IGNORED

The review of A-Z of Atari ST Games Volume 3 book RetroLaird is trying to delete!

A brief update on the Amazon.Co.Uk situation. 

After some private discussions,  all the 5 star reviews by user dpaint on Amazon.co.uk, for Kieren's books have now been deleted.

Review manipulation will not go unchallenged within the community. 

I have reported this volume and suggest other Amazon users do the same :

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Z-Atari-Jaguar-Games-Gaming-ebook/dp/B07NYQR627

Certain reviews are poorly disguised attacks on individuals and groups within the Jaguar homebrew community and the author chooses to describe them as lazy and he feels cheated.

However it's the statement made by the author in his Xevious review, that..

Atari Age are no strangers to selling games they have no legal right to sell, via their store..

That needs to be addressed. 

The author in his Amiga A to Z volume 1 accused Psygnosis of art theft and now we have this.

• Like 3

Brief update on one of the sockpuppet accounts.

The account "RealRetro21", formerly "ShillerSimon" is unlikely to be KH himself. Before they changed to an account specifically to harass RetroPrincess1, they tweeted these screenshots from the Spectrum For Everyone facebook group.

rr1.thumb.png.6f8461f8be764c40d0f1e5342a6e3d11.png

One of the screenshots was this, and showed their facebook avatar in the reply box.

rr3.thumb.png.cf80dc735dd291dc9a83cc29ab023713.png

The member of that group with that avatar is Tony Bland, who seems to be a real person and not a sockpuppet fb account.

rr4.thumb.png.4c1e3bd3874aae7b749209f389a53d3f.png

So either Tony was the person behind the RealRetro21 account, or they were supplying screenshots to the owner. Either way, a good place to start if anyone is pursuing this further. Tony has made multiple posts to the Spectrum For Everyone group regarding the zxvega, so it seems to fit.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, DonkeyHotay said:

Brief update on one of the sockpuppet accounts.

The account "RealRetro21", formerly "ShillerSimon" is unlikely to be KH himself. Before they changed to an account specifically to harass RetroPrincess1, they tweeted these screenshots from the Spectrum For Everyone facebook group.

rr1.thumb.png.6f8461f8be764c40d0f1e5342a6e3d11.png

One of the screenshots was this, and showed their facebook avatar in the reply box.

rr3.thumb.png.cf80dc735dd291dc9a83cc29ab023713.png

The member of that group with that avatar is Tony Bland, who seems to be a real person and not a sockpuppet fb account.

rr4.thumb.png.4c1e3bd3874aae7b749209f389a53d3f.png

So either Tony was the person behind the RealRetro21 account, or they were supplying screenshots to the owner. Either way, a good place to start if anyone is pursuing this further. Tony has made multiple posts to the Spectrum For Everyone group regarding the zxvega, so it seems to fit.

Vega/Spectrum scene itself is Alien to many of us ;-)

Not a Twitter follower either.

Think the best approach with any sockpuppet account is to follow the example of when the Forza 77 account was exposed.

Have your suspicions, but unless you can provide evidence it was who you thought it was, best to publically say nothing. 

Your only going to fuel the nonsense Twitter seems to thrive on.

From just reading this thread now and then, it seems the norm for sockpuppet accounts to appear and dissappear like snow before the sun, only for new ones to appear.

Just sounds like one big social experiment and certain individuals looking for a reaction.

This Tony then..

Might of attempted to mimic Kieren to buy himself time, might of been in league with Kieren,might of been something else again..

It's just one of how many suspect Twitter accounts since the Vega scandal let alone Horacegate.

Right first of all, I can’t believe anyone is still falling for this shit. DonkeyHotay; new member with 1 post and it happens to be here of all places... come on. Lost Dragon dude, should know better. The Retro2021 account is 100% him, engaging repeatedly with all his detractors on a personal level for months and using all of his vernacular, arguments, personal attacks whenever another bit of truth cane out - the name itself was a poke at Revival after I successfully derailed his various socks by repeatedly sharing links to this thread. I was watching this account very closely and why now, after the account closed a few days ago, would someone come here to post about something that can’t be traced back, refer to ‘KH’ yet again, and try to make some kind of vague finger point to a randomer no-one has even heard of and pretend they would have intimate knowledge of the wotsit and his haters, hate on them on his behalf and staunchly share and shill his name? It wouldn’t even make sense in the mind of a sane person - there’s be zero motivation for anyone to do that. Oh, and read carefully people - that ‘evidence’ once again doesn’t actually show any evidence of any kind for what has been typed in the post. The screenshots don’t show any ‘Tony’ appropriating that wanker’s sockpuppet account; it’s just a random mess of screenshots and an unrelated summation... just like what the twat has always done in the countless screenshots here, in the manipulated and trimmed images in his 15-page toilet paper roll, and to sway people against each other as documented for the last 3 months. It’s as transparent as the invisible man’s dick. The ShillerSimon account carried an Atari picture with a message across it for about 6 months prior to this, so it’s not even true. Even if it were, his various socks steal other people’s pictures all the time AND he’s recently been modifying pictures to create fake tweets so it doesn’t show anything at all.

