IGNORED

The review of A-Z of Atari ST Games Volume 3 book RetroLaird is trying to delete!

52 minutes ago, Welshworrier said:

As we've since all become aware the special footage store appears to be obscure YT posters.

Speaking of, turns out there's a Kieren quote for every occasion:

image.png.26efdd1b45aefc44083a92a982b290b2.png

I've let them know in the comments.  I'm sure there's many more.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

I feel sad for him. 

Did he really think after a decade+ of causing trouble and posting wild, unbased lies and hate towards others it wouldn't come full circle at some point and land back at his doorstep with a mountain of proof?

image.png.baf1febea3cdd07d4d87486dba0c6301.png

I'm not going to make light of mental health issues, but kieren,  you simply cannot claim you suspended your Twitter account as your mental health was so bad you were unable to function properly,  yet during the same time period, you were out there on YOU TUBE pushing out the following videos and ENGAGING IN CONVERSATION with people in the comments section of them.

In no particular order :

Four Play: Chase H.Q

Story Of: 5 failed consoles..

Four Play: Roadblasters 

Over 50:Dreamcast Games 

Crash Zx Spectrum Part 1

Every Activision 2600 game

Story Of Tetris 2

That is an awful lot of content and your seen engaging in rational exchanges in all of those videos, explaining your sources of information, your thoughts on games and so on and so on.

7 days ago, your seen exchanging messages with Critter Hunter in the comments section, bigging up your research roles and friendship with Nostaliga Nerd and Octav1us Kitten 

4 days ago your seen talking sources for your Tetris II stories with Fuxoft, after he corrected your claims.

3 days ago your talking camera work with M.Wells 

A week ago your Lynx history with Pixels Ltd. 

YT Audio copyright strikes with desertrat 810.

You've just proven you were of a rational state of mind and actively seeking engagement via the medium of social media, rather than unable to focus,engage, interact with others, take critiscm etc.

You were NOT neglecting your hobbies and interests, far,far from it.

if you were at the point you claim, you would be struggling to function with the basics such a feeding, clothing and bathing yourself.

Your own social media channels are your own damnation Sir..

Edited by Lost Dragon
  • Like 1

Since the Forza77 account has been mysteriously deleted in the last 24 hours, it would be a shame not to remember Kieren's Jason's Jane's wise words. I wonder if Kieren Beast 666 Rogue Trooper will also vanish shortly?

beast_and_forza_could_not_make_it_to_event.png

forza_and_beast_buying_master_system_book.png

forza_what_event_so_i_can_get_book_signed.png

beast_and_forza_buying_2600_and_7800_books.png

Edited by RetroLiar
Rogue Trooper comment added
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Welshworrier said:

Looking back it finally hit me what the main issue is (YMMV).

Bias.

When an article in a magazine, yt clip or even on TV/radio appears you always have to believe the journalist or presenter is giving you an unbiased report. Whenever you get anything that has been fingered by Mr hawken you cannot believe that any more. Professional integrity is key to being seen as a credible 'journalist' but as keiren has pursued his scorched earth policies, moving from one forum to another after banning, using fake accounts to promote his own work, deleting historical works to maintain his 'image' then you can no longer assume non-bias. His integrity is shot.

An example here was when my eldest son received a retro book as a Christmas present. Inside was an article on the 20th anniversary of the Atari jaguar, and top ten games written by he who should not be named. In the article there was not one mention of the work done by reboot or atariage but veneration of titles such as Gorf and the incomplete BIWN. I.e. people he admired. He then went into discussing the homebrew future and mentioned Vladr and even quoted Jeffrey (of wave 1 game fame). No pretense of impartiality, just petty partisanship - Jeff being the moderator on the FB group Keiren had set up. 

He did a YT review of the C64 mini which was the best thing on the planet... Without mentioning in the video he had a financial interest with the publisher and had boasted about choosing the games to include.

When comments are made to correct his errors e.g. when called out on the psx version of doom being incorrect in a comparison video (as it had been run under an incomplete emulator) he explained it was down to his special footage that he had not actually recorded. He then used the same incorrect footage in another video 2 weeks later. As we've since all become aware the special footage store appears to be obscure YT posters.

