IGNORED

The review of A-Z of Atari ST Games Volume 3 book RetroLaird is trying to delete!

5 hours ago, psj3809_new said:

I’m not mates with kieren but some of the constant attacks are bad. Have a moan about him then leave it. But some people on this thread go on and on and on !! Just leave it. Kierens fucked up big time. He won’t ever get back to his number of subscribers or views. 

Perhaps you need to read some more of the experiences posted here. Yes, there are issues with Kieren's writing, his lying about writing Spectrum games, etc, but the worst of the worst has been the verbal abuse and false allegations he's made against multiple people. While you have a small point in nitpicking details of his writing, many of us who have been targets of his false allegations and abuse aren't just going to "get over it". The things he's said about other people have taken their toll on many of us, and these are the things he needs to be taken to account over.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I’ve read every page and yeah it is very bad. Not sticking up for him but his retro career seems ruined totally

As you say the verbal stuff and the arguments he’s caused between people is the worst. I notice Boyo and other people (who were subject to a lot of the crap) have stopped going on about it. This won’t disappear even if this thread is silent for a while as people know what he’s like. 

Granted some haven’t ‘gotten over it’ and I can see why some people moan about him. Just find the constant nit picking of his books to be juvenile. Moan about how he created arguments etc as that’s bad. But some of the other stuff is just minor ?

45 minutes ago, psj3809 said:

I’ve read every page and yeah it is very bad. Not sticking up for him but his retro career seems ruined totally

As you say the verbal stuff and the arguments he’s caused between people is the worst. I notice Boyo and other people (who were subject to a lot of the crap) have stopped going on about it. This won’t disappear even if this thread is silent for a while as people know what he’s like. 

Granted some haven’t ‘gotten over it’ and I can see why some people moan about him. Just find the constant nit picking of his books to be juvenile. Moan about how he created arguments etc as that’s bad. But some of the other stuff is just minor ?

Pretty much, Kieren Hawken destroyed what remained of his credibility and nuked his entire writing career as well, along with his YouTube channel. He does not have anybody else to blame but himself. Some people say just ignore him but it's not going to work in the end if we don't talk about his past online behavior to anybody who comes in contact with him. I don't care anymore if he keeps grabbing screencaps of me and everybody talking about him but when the time comes Karma will come at Kieren like a lightning for all of his manipulation and misdeeds...

@psj3809

I think the thing with the 'books' is, you can't go round calling yourself an expert as he has here there and every bloody where without taking hits; when your 'books' are not factually accurate, not well written (claims to be a journalist), you've claimed to be a copywriter and yet they are so sloppily produced they are devoid of any editorial input what-so-ever, and while I totally agree that LD in particular is like a dog with a particularly juicy bone he can't let go of, he has still made some very valid points.

It's less about what he is than what he claims he is. If I claimed to be an amazing artist and when you saw my 'work' I'd just doodled a pair of hairy balls, i'd be bound to attract criticism.

Also worth pointing out that had K not been so bloody adamant and so blockheaded he wouldn't take half the shit he has. Plus there is the misogyny and bullying of others, which you either don't know about or have chosen to skip right over.

Ps: why do you have 2x accounts ?

1 hour ago, psj3809 said:

As someone who would also consider themselves more on the casual side of retro gaming i can understand, in isolation, criticising his sub par writing could be seen as nitpicking.

However in the grand scheme of things the content he produces is a big part of the reason so many people in this thread and beyond have been screwed over by him.

He caused all this harm and illwill just so he could be the go to Atari guy, if anyone comes along who's knowlegable about the scene and gets the slightest recognition for it, K's weasling away behind the scenes destroying their character. He cant beat them through talent so he sneakily destroys their credibility till they are no longer a threat to his crown

So to hold his work up is to say "this is what you wrecked (or attempted to) so many peoples lives for."

It's like a jockey drugging all the other horses before the big race but still only placing second from last because the nag he's riding around on is well overdue for the knackers yard.

• Like 3

It, being the whole issue with Kieren, has almost nothing to do with what he claims to be. 
Those areas of expertise he claims to have and their failings are just ready ammunition that can be thrown any time at any one of his numerous, spurious and deflective tweets, posts, emails, FB comments or videos.