Now it’s all gone quiet the worm is trying to crawl out of the woodwork, and will try and use all the same tactics to worm his way back in. It won’t work. Even if this post were even slightly legit, the “oo look let’s throw an element of doubt in there” shit is how we got here in the first place. This is most likely an attempt to see who is still checking here and watching him, because no one is engaging his shitposting directly anymore.

Those of us who know better are watching you Hawken, so just give it up. I’m going to summarise it as clearly as I can, for anyone out there with a single figure IQ and still doesn’t get it:

All of the accounts that have been tracked are, were, or in some way connected to Kieren bastard Hawken, whether by creating them himself, having stupid acquaintances used to make them, family, been taken over by him, the @tags and account names, pictures and everything else changed every two minutes for the sake of placing the tiniest doubt in the tiniest minds that he may just not be responsible for all of his actions. Too much has been shown to prove this incredibly long and complex web of bullshit, post alteration, screenshot manipulation and traceability editing he has been guilty of for years, and it will never stop because he is a psychotic loser and doesn’t live in this reality.

TL,DR: If it even whiffs of him one iota, it’s almost definitely him. Don’t touch it with a barge pole.

The quieter we all get, the more desperate this waste of oxygen becomes, such as being idiotic enough to falsify tweets using people’s names which is at the root of his recent sockpuppets closures. Some people are now taking them over, but he will also pretend to have them taken over to call the “I was hacked” line again and again. He’s done it before and he’s doing it again.

Do not give this clown one ounce of benefit of the doubt - there is none. He hasn’t changed, he’s still doing exactly the same things, the only difference now is he is desperately trying to get even negative attention and is too stupid to accept that he is being watched by dozens of people smarter than he is. The world is just sick to death of hearing his name.

I propose a line, right here and right now, that this thread STOPS. If you agree simply like my post. Anything new then that goes under it is clearly then only posted by idiots, or by the wotsit himself and met with the same reply.

if you’re new here, check out page 1 and move along. Have a suspicion? The answer is yes, it’s him. Don’t post here.

Hawken, you’ve LOST.

Edited by Mr.T
  • Like 8

Kieren appearing on here via an associate or new name is nothing new.

We saw it years ago with his 7800 PDF magazine thread.

It's just far too time consuming for the Mods on here to check account details and if it's someone acting on his behalf, details won't match.

What do people expect?

Albert to put a NO posts about Kieren on first 5 posts, rule for all new accounts? 

The point i was trying to make was basically reinforcing what Sauron said regarding the sockpuppet accounts attacking females:

It's him, or at most one of his few close associates that are left, but most likely him.

At this stage it really won't matter if Puppet Accounts A-K are found to be someone acting on his behalf or pretending to be him,as a means to continue their own grudges.

It's already been proven he's used sockpuppet accounts, via the video demonstration exposing Forza 77.

If evidence comes to light an individual or individuals from the ZX Spectrum/Vega community have been behind an account or accounts, it won't change the status quo.

The real identity will only mean something to those in the Spectrum circles. 

A handful of accounts exposed won't be the mythical proof of guilt or innocence needed to draw a line under the entire Twitter fiasco. 

The cycle will just continue as it has for years.

Unless publishers stop giving him a platform and a voice, nothing will change.

It's that simple.

Edited by Lost Dragon
  • Like 1

After the mixed messages over the Ghost Writer aspect of Kieren in Sam Dyers Atari 2600/7800 Visual Compendium (still unanswered in terms of what manner of content and how much of it was written by Kieren)...

Can Brett Wiess confirm or deny Kieren has been used as a Guest Writer in this publication :

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158263892109800&id=524789799&__tn__=*s*sH-R

Kieren was used in the 2 previous SNES Omnibus books, but this is the first Kickstarter project i have seen of Brett's.

Kieren isn't listed in the contributors listings on the Kickstarter page as far as i could see.

but the page just gives examples of some of the guest writers,not all.

Such a book would surely be in direct conflict with Kieren's own NES a to Z Guides..?

Kieren was apparently seen boasting on social media about crunching hard to hit new publisher deadlines and recently promoted the Kickstarter for this book.

Coincidences?

Creates a good few questions that need we could do with answering.

If he's NOT a contributor, apologies for the confusion and thanks for clearing the matter up.