When a  "serious expert and journalist" shows such bias, errors and distain for their target (and shrinking) audience again and again - you have to ask why anybody believes what they produce.

RG covering the Jaguar was a bloody mare for as far back as i can remember,  John Sczpaniek used the likes of Jane Whittaker and Gorf as credible sources. 

As for Kieren and bias..tell me about it.

As a C64 and 800XL owner, i used to cringe with embarrassment when ever he was given a coin-op feature which would include a home conversions box out.

He would begrudgingly acknowledge how good a C64 version turned out and overlook any flaws on the A8 version.

But when he was asked to write minority reports for other systems, he really started making a fool of himself.

The Acorn A3000 Minority Report a prime example :

The E Type Compendium did not contain E Type 2,just  E Type, E Type Extra 100 miles and E Type Track Designer.

Apocalypse:He praised for it's fantastic in-gane music,  it never had any!!!

Just lots of bangs, explosions and a sample of the Daleks from the story Genesis Of The Daleks at the end of the game.

The idiot had just gone to YT, watched some footage and not realised the video creator had put a music track over the footage to make video more appealing. 

Always a risk using others footage. 

Or how about when he did company profile articles, crediting Alexander Holland for working on SNES Starfox 2 when he joined Argonaut. 

Argonaut killed the game 3 years before Alex joined.

Here's Kieren trying to hide his I.D when we pulled his Lynx article for RetroGamer magazine apart:

• Looking at that issue of the magazine, the 3 million figure is not actually a direct quote, nor is it attributed to a specific person in the article. As the Atari Age thread notes, this seems an exaggeration of a claim pushed on Daryl Still in an interview in which he agrees with the interviewer that the system probably sold "about 2.5 million units," but specifically states he does not know the number. This is exactly how misinformation gets spread. I like Retro Gamer a lot and often rely on its interviews, but this seems like sloppy research. Indrian (talk) 19:37, 14 March 2016 (UTC)

Actually in the article it clearly attributes the figure to ex-marketing manager Darryl Still. Sales figures such as this CANNOT be used in Retro Gamer unless they can be verified. This is a very strict requirement of the magazine. Many of the comments on AtariAge are nothing but trolling based on a dislike some of the members have their for the author of this article. I believe the figure, which was discussed at length by staff and readers, was broken down to US sales (500,000), French sales (1 million), UK sales (1 million) and rest of world (450,000). The "pushed" interview you speak of was on the website Retro Video Gamer and no such pushing took place, Darryl merely agreed with an estimate by the author. When this was followed up on in the Retro Gamer article more research was done into obtaining the figure and the facts and using a mix of press coverage (which exists to prove the French, UK and US sales already) and reports of ex-Atari staff the just under 3 million figure was reached. Retro Gamer would not have printed this figure or allowed it to be quoted unless it had been verified at source, and that is why Retro Gamer are considered a verified source by Wikipedia. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 212.42.1.220 (talk) 12:58, 16 March 2016 (UTC)

In fact looking at the AtariAge link Lost Dragon/Rogue Trooper/Ross Silifant/Last Shogun and all the other names he uses is a know trouble maker who was banned from the Retro Gamer forum because of his antics and personal crusades to troll the Editor and staff. So that says it all! — Preceding unsigned comment added by 212.42.1.220 (talk) 13:04, 16 March 2016 (UTC)

The anonymous user ISP was traced back to his then place of work, Cilinton Cards..

To claim things have to be verified before they appear in RG magazine is the biggest running joke,ever..

They let Jez San, Jane Whittaker,  Martin Hooley, Mark Cale etc revise history, gave out incorrect price for PS Vita Tx3, allowed a junior artist take credit for Jim Sachs work...

and who the f##k was the Last Shogun? 

The moron meant Lost Dragon. 

And having renamed Beast 666 as Rogue Trooper,  Kieren has just dug himself deeper.

