Jump to content
RetroLiar

The review of A-Z of Atari ST Games Volume 3 book RetroLaird is trying to delete!

Recommended Posts

A small addendum to the Oliver Twins book information.
No doubt Moley will pounce on the tiny errors within, but have at it MoleyMo!

 

2020-03-31_18-58-29.png

Edited by Landstalker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Landstalker said:

A small addendum to the Oliver Twins book information.
No doubt Moley will pounce on the tiny errors within, but have at it MoleyMo!

 

2020-03-31_18-58-29.png

i have really wondered about this and why in gods name anyone employs him to write anything. he could not write a parking ticket. until i saw that review that kicked this all off i had no idea how unprofessional his writing was, having only heard about it mainly through posts he'd made himself talking about how great he was at it. 

i was absolutely stunned. i mean, there is unprofessional writing and then there is writing that probably wouldn't pass muster for a primary school summer project. 

so, all these projects he's unfortunately darkened by his involvement have just mainly had him on board "in case he rocks the boat if he's not allowed" and then have to basically use his writing as a mere shell and build actual proper text atop this ? the mind boggles. 

then when he talks of having complete creative control on his own books and how he can really do what he wants he apparently turns in books, time after time, that are borderline unreadable and certainly the work of someone with no creative or literary flair whatsoever. there must be several neurons not synapsing correctly as it takes a special kind of arrogance to unleash such low quality content to market before proclaiming them to be works of award winning genius. 

it is all very bizarre and very, very sad. 

 

as people have said above, and they are right, there's not much more impartial than a court of law. be careful what you request, kieren, as it's on the horizon. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Landstalker said:

A small addendum to the Oliver Twins book information.
No doubt Moley will pounce on the tiny errors within, but have at it MoleyMo!

 

2020-03-31_18-58-29.png

Well that's quite an astonishing 'testimonial'.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Landstalker said:

A small addendum to the Oliver Twins book information.
No doubt Moley will pounce on the tiny errors within, but have at it MoleyMo!

 

2020-03-31_18-58-29.png

As is quite widely known, this modus operandi was obligatory for his "professional" journalistic submissions as well.
Currently enjoying a little light-reading.
The introduction alone leaves a lot to be desired.
A Compendium of ZX Spectrum Games - Volume One

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Retrobob said:

Well that's quite an astonishing 'testimonial'.

You would say that, though wouldn't you Bob ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading that you could pretty much just remove the right hand side of the conversation, as he barely even acknowledges most of what is being said to him, he clearly just wants to say his piece and the other participant of the conversation could literally be a wall.  It's almost like he has scripted it even before starting the chat!

Is he really charging £1000 for his writing too? 20p a word? for stuff that requires extensive reworking before going to print? 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LinkoVitch said:

Reading that you could pretty much just remove the right hand side of the conversation, as he barely even acknowledges most of what is being said to him, he clearly just wants to say his piece and the other participant of the conversation could literally be a wall.  It's almost like he has scripted it even before starting the chat!

Is he really charging £1000 for his writing too? 20p a word? for stuff that requires extensive reworking before going to print? 

No kidding. His complete lack of self-awareness is actually terrifying. And I'm sure the "£1000" he was claiming to be owed was greatly exaggerated. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Albert said:

Does Kieren Hawken ever tell the truth about anything??

His name. But only when he wants to take credit for something, never when he is trolling.

 

RE: the latest conversation dumps from Landstalker on page 39, one of them is completely new to me but I’m already prepping the conversation threads and evidence covering his exit from Revival so I’ll add it to my list. Worth mentioning that regarding a fire - the fire made the regional newspaper and my photos of the £4000 worth of arcade machines that went up in flames are on my Facebook, the fucking idiot. Everyone who has ever been to my storage unit saw the big hole in the ground where the factory used to stand. So no idea why that’s even being brought up.

 

2 hours ago, Lost Dragon said:

Octav1us :YES, has posted now and then.

 

Kim Justice :No idear, but until Kim comes forward about the alleged screen grabs, that issue is going to fester away.

 

 

They are all now fully aware as Chris saw many of them at an event in Margate in February and they all had good chance to talk it out and set the record straight in light of these revelations. I can’t comment on the others and me as I have no direct dialogue with most of them, but Sarah and I now have a full understanding and I had an apology, and Kim Justice did comment on both Chris’s initial angry Facebook post as well as on one of mine a few weeks ago, saying she is annoyed they were all deceived and has expressed an intention to come with other members of their circle to the next Revival in November to make amends. That wouldn’t be happening if they believed his lies.