If however he is, then why is he not listed?

Edited by Lost Dragon
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, markopoloman said:

If you click on the Brett Weiss is with Rob McCallum and 32 others... you get this list...  image.thumb.png.dcf86734cbdfcebf82e2665fb0e70386.png

So, at this stage it's a pretty safe bet he has ahem, guest written on a NES book.

My oh my what ever became of the Kieren we knew from RG and RVG forums,  eh Marko-

You couldn't find a single Nintendo thread back then without Kieren there, pointing out how badly it fared in the UK, how you only ever saw them gathering dust in Boots windows etc.

Not exactly the person i would seek out for NES recommendations personally. 

I mean here he is back in 2012:

I assume by impact you mean collecting dust in branches of BOOTS Round my area in Hertfordshire we had several smaller chains in Software Plus, Calculus and Games Galore, none of which stocked the NES (they all stocked the Atari 2600/7800 funnily enough though) and then when the first big chain opened in Future Zone (who went on to become part of Game) I went to work for them and we didn't stock the NES either, but did stock the Master System. In fact when I was working at Game in 1993/1994 we were still selling the SMS and its games but no NES stuff.

Also I clearly remember people being very p1ssed of with TMHT on the NES because it wasn't a conversion of the arcade game and also wasn't very good. It may have helped ship a few consoles but the sales figures overall speak for themselves.

And 2015:

The Laird

Re: Systems that you had no interest in and still don't

Post Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:57 pm

But anyway, mine are:

NES I was laughing at this machine as it gathered dust in my local BOOTS well before my next door neighbour had one. I could never understand the appeal of it and was honestly both bemused and shocked by it's success in America. I have yet to find anything about that would change my mind, it was just totally inferior to near enough all it's competition.

Dunno why i had concerns,with his expertise and literally no bias towards it,  he'd be an asset to any NES guide..:-)) 

Edited by Lost Dragon
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Welshworrier said:

No mention of it on Facebook accounts, all comments made are just echoing what people have said.

Followed me too, as well as the known troll accounts so guessing yet another fake.

Didn't bother following me, one of the people he has slandered the most, so if it's him then it's nothing more than just another stunt to get attention. He left a few others off as well. If it isn't him, then whoever setup that account certainly isn't helping anyone. Regardless, I think the time for apologies has long since passed.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, blot said:

Are we 100% sure it is legit?

Easy way to find out, someone ask him if its him and to post a short video clip of himself saying its him, on the actual twitter account.

Hes got nothing to lose if it is him.

Edited by festershinetop
extras reasoning
  • Like 1

Considering he had Simon's review of his ZX Spectrum Compedium pulled from Amazon.Co.Uk a few days ago and certain other activities of his regarding Amazon in past 10 days,  my money is firmly in the not him camp.

It just doesn't gel with what's happened. 

Also,why so vague with everything? 

The identity of one 1 prominent  5 star reviewer and the reviews themselves were dealt with,the latter aspect only a week or so ago.

That just leaves the Retro Girl account as the main offender.

And that's been used to attack Chris Wilkins books,that aspect is not mentioned in the Tweets.

Nor is Kieren leaving replies to Amazon reviews calling them abusive and in case of Nez review, claiming he had an agenda. 

Kieren referers to Retro Gamer Magazine,  these tweets reference  compouter (deliberate spelling mistake in the tweet) not games magazines (Gamestm and RetroGamer magazine). 

And if it's him why no apologies to Hannah,Sarah, Chris, Craig, DJ Slopes Guru Larry, Jamie (RVG), Greyfox,Atari Age,Reboot..many others.

Why no apologies to those he named as supporters who were anything but, in that 15 page statement back along? 

Why use Twitter?

Especially after the recent..I operate no other accounts posts of FB and later Twitter 

An apology video on YT with comments section left open would be the way to do a redemption apology,  then Twitter linking to video.

All seems very rum,very rum indeed. 

Edited by Lost Dragon

The last official tweets from him:

It definitely wasn't official if it does exist as I know one of the coders of C64 Gauntlet and he's never heard of it. Also the original Gauntlet didn't come out on the Amiga, only the Atari ST.

OdYC74bA_x96.png

So I've just learned that one of the people who spread sick rumours about me, did lots of the shit stirring, made fake accounts and even made up lies about my wife and family got caught sending dick pics to women on Twitter. Yet certain people seem to be covering it up . . . .

That's 100% Kieren. 

Vague, desperate for reaction tweet and I know the coder.. 

Yeah, don't think of pointing them in direction of a site that could explain C64 Gauntlet and no speech :

Big yourself up as the expert. 

Chalk up yet another sock puppet account. 
Edited by Lost Dragon