RetroLiar

The review of A-Z of Atari ST Games Volume 3 book RetroLaird is trying to delete!

It's a fair call that if you are friends with Kieren people will be uncomfortable around you.

Look at what he's posted and done. Look at how he manipulates people. Can anyone be 100% sure anything personal or confidential they said wouldn't get back to him?

If you wonder why people would distance themselved from his known friends, just re-read this thread. 

Collateral damage is a thing.

There are only a handful of people orbiting Kieren I 100% do not and will not ever trust, and you, Felice are certainly NOT one of those, so be assured D-Bug/Reboot holds no ill towards you.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, agradeneu said:

Are you kidding? You cannot make those allegations without any proof to ANYONE. 

No, I'm far from kidding.

For someone who lists Social Media skills on their C.V to pick the most stereotypical image from within the game and thinks that's the one i want to use to illustrate the game to my readership,is pretty dire.

The publication is on sale via Amazon and Amazon have been made aware, it's that simple.

The bloody proof is there on the page for anyone who downloads a sample.

I want the book pulled and the image replaced,  not glorified.

It's bad enough seeing racism in my local town with 2 stereotypical racist characters riding the town bell,without seeing it in Retro publications.

It's not exactly the sort of claim i am going to make up about the guy, with so much else surrounding him.

Likes of Cat Despira can bang the attacks on creative thinkers drum till the proverbial livestock return home, but it was a poor choice indeed of imagery and i will be damned if i will promote it further.

It's obviously fine to those who reviewed the book and gave it top marks,  but for myself it's a throwback to an era in the UK i would rather forget.

That's my final say on the matter.

Edited by Lost Dragon

1 minute ago, Lost Dragon said:

No, I'm far from kidding.

For someone who lists Social Media skills on their C.V to pick the most stereotypical image from within the game and thinks that's the one i want to use to illustrate the game to my readership,is pretty dire.

The publication is on sale via Amazon and Amazon have been made aware, it's that simple.

The bloody proof is there on the page for anyone who downloads a sample.

I want the book pulled and the image replaced,  not glorified.

It's bad enough seeing racism in my local town with 2 stereotypical racist characters riding the town bell,without seeing it in Retro publications.

It's not exactly the sort of claim i am going to make up about the guy, with so much else surrounding him.

That's my final say on the matter.

Seriously, get over it and move on. You will end up looking much worse than the person you are trying to defeat. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, neo_rg said:

Hi Felice, long time no chat... On the subject of kieren, loads of people have been for want of a better word...

Manipulated by Kieren to meet his needs, as 'friends' to back him up when he gets into 'trouble'. Or as enablers,

he'll want you around because you can do things for him.  I myself and I'm sure the other members of Reboot

have no ill will against you 'just' because you've talked to Kieren. You've been duped along with quite a few people.

The weird thing is, I don't personally feel I was manipulated by or duped by Kieren. Maybe it is just me, but I got the impression that he kind of 'accepted' me as being slightly higher than him, bearing in mind my own personal involvement with the Atari side and also with the wider demoscene community. I never had any problem with him personally and do admit that at Play Blackpool last year I bought him a beer and we talked just about general gaming-related stuffs then.

Various people from my past who I am no longer associated with (fortunately) had tried to manipulate or dupe me, noone from the retrogaming scene or the demoscene is included within that. Not even Kieren or StarshipUK can I add to that; as I say. The people I'm largely talking about are those teachers who bullied and abused me when I was at school; also the management team at a well-known supermarket in the town I was born where I worked at for a while, but maybe this is getting a bit TL;DR.

Anyways, @neo_rg I have always respected you and all other members of Reboot & D-Bug, hope all is well with everyone in the groups, look forward to more new releases soon :)

15 hours ago, tomasparks said:

*starts eating popcorn*

You're going to need a lot more popcorn.

• Like 1