 

 

 

49D3CB49-7B72-43F1-AAF9-6EE53170680D.jpeg

B63C3F0F-94ED-4C37-A3C9-AB3E01B9E6A7.jpeg

FDEC120E-355F-4C31-A0BF-73231E0AEFC9.jpeg

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, ∞ Vince ∞ said:

You would say that, though wouldn't you Bob ?

What do you mean?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to a keen contributor in the USA, there is a new track available called Lie When You Lie. I have had messages from several other people saying they are also working on tracks so there should be more music on the way soon.

 

Lie When You Lie

 

Previous track for those that missed it:

 

Good Ol' Mr. Atari

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone. Like many I've been lurking this thread for ages but felt I needed to come in especially with this talk of me screengrabbing posts -- specifically, ones where Chris Wilkins and Craig Turner had been badmouthing Octav1us.

 

The only post I screengrabbed is here, in this public tweet:

 

h2vzm5m.png

 

The blocked out person is, of course, Craig. That's it. As you see already, it's not like this was some tweet sent to Kieren through DM's or anything -- it was/is public. And that's it -- this was back in November 2018, and it's a post where Craig is passionately and rather acerbically defending Games Animal TV -- but clearly he doesn't specifically target anyone beyond the idea of Digitiser: The Show in this message, indirectly or otherwise. It's a defense, an opinion. This was all part of a load of banter that quickly got rather meanspirited on both sides for a day or two, at least until Mr Biffo came in and put a kibosh on the bitchfight. Certainly there's no ill will here -- it's in the past, although I do feel a bit of a twat now for screengrabbing it...again, things got unnecessarily mean so I apologise to Craig for that. As for Chris I didn't screengrab anything of his, nor do I recall him saying anything whatsoever during the whole exchange.

 

For Kieren to use this post, or more accurately allude to it, in such a way that manipulates Octav1us and raises her anxiety is beyond the pale. Just when you think this whole situation can't anger you any further, along comes something like this. And then you think that all those sockpuppet accounts were working overtime during the initial Digitiser run...

 

...You're a real bastard, Kieren.

 

Anyway, that's the mystery of the screengrab.

 

Edited by Kim Justice
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome Kim! Hah, remember that post from Craig actually, just saw it as defending Dave who wanted his own style on the show without condoning it in the process.

 

Yeah we are nearly at 1000 posts now... anyone expect a celebratory tweet from a sock puppet when we hit page 41?

 

Now I don't consider my own writing Pulitzer winning stuff (although people evidently seem to like it as part of various publications) but if I spend almost as much time proofing then I can obviously string two sentences together. Looking at some of the stuff that hasn't been mushed together into a resemblable whole by the likes of Chris W or Retro Gamer that came from Kieran... dear me. Dear deary me. The guy I used to work with who came from Hungary and had several years English learning as a child/teenager (prior to the Iron Curtain descending) wrote better English.

 

I won't publicly quote my usual price per word rate but £1000 owed on the Thalamus book is taking the piss. I also wrote some stuff for the same Thalamus book iirc and did I get pissed it was put on hold? No. Then again I wasn't told what I'd written was shit either...

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My sister works as a professional translator and doesn't get 20p a word.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, blot said:

My sister works as a professional translator and doesn't get 20p a word.

Out of interest, is that per source language word or destination language word?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mayhem said:

Out of interest, is that per source language word or destination language word?

She gets 4 - 6p a word depending on what it is shes translating from or to Japanese.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RetroLiar said:

Thanks to a keen contributor in the USA, there is a new track available called Lie When You Lie. I have had messages from several other people saying they are also working on tracks so there should be more music on the way soon.

 

Lie When You Lie

 

Previous track for those that missed it:

 

Good Ol' Mr. Atari

 

Do I foresee an album coming out??

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Kim Justice said:

Hey everyone. Like many I've been lurking this thread for ages but felt I needed to come in especially with this talk of me screengrabbing posts -- specifically, ones where Chris Wilkins and Craig Turner had been badmouthing Octav1us.

 

The only post I screengrabbed is here, in this public tweet:

 

h2vzm5m.png

 

The blocked out person is, of course, Craig. That's it. As you see already, it's not like this was some tweet sent to Kieren through DM's or anything -- it was/is public. And that's it -- this was back in November 2018, and it's a post where Craig is passionately and rather acerbically defending Games Animal TV -- but clearly he doesn't specifically target anyone beyond the idea of Digitiser: The Show in this message, indirectly or otherwise. It's a defense, an opinion. This was all part of a load of banter that quickly got rather meanspirited on both sides for a day or two, at least until Mr Biffo came in and put a kibosh on the bitchfight. Certainly there's no ill will here -- it's in the past, although I do feel a bit of a twat now for screengrabbing it...again, things got unnecessarily mean so I apologise to Craig for that. As for Chris I didn't screengrab anything of his, nor do I recall him saying anything whatsoever during the whole exchange.

