IGNORED

The review of A-Z of Atari ST Games Volume 3 book RetroLaird is trying to delete!

GAMINGForgotten Teletext Version of Worms Discovered Again!

The boy blunder falls for an April Fools Joke by Team 17 and promptly reports it as News on Geekly. Niiice. 

https://geekly.co.uk/forgotten-teletext-version-of-worms-discovered-again/

Not only that, but he tries to give the air that he remembers it clearly!

It's even got April 1 in the shots ffs.

On top of which, we get a classic molerat nonsense moment 'Forgotten...Discovered Again!' what?

https://www.team17.com/worms-for-teletext-the-story-behind-a-long-lost-technical-marvel/worms/

Original Spoof piece on T17 official website.

On 7/5/2020 at 10:13 AM, ∞ Vince ∞ said:

GAMINGForgotten Teletext Version of Worms Discovered Again!

The boy blunder falls for an April Fools Joke by Team 17 and promptly reports it as News on Geekly. Niiice. 

https://geekly.co.uk/forgotten-teletext-version-of-worms-discovered-again/

Not only that, but he tries to give the air that he remembers it clearly!

It's even got April 1 in the shots ffs.

On top of which, we get a classic molerat nonsense moment 'Forgotten...Discovered Again!' what?

https://www.team17.com/worms-for-teletext-the-story-behind-a-long-lost-technical-marvel/worms/

Original Spoof piece on T17 official website.

IS that really Kieren? I know the guy is thick as pig shit, but C'mon, no one could be THIS FUCKING STUPID?! Really? Got to be someone taking the piss.

I really do hope it is Liard though. That would be fantastic :D

56 minutes ago, markopoloman said:

I really do hope it is Liard though. That would be fantastic :D

Team 17 posted the spoof to their website, Kizza pops up and regurgitates it as news; Throws into the mix the implication he remembers it well. 

2 hours ago, Welshworrier said:

Proof he's still reading here  ;)

Look at the comments on the geekly story.

If only he hadn't deleted all those Twitter posts where he was discussing it..

Screenshot_20200709_102654.jpg

Oooooooooooooooooooooooh! He was involved in creating this April Fools! Of course he was. So Liard, as you are reading this and you a pretty much known as one of the biggest bullshitters on the internet, lets see some hard proof. Maybe you are telling the truth - would make a change, but you never know!

Also, had you actually written that article knowing it was an April Fools - wouldn't you have stated it somewhere?

• Like 3

So, you've dediced upon your young daughter's sexual orientation without her deciding what she really wants? Damn, what a way to virtue signal Kieren. About your feelings in regards to Nintendo platforms: Dude, I still remember your post at your Facebook when you promoted one of Guru Larry's videos throwing shade at Nintendo fans so don't lie about it. You may claim you have a 3DS but that doesn't change the fact you like throwing shit at Nintendo every now and then.

• Like 1

one thing that I found interesting is how Jizza attempts to convey a sense of knowledge about the game, it reads that he distinctly remembers it, that it was released on 1st Jan exactly, despite the T17 spoof not saying that at all, that it was up six weeks to T17, but 'just under 3 months' to Jizza. If he had put 'removed exactly 3 months later' then you might believe his 'clues' but did he really have the inside track at Team 17?

And lastly, seems to have cribbed the whole 'do you remember' bit from a guy called Peter Ward over on http://www.retrogamesmaster.co.uk/ , now Peter may have seen Jizza's article first, but knowing Jizza's M.O, what do we think is more likely?

Over on RVG it is clear they know it is a spoof, because the date placement right above the 'title screen'. You are here: 

Do you remember Teletext Worms?

I might be wrong, but go see for yourself.

____
The biggest clue that this was a spoof would not be the date, not that Teletext was incapable of being so responsive, but the missing copyright notice.

____

The T17 article is bloody hilarious. How he never twigged...

Sadly, all source code and art assets for Worms For Teletext were tragically lost in the summer of 1998 when a junior programmer accidentally spilled a large jug of Dandelion & Burdock over an Amiga 4000, frazzling the hard drive within. We all promptly forgot about the game and hadn’t paid it another thought until it was re-discovered this week.

As a rule - as a safeguard against the manifestation of my own character flaws - I DO NOT pile on.  When I see a person drowning in a sea of detractors, I immediately sense both the urge to join in the revelry and the opportunity to train myself against that impulse.  However, in this case, I think there is also an outsider perspective; a "buyer beware" angle that matters.

I noticed "Laird's Lair" on YouTube about a year ago and immediately subscribed.  The quality of the work was gritty and unrefined in a way that I often mistake for also being authentic; and I wanted to support it for that reason.  Another thing that I liked about his videos - and this gets to the point - was that he was talking about vintage prototypes and insider experiences that NO ONE else was.  Retro Recipes, Retro Man Cave, Modern Vintage Gamer, 8-But Guy, etcetera, etcetera, all cover essentially the same limited number and variety of things and they all do it in their own way.  But "Laird" seemed to have the inside scoop about things and people that others simply did not.  I ignored the hard-hearted review content and focused on the historical game and computing content; of which his exclusive experience with, and access to, seemed...incredible.