The issue is what he IS and what he has DONE.

He IS abusive, he IS offensive, he IS potentially sociopathic and he IS a cancer at the core of the community.

All of the above are related to what he has done, and if his piddly, half-arsed attempts at "writing" are the things that bother you most, or the fact that he claims one machine superior to another and you think those issues are more important than his personal, psychological and verbal attacks across a broad spectrum of the community then you certainly need to check your priorities.

As people have stated over and over, ignoring him and doing nothing will achieve exactly that.
He WILL come back, if in fact he is ever truly gone. No-one knows just how many bogus accounts and aliases there are and from which dark corner in any given forum and/or website he is lurking, watching every move.

The demise of his "career" such as it was, was all of his own doing, if he claims we have been responsible, he's as sadly mistaken about this as he is so many other issues. All that is happening here is the hammering in of hopefully the last few nails in the coffin of the his attachment to the community.

Should he wish to wail like a madman in the wilderness on his FB page, his various tweets and/or his YT videos, then he has every right.
We can only be vigilant. People will be watching constantly to see if he resumes normal service and starts his attacks, his lies, his slander and his misappropriation of other peoples work to claim as his own.

Going back through his "books" is like examining turds. We know they smell and no-one in their right mind wants to touch them, so why bother?
Stay on point as much as possible.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I don't see why every time you stipulate your position, Landstalker, that you feel the need to derail mine.

It has everything to do with what he claims to have done, to be and what he does to cover his tracks when it is revealed not to be the case.

I think I've previously mentioned, however briefly, some of the more recent and nasty transgressions of the 'Human Kizzing Machine', but as you rightly pointed out (LandStalker) elsewhere and I happily acknowledged, I have been out of the ' loop ' / not active in the community for a while (due to my health rather than any desire. I get on with a lot of you and enjoy game banter a good drink and a quality curry) and only come to from a point of finding out (have since extensively read about) after-the-fact.

I therefore do not have the right to speak on those things and so have stuck to what I do know. I know it might be old old ground I tread, but they are no less valid points I make.

I'm 100% out.

If I could ask people on this thread to do me a favour and not quote or refer to this post specifically as I would rather not contribute going forward.

Edits:
Took out the words 'be bitchy and' from the first paragraph. Paragraphs 3 and 4 are entirely new. I amended this in view of recent replies and to put my final thoughts on the matter down. Apologies if it skewers the narrative but I felt it better to clarify than post after I had said I'm 'out'. I forget how the instant notifications and knee-jerk instinct to reply kicks in (been off fb for a while).

Edited by Guest
# to be less provocative #To clarify #To make my position clearer.

I don't know why people see the need to argue here. The issue is about Kieren, not about anyone else. Many of us have been affected by him in different ways to the others, so what's important to one person may not be the priority for another. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

5 hours ago, Sauron said:

I don't know why people see the need to argue here. The issue is about Kieren, not about anyone else. Many of us have been affected by him in different ways to the others, so what's important to one person may not be the priority for another. 

If you don't want arguing, can we please ban Lee Fogarty from posting here? Every time he posts, the thread gets completely derailed. He has his own agenda and his own forum where he can discuss this stuff. He's in the background with his little Chinese whispers to Kieren, Octavius, X-Ray Specs, and Christ knows who else, and spreading his own brand of toxicity. While he's allowed to post his nonsense here while "doing a Kieren" in the shadows, this thread will continue to descend into arguments, and now that posts are being deleted, this is quickly becoming a train wreck.

I found these pages about him, and they have all the same hallmarks of the kind of bullying Kieren has been up to over the years:

http://zxvega.co.uk/lee-fogarty

http://zxvega.co.uk/nick-roper/

Lee has a vested interest in muddying the waters and trying to integrate himself back into the community. For the sake of this thread and to stop the arguing, we need to prevent the supply of oxygen to these troublemakers, and the most obvious way is banning Lee from posting here.

• Like 2

Been a reader of this thread from the start, tried to remain out of it, but what the heck, Ive registered to chuck my tuppence in.

Been a gamer since 1984 when I got a ZX Spectrum, worked my way thru to the 16bit era, did music for a few Amiga demo's, and currently have an XBox One X, so Ive seen it all, and met a few people mentioned on here over the years.