Darryl simply said he probably knew Lynx sales whilst working at Atari UK, but did not know these days, Kieren pushes a figure into the interview and Darryl says it might have been along those lines.

Next thing you know,it's been established as fact.

Kieren, the mental health champion at work:

The Laird

Re: Why are nintendo fans

Post Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:52 pm

will2097 wrote:Even the Jaguar community can get very very arsey if you annoy them enough.
The Jaguar community are a bunch of raving dellusional nutjobs, thankfully they stay in their little troll hole on Atari Age so generally don't bother the wider retro community much. The only people as bad as them are the Neo Geo crowd, half of them need locking up!

Laird warned by RG magazine editor over trolling Nintendo threads :

Darran@Retro Gamer

Nintendo bashing and being a forum troll 

Post Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:11 am

I am getting sick and tired off hearing about the Nintendo Trolling that goes on this forum. You're all supposed to be adult men and yet you're acting like little kids. We get it people like Halcyon Daze, DreamcastRIP and The Laird don't like Nintendo. Just deal with it and accept that some people do. If you don't like Nintendo then stay out of the threads and stop winding people up. I've had five people the last week say they are leaving because of the aggressive bullying on this forum. And it is bullying no matter how you want to dress it up.

Yet laird now running to social media saying he's be subject of bullying and abuse.. 

Put out a couple of NES books :

Edited by Lost Dragon

The Laird wrote:
Sephiroth81 wrote:I briefly went off topic because you were becoming obnoxious, and I seem to remember you became hissy after I made a few comments about the Atari ST. If the cliched "Spec Savers" comment is some sort of pedantic dig at you not giving Lemmings 10/10 on the master system, then well done. SORRY, you gave it 9/10 (also well over the top), and gave Speedball 2 10/10 instead. Another in about 600 games you've given 10/10, nearly all of them unwarranting of such a perfect score.

I love Speedball 2, its one of my all time favourite games, but even the Amiga version would struggle to get 10/10, let alone the poor Master System port. You just give it out like a teacher gives out Smiley face stickers.
Not that it really has anything to do with this thread but seen as you are continuing to make personal insults I will reply. If you bothered to read the ratings system you would see that 10 means an example of one of the best games on the system, whether the Amiga version is better bears no consequence whatsoever. Out of nearly 80 SMS reviews, 6 got a 10. So in other words 6 games were picked out as the best on the system. I can only assume you added those two extra zeros by mistake. But yeah, you keep on trolling and dragging this thread further into the mire. :roll:

Speedball 2 on the Master System is a poor version of a great game, and an overall reflection is that its a very average Master System game. There are plenty of MS games that are better. Your reviews are flawed, poorly written and your tendency to now nit-pick points of clearly intended exaggeration show you might not be the best contributor to forums. You're far too defensive, take criticism far too seriously, as its not a personal insult - your reviews are just poor and ill judged. Some of the posts I have observed on this forum by you are equally as poor and demonstrate your short temper and inability to take opinions in good spirits and accept them. I'd be fine about your opinion on the Atari ST if you weren't such a d**k about it.

Hmnm, so either so,so many people who've encountered Laird are themselves at fault, or he has a serious social skills issue that has gotten him to the stage he finds himself in now...

Edited by Lost Dragon

1 hour ago, Lost Dragon said:
  •  

Actually in the article it clearly attributes the figure to ex-marketing manager Darryl Still. Sales figures such as this CANNOT be used in Retro Gamer unless they can be verified. This is a very strict requirement of the magazine. Many of the comments on AtariAge are nothing but trolling based on a dislike some of the members have their for the author of this article. I believe the figure, which was discussed at length by staff and readers, was broken down to US sales (500,000), French sales (1 million), UK sales (1 million) and rest of world (450,000). The "pushed" interview you speak of was on the website Retro Video Gamer and no such pushing took place, Darryl merely agreed with an estimate by the author. When this was followed up on in the Retro Gamer article more research was done into obtaining the figure and the facts and using a mix of press coverage (which exists to prove the French, UK and US sales already) and reports of ex-Atari staff the just under 3 million figure was reached. Retro Gamer would not have printed this figure or allowed it to be quoted unless it had been verified at source, and that is why Retro Gamer are considered a verified source by Wikipedia. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 212.42.1.220 (talk) 12:58, 16 March 2016 (UTC)

