogamer with anxiety and other problems and to play on them to your own ends. sort of a "kieren's modus operandi v2.0" if you will ? just repeat your exact same "kieren's whispers" behaviour and pick on someone who you believe you can manipulate and upset easily. What would happen if you knew you'd already caused them mountains of distress but chose to double down (again) and email them with yet more of your absolute fucking lies designed purely to hurt, confuse and upset that person ?

what would happen in that case ? it would be disgusting, wouldn't it, especially if you got the desired result and sent the person into all kinds of mental spins and self doubt etc, just as you have done before with your multiple troll accounts. what would happen then, kieren ? what would happen if, say, you told them that someone whom they don't know and have never actually spoken to is responsible for all kinds of hate and trolling of them, despite that person having the sum total of fuck all to do with it and no truck with the person involved ? tell them, for example, that this person is behind "loads of troll accounts" that you yourself are presumably behind. I mean, it's not like you haven't done the exact same thing in the past. you've even said disgraceful things about this person in your own name. what you have already said about them is fucking disgusting so, well, what would happen then ?

what would happen if you'd deliberately done that, you absolute cunt ?

of course, you know, and you can tell us, as you've just done this, you piece of shit. 

unfortunately for you, you are once again attempting to blame me for your cuntery which i can unequivocally say has zero to do with me and i have no axe to grind with the person in question and no desire to bother someone or make them feel bad for zero reason. you on the other hand, well, your continued cuntery showcases ably that this is exactly what you love doing and, of course, if you can pick on someone and fill their head with enough shit so that it overflows you can once again stand back and be proud of the hate and desolation you have caused, just as you have always done. just as you seem happy to continue to do. 

we see your game.

bad, bad move. 

i can imagine you sitting up at night thinking how you can cause harm and distress to people because of perceived slights against yourself. it's pathetic. you should really get a fucking life but after 15 years of being an utter wanker online it seems that this is impossible for you.

you are absolutely pathetic. i don't think anyone has ever been as hated and derided in the retro gaming community, and that's saying something. well done.

you claim to be an author. you've certainly been the author of your own demise. 

i had put this behind me at the advice of others and chose to get on with positive stuff but this is too much and for you to do this is beyond the pale. you are absolute scum. i had chosen to not remain involved with pursuing you because of your bullshit and just chose to work on creating rather than destroying but you have called for thunder and now you are going to get it. 

you are an awful, awful human being who will genuinely stoop to any level, even hitherto unplumbed ones, just to stab into the heart of good people. 

so, with all this in mind, i myself am filing a police report relating to this incident as it is a deliberate attempt to cause trouble and a cynical and fucking cowardly attack on a vulnerable person, deliberately designed to cause as much distress and upset as possible and to pull everyone back into your shitty little pit where you deserve to stay, alone.

i will also be consulting a uk based lawyer with relation to this to see if it is possible for them to push the case as much as possible against you and to make sure you do not slip the net as you have severely fucked up here and what you have done is most assuredly legally actionable and i am in possession of all required to see this through. 

furthermore, i have your home address and this will be supplied to the police and my lawyer with the information relating to this recent episode of hateful cuntery. you cannot hide or claim "trolls did it" this time.

i believe the police will take my report seriously and i will pursue it through the aforementioned lawyer to make sure that they do. you are deliberately endangering the mental well being of someone who has done nothing to you, just to attempt to deflect things away from yourself and cause extreme upset because that is what you feel you are justified to do. the world does not work like that, you absolute bastard. 

I may have disagreed with this person in the past, but that is a far cry from wanting to cause them mental anguish in reality. as you clearly do. you really are the lowest of the low. 

You just could not fuck off and accept your cancellation, you little crybaby piece of shit. Now you have brought things to a new level because you thought you could go behind people's backs and start your shitty little rumours again. no. no, kieren, that's not how this is going to work. 

you are an awful man and despite me stepping away from your bullshit you could not help but pick on what you thought would be an easy target, once again. 

you are going to find out very soon that i am anything but. 

welcome to the eye of the storm. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Felice_Atari said:

So what happened with Chickybaby ? Was she another one who was abused by kieren for being a lady retrogamer ?

Hope she can be welcomed back soon, if he was the reason why she was banned from here ....

No, no, and no. I only brought her up as an example to contradict what Kieren was saying about unequal treatment between men and women. What happened with her here involved personal issues that left more than one person extremely hurt. She's no innocent victim here, but she paid her price and stayed away. There isn't any need to drag her into this, so let's please drop it.

• Like 2