The comment "Some people say just ignore him but it's not going to work in the end if we don't talk about his past online behavior to anybody who comes in contact with him" I think is the most apt out of them all.

If we (as in the scene in general) just ignore him, he will spread his cancerous carry on elsewhere, and no doubt, going by his track record, reek havoc on the unsuspecting.

Lets not forget, this 33 page and counting thread is only highlighting the issues we know of - how many other people are out there that have also had their reputation destroyed, their career ended, or had their mental health shredded due to him?

I think now, all anyone needs to do, is if they hear of anyone going to work with him, or be involved with him in any capacity, is to tell them to watch that youtube video, and read this thread, and ask them to make their own judgement - is every single one of us wrong and this is an utter vendetta to destroy someone, or, is the person in question possibly just not worth the hassle of being involved with.

Anyone of sane mind and body Im sure will come to the correct conclusion.

And, putting the needle back to the start of the record again, do we really need to lower ourselves to his level and start arguing amongst ourselves like school children?

Everyone is allowed to have an opinion about him, right or wrong.

I think the fact some of us are making our point so strongly shows just how, well, strongly they feel about him.

He has affected people in different ways, and annoyed others in other ways, so the points made / arguments started here of course will vary, but can we all at least agree that the villian in question isn't each other here.....it's him?

And apologies for such a ranty first post people !

Ive been about for a while, just too lazy to register.

• Like 6

He obviously thinks this is just going to blow over and this will become yesterdays news.

So he just ploughs on regardless.

But it's not going to go away, there is no hiding from this, burying his head in the sand isn't going to solve this.

We are all still waiting for the evidence that exonerates him, and I think we will be waiting an awfully long time.

You cant do what you have done and get away with it.

I have seen your twatish behaviour with my own eyes.

You have shown no remorse, no acknowledgement of what you have done, and you deserve everything you get

• Like 5

Been trying to avoid looking at this since I’m at home recovering and because I, and the rest of the world, have far more important things in our lives than this shitgibbon. But in light of his persistent self-interest and continued attempts to claw back something amid how grim the real world is out there right now for us normal mortals, as well as to alleviate your boredom, I thought you might like a joke:

What goes “activate, deactivate, edit, delete, shitpost, lie, spam, delusion-wank, sockpuppet, SPLASH!”?

A Wotsit falling down a very, very deep, dark well....

...from which it should never return.

Edited by Mr.T
spelling
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, Welshworrier said:

Oh look, both the retrolaird and retrogamerssuck twitter accounts have come out of self isolation

according to internet archive retrogamerssuck reactivated between 8:43 and 9:44

see https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://twitter.com/retrogamerssuck

thanks to me ping internet archive's save page every hour

• Like 1

It’s like a game of schizophrenic ‘musical statues’.All the numerous sockpuppets do is activate, deactivate, comment and follow each other, follow the same people they’re hating on and actually talk to each other. It’s a sad picture of a self-destructive person slipping into complete insanity. One where there is no-one left who will listen to complete bullshit, give any feedback or desperately craved likes or narcissistic supply, and backdooring no longer works because everyone shares the worming e-mails, post/conversation histories before they get edited like a defector’s photo in communist Russia, and private conversations that completely reinforce everything that has been laid bare.

Leopards can’t change their spots, but this one tries to fool people by rolling in giraffe shit. The Lions can see but they are not impressed.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2020-03-22_12-54-04.png

I'm just curious as to why Atarifan, who still foolishly claims he is "not affiliated with KH", not that this has any bearing on the matter per se, would choose the word "incel" as a form of abuse?
Looked in the mirror lately Kieren?

Edited by Landstalker
additions
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Welshworrier said:

Gosh, two totally unrelated people who appear to have the same body clock and posting habits. Perhaps they are not allowed on the Internet until after 9am.

Screenshot_20200323_120047.jpg

Look Kieren, I'm sorry about that post which has obviously offended you, but you've got to believe me when I say I didn't write it. Honestly I didn't. One of the moderators has altered my post after he hacked my account!! :D :D :D :D :D 

• Like 3
  • Haha 6