In fact looking at the AtariAge link Lost Dragon/Rogue Trooper/Ross Silifant/Last Shogun and all the other names he uses is a know trouble maker who was banned from the Retro Gamer forum because of his antics and personal crusades to troll the Editor and staff. So that says it all! — Preceding unsigned comment added by 212.42.1.220 (talk) 13:04, 16 March 2016 (UTC)

The anonymous user ISP was traced back to his then place of work, Cilinton Cards..

If you follow the Wikipedia text further it says Signature gifts.

"I believe that if you reverse IP 212.42.1.220 you end up at signature gifts, which is where Kieren Hawken worked at the time of that statement (and the follow up trying to discredit Ross Silifant). Given the source of the figure, and who potentially is anonymously trying to verify it, then I would say a WP:CoI — Preceding unsigned comment added by StraightDown (talk • contribs) 23:36, 15 March 2018 (UTC)

@StraightDown: I think i found another source where there's an approximation as to how many were sold, it's not a internal paperwork but at least it's something...

http://ftp.pigwa.net/stuff/mirror/www.atari-explorer.com/lynx.html User:KGRAMR (talk) 15:5, 23 March 2018 (UTC)"

Mind you the "big boy did it and ran away defence" came into play and a "Jason Johnson" claimed to have done it.

That account is no longer on Facebook so I guess it was a fake one. Historically I'm guessing he was having a conversation with himself there.

IMG_20170804_215325.jpg

IMG_20170804_215258.jpg

• Like 1

Ahhh, so that was the actual name of the place.

My bad.

He used to mention working at a gift card company whilst posting on RetroGamer forum and that it was one of the big ones,  mind you, he also gave 2 alternative accounts of why he no longer worked at Santander bank, but we won't go there :-)) 

As for the J.J comments :-)) 

Banned from RVG?

Jamie is a member here and can easily confirm that's utter rubbish, as is Trek MD is he not? and J.J my lovely,  why would a forum use an interview i did with Les Player, you know, the one Kieren ( you spelt his name wrong there as well),  demanded they remove or he would quit and take all his content with him, if they had banned me?

They,unlike that echo chamber that calls itself JSIII, had some morals,stood up to kieren, so off he scuttled along with Rush and a few other familiars, claiming the forum would die without him (not only is it still going,but it's now an Indie Software Publishing label) and that kieren had so much unused content, he would now have to use elsewhere.

Well, we waited and waited and waited to see said unused content

In over 6 years of RG magazine work, Heypoorplayer, Gamespew etc articles,  nothing.

His A to Z guides.. nothing (except the very game reviews he had put up on RVG and i had to correct for him..A8 Druid NOT strictly SP,  ST Robocop NOT 100% based on Data East Coin-Op)

Regarding Marty:Sorry,but he clearly was NOT aware Atari UK had annouced the 5200 to replace the aging 2600 and then made a further announcement to say due to the US crash it would not be coming.

Nor was he aware of Atari UK showing the 7800 at a London Show, hardware and games priced, only for Atari UK Boss Bob Gleadow to convince the US arm the XE GS was more suited to the UK,so the 7800 limped out in last place, leaving Atari in the situation of having the 2600, XE GS and 7800 all fighting for the same limited market share of the 8-bit cartridge based games console.

Neither he nor Laird knew of the brief, but bitter battle between Sir Clive Sinclair with the QL and The Tramiels with the ST.

Marty was also incorrect to state the only Panther games were Cybermorph (never a Panther title), Crescent Galaxy (ditto) and Plasma Pong.

He was not aware of Shadow Of The Beast being started, nor The Crypt being moved from Konix to Panther,that's before you look at Jeff Minter's inital work on his planned Star Raiders meets Ian M.Banks game etc

As for Nolan Bushnell interview laird did..comedy gold.