Funny word, that.  In-Credible.  We use it now to be something akin to astounding, amazing, even excellent.  But as I look back, "In-Credible" was, in fact, what it was; not credible.  So many were the subjects he covered that even the best out there didn't - producers with production qualities I was sure also meant qualities of access and research - that I started looking for answers to why it was the case.  It didn't take long for me to learn that that much of "Laird's" work was utter bollocks.  I found some cases of prototypes painted into existence using Photoshop, and other cases of interview text having been taken verbatim from others' work.  Needless to say, I unsubscribed and moved on with my life.

Let it be said again.  If a thing appears, to you, too good to be true, then it is probably...the work of a self-absorbed, two-faced, possibly-schizophrenic, almost-certainly-pathologically-lying man child; with a previously delusional, but now wholly self-fulfilled, persecution complex.  Damn.  I piled on after all.

Edited by pixelmischief
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

I love how stupid Kieren is, he simply has no clue what he's talking about, and has hung himself by his own petard!

So, if you check out one of the screenshots, the last screenshot has "Ninja Rope  < Airstrike < Holy Hand Gre" written in it.

"Holy Hand Gre" refers to "Holy Hand Grenade".

So far so good, nothing wrong with that.... or is there?

Considering the article states that the Teletext version came about because " “In line with bringing our popular Amiga title to home consoles"

Can you see the problem yet?  The Holy Hand Grenade wasn't in the original Worms, in fact it wasn't introduced until Worms: The Directors Cut in 1997.

The Amiga version of Worms was 1995, all other versions arrived soon after.  I'm amused that Kieren "thinks" that the Teletext version that he remembers playing, that was based on the Amiga version, had features the Amiga version and NO other version would have until two years later in another Worms game!!!

But then are we surprised?  No, because Kieren does no research whatsoever, you know, like claiming Psygnosis "STOLE" the cover art for Agony from a Spectrum games publisher in the early 80's.

Stupid boy!

• Like 2

On 7/5/2020 at 6:41 PM, blot said:

17’s PR Manager April Loofs

How did he not notice this and the date on the screenshots?

He was the one who made that April Loofs name, that's not on the Team17 page, nor is the fake quote from the PR manager.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Galahad said:

I love how stupid Kieren is, he simply has no clue what he's talking about, and has hung himself by his own petard!

So, if you check out one of the screenshots, the last screenshot has "Ninja Rope  < Airstrike < Holy Hand Gre" written in it.

"Holy Hand Gre" refers to "Holy Hand Grenade".

So far so good, nothing wrong with that.... or is there?

Considering the article states that the Teletext version came about because " “In line with bringing our popular Amiga title to home consoles"

Can you see the problem yet?  The Holy Hand Grenade wasn't in the original Worms, in fact it wasn't introduced until Worms: The Directors Cut in 1997.

That's a good catch, Galahad. 

16 hours ago, Mindlink said:

He was the one who made that April Loofs name, that's not on the Team17 page, nor is the fake quote from the PR manager.

|Thanks for clarifying that, Mr 1 post...

Priceless. 

"I Didn't!" Then goes on to explain that, contrary to what he has just said, he did delete the channel. 

It doesn't matter if Kevin the Gerbil from Roland Rat had his hand forced to delete it (as he feels) or not, he did delete it, but in explaining that he did he still can't bring himself to believe it!

Nothing he says is true.

Pathological lying. Pathological lying, also known as mythomania and pseudologia fantastica, is the chronic behaviour of compulsive or habitual lying. Unlike telling the occasional white lie to avoid hurting someone's feelings or getting in trouble, a pathological liar seems to lie for no apparent reason.

Untitled.png

Kevin the gerbil 1980s poser.jpg

3 hours ago, markopoloman said:

17000 people subbed to his channel?!

That's some HUGE puppet show! Also, at least I know where all the lost socks go :D

If you pay some dodgy company enough then yeah you can get all those subs and likes just like on his old twatter, and facebook; but they know and they (youtube and twatter at least) disable them eventually.

There are hundreds of people in Chinese computer based sweat shops stealing peoples names information and photos off facebook, instagram and other sites.

This is where a lot of the female profiles on dating sites come from. 

It is strange, he tells me he doesn't want fame, but look at him go right there!

Facebook doesn't disable the vast majority of fake or duplicate profiles.

I tried to get an old one of mine closed and 14? years later it is still there.

It has a picture of two large amplifiers / speakers.

Facebook doesn't disable fakes- so they can shout from the rooftops about how many 'users' they have- the real number is probably a 1/3rd.