Slagged off the Tramiel family for how they handled the company,  then, begging Leonard Tramiel for an interview for RG magazine (after Leonard handed him his ass over his 'fake news' Pixel Nation article on the Panther),  Kieren described Jack Tramiel as a great man.

He never did get that interview with Leonard,  nor John Carmack,  that's why his last Jaguar article for RG magazine turned out as it did. 

The teacher training part of  the Nolan interview, i was gobsmacked he had left in

Nolan talking about the educational software for schools he had produced, was looking to get it into UK schools,  Kieren steps up saying he could help with that, as he's a teacher.. 

Nolan, being delighted to hear such news, thinks fantastic and takes subject forward, Kieren then drops da bomb, um,  i am not actually a teacher, but i would like to be..

See again here Kieren,  my landladies son (and friend of mine), is finishing his teacher training in June this year and a close friend of mine has just started hers and she's setting out on a career as a special needs teacher,  just been chatting to her about the red tape they throw your way when you try and be an Autism Champion,  so it's a subject matter I do have a basic understanding in.

Unlike yourself, clearly.

And no i am not deaf, have lost upper range frequency hearing and suffer chronic tinnitus, due to having been a welder/fabricator for 11 years of my working life ( have you held a full time job that long?), it also left me with a long term back injury, hence 2 career path changes, but i am still in full time employment now ta.

I don't plan to set up a Twitter account to WAHHH about any of my ailments,  hospital stay last year etc. 

Had my long service award at present job last year, now heading into my 16th year there now.

For a raving nutjob, asshole etc etc, how do I manage to find employment and stay in it?

Why have credible sites used me as a researcher on site and in lifetime projects? 

Why did Jamie ask me to rejoin RVG a few years back? 

Actually Kieren, is there anything you want to tell US about your time on RVG, role wise and how you presented that role to others? 

Just have a little think on that one.

Edited by Lost Dragon

7 minutes ago, LinkoVitch said:

Did he get his Teaching qualification at the same time as he trained to be a chef I wonder? ;)

The video is here:

Audio levels are all over the shop, plus there's a constant,annoying bleeping 

24:50 Nolan starts talking about the educational software,  Kieren pipes up that he's actually LOOKING (I will say that again, looking, as in considering, not actually in teacher training) to be a teacher...

Nolan,having stated he woukd like Kieren to "lead the charge" getting his software into UK schools, asks kieren what do you teach?

No reply, so Nolan repeats the question.. 

Kieren goes into full on swerve and deflection mode, waffles on about having spent much of his life in retail, he's also a writer, he injured his foot etc , teaching always seemed a natural fit for him,he had talked to career advisors,  wanted to teach primary school kids, no specific subject.

Kieren,Nolan asked you a very SIMPLE and very SPECIFIC question..

WHAT DO YOU TEACH?

The answer you should of given the man is:

Currently NOTHING as I am only looking at the possibility of being a teacher,it is something I would very much like to do, but at this moment in time, I am not in training for any teaching role.

Sorry if my earlier comment suggested I was currently undergoing training to be a teacher.

Way to go Kieren,  you couldn't even bring yourself to give Nolan Bushnell a straight answer. 

What did Leonard Tramiel make of your comments kieren about the Tramiel family being "all about how much money they could put in their pockets, with out taking any out" and you finding it "hard to understand their business sense"? 

You did put this to Leonard when approaching him for that RG interview,  right?

Listening back to that interview,  I did feel sorry for you.

If you had done what my friends are currently doing and put in the bloody hard graft that is teacher training, you could of been onto something there with what Nolan offered..

Instead you ended up a freelance writer for RG magazine for a few years, now a guest writer for others and with a failed crowd funding book project of your own behind you (8% funding, 68 backers, that's a failure if ever there was), your clearly desperate not to lose Paul Andrews.

What could of been, eh?

Still your YT channel is doing great no doubt, so maybe it was the right decision. 

What would a raving nutjob like myself know about career paths.

On 2/6/2020 at 9:28 PM, Funkyspectrum said:

is that you preston ! bloody hell i did not think you would be here you have been dragged into this too ! :o i hope you are doing ok mate !

yeah, it's me and someone is trying to drag me into the mess but I have no interest in it.
I have lot more important things to deal with.

1 hour ago, morcar said:

yeah, it's me and someone is trying to drag me into the mess but I have no interest in it.
I have lot more important things to deal with.

That is how Kieren has managed to run with this for so many years, from site to site, damaging people as he goes.

All it takes is for everyone he's screwed over to make a statement and move on, but most people think he isn't worth the effort.  Until we end up here.

I had never sent any links to press reviews of my releases to my Dad (he's passed away now) to show him what I was doing because Kieren *always* flooded the comments with hate and lies..  He'd have loved them, but never got to see them.

Everyone saying "Just ignore him" has no idea what being constantly targeted by someone like this is like.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Regarding Kieren and his comment to Darryl Still about people making his life hell over his Jaguar articles etc.

You had no qualms going after fellow a fellow RG writer, Adam Bucanan, did you Kieren? 

The Laird

Re: Retro Gamer Issue 112 - Feedback Thread

Post Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:44 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:
The Laird wrote:I was excited by the Mega Drive collectors guide until I saw it was written by the same person who did the infamous NES collectors guide and so that ruined it for me.
Have you read it yet? I'd hope lessons have been learned so wouldn't write it off.
Yes and it has a number of errors including:

- Saying the EA sports games were an infection on the system when they were one of the biggest reasons the MD sold so well. Precisely why, in the US especially, the MD/Genesis was known as the "sports console" and thus became the first console to really appeal to casual gamer male adults, way before the PS1.
- Saying the Mega Drive launch was over shadowed by the release of Super Mario Bros. 3 on NES. There was no relevance in mentioning the release of a NES game at all.
- Listing Thunderforce III as one of the rarest PAL releases when it never got a PAL release. Just because some importer sold imports with a German manual it doesn't make it official. Telegames used to sell imports with translated manuals, doesn't make them official.
- Top Import Games lists Golden Axe 3, which is widely considered to be crap and Magical Turbo Hat even though its the same game as Decap Attack.
- Rarest PAL games lists The Punisher, which isn't that rare considering I bought one not so long ago for £28.
- No mention at all of the holy grail that is MD Tetris.
- Bizarrely no mention of 6 button control pads either anywhere in the article, these were essential for games like Street Fighter II.

7 minutes ago, Funkyspectrum said:

that jason johnson account is 100% kieren as he told me it was when he was making trouble with it on a zx spectrum facebook group !

Sorry, but "he said, she said" is just playing his game.   This is a thread about facts... dig him out saying it and that's fine.

• Like 1

You want any 1 star Amazon reviews of your own A to Z guides pulled from Amazon and you have your Patreons leave comments saying any such reviews are out to damage your livelyhood, don't you Kieren (or you did until Marc Slorance was outted as a Patreon supporter of yours), but again you have no moral issues doing the same to others:

1 star

Showing 1-1 of 1 reviews

Customer images
71OkZsMdfAL._CR0,204,1224,1224_UX256.jpg81RMQEU2DtL._CR0,63,1352,1352_UX256.jpg
 Lazy and Poorly Researched
8 December 2019
Format: Kindle Edition
I loved Ocean's games growing up but I did not love this book. It's poorly researched with loads of conflicting facts - for example the owners talking about not making any games for the Atari computers when they made loads! It almost completely skips over their later years - especially the 32-bit era and the writing is poor throughout. A real missed opportunity to celebrate Britain's most famous software company.

And if your going to attack a book for lack of Atari coverage, at least try and string a coherent sentence together when making the complaint.

Your hand wringing because Chris didn't cover the handful of Ocean Atari 8-bit titles:

Head Over Heels, which they sat on until the Hit Squad release and which is missing rooms from the  Jon Ritman original. 

Then we have the Imagine releases:

Arkanoid 

Green Beret, a title they themselves didn't want to code so passed onto an external team.

Leggit. 

Not sure people were banging down the doors for coverage myself.