 

For Kieren to use this post, or more accurately allude to it, in such a way that manipulates Octav1us and raises her anxiety is beyond the pale. Just when you think this whole situation can't anger you any further, along comes something like this. And then you think that all those sockpuppet accounts were working overtime during the initial Digitiser run...

 

...You're a real bastard, Kieren.

 

Anyway, that's the mystery of the screengrab.

 

Good of you to interject Kim, in an odd way, Kieren has helped bring the community together which i'm sure irritates him tremendously!

 

I appreciate that not everyone wants to get involved in this kind of stuff, because no-one other than Kieren would be happy for this debacle to be a defining aspect of how people see them, but its good you've chosen to speak up.

 

Kierens hiding places are rapidly disappearing, and whilst none of us are interested in a witch hunt, we're also not interested in Kieren remaining in the community to continue to cause problems, which is why you interjecting now, is good, because a flood of details now about Kieren is better than a prolonged trickle that keeps the dick in the spotlight for all the wrong reasons.

 

If you can think of anything else that didn't quite sit right, please feel free to add another post on it, Kieren is reading all this now, and he will realise that he's pissed off too many people to think he's fooling anyone.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Machine said:

 

Do I foresee an album coming out??

I fucking hope not, especially if it comes with a Kieren related picture collage on the inside cover!  

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Galahad said:

and he will realise that he's pissed off too many people to think he's fooling anyone.

image.png.1a29d9dc9a434974e900bb057446195d.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kim Justice said:

Certainly there's no ill will here -- it's in the past, although I do feel a bit of a twat now for screengrabbing it...again, things got unnecessarily mean so I apologise to Craig for that. As for Chris I didn't screengrab anything of his, nor do I recall him saying anything whatsoever during the whole exchange.

 

For Kieren to use this post, or more accurately allude to it, in such a way that manipulates Octav1us and raises her anxiety is beyond the pale. Just when you think this whole situation can't anger you any further, along comes something like this. And then you think that all those sockpuppet accounts were working overtime during the initial Digitiser run...

 

...You're a real bastard, Kieren.

 

Anyway, that's the mystery of the screengrab.

 

And that’s the bottom line.

 

The common denominator is the same in all 1000 posts here and the hundreds of people who have liked the Facebook posts, posted here or chipped in with even the most casual anecdote. It’s also the reason that ordinarily-functioning people, whatever tensions have been caused, have been talked through and reasoned out to get to the bigger problem - the same one that connects all those affected.

 

Whatever the issue, it’s never as big a problem as it first seems, and not as big a problem as the single puppeteer pulling the strings.

 

I appreciated your mention of our event in your Joffa Smith video Kim, as well as the comments on Chris’ and my own posts. No apology needed. Foolish as it was, as I said to Sarah; you’re not responsible for a vindictive individual manipulating an innocuous comment to fit a personal vendetta.

 

It no longer even matters if he were to come back with just 1 single rebuttal. Like his pseudo-apologies to commodities he is trying to curry favour with, where he dodges the dozen things he’s said and done and tries to claim redemption by offering up some kind of sacrifice (throwing someone under the bus for a minor infraction), one rebuttal doesn’t make up for 15 years of utter fuckwittery so although he’s still trying it, that angle is completely lost.

Edited by Mr.T
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I realise I am but a minnow in all of this, but I'd like to say I've never actually read so much in my life! 

 

I am still amazed that the little Wotsit can still carry on posting his shit videos on Youtube.

 

If only I still had access to the mod section of Retro Gamer... So much was said in there about that little gobshite!

 

Kieran Hawkings (better with that spelling) if you are reading this via with a sock over your head, feel free to re-join Retro Canteen. I'd welcome you with open arms :D

 

Edited by markopoloman
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's still tweeting his innocence (or is that I've-no-sense) 

 

Apparently you should listen to him because this proves he was right as RP knew what sort of people Chris and Craig were before he told her IN THIS THREAD YOU MUPPET, YOU'D OBVIOUSLY BEEN CHATTING TO HER BEFORE. 

 

Then using the incredible ninja technique of telling people (supporters no less) directly what to do and getting pissed off when they don't listen. 

 

Justification for that came down to.... Magic moonbeams and unicorn farts. 

 

He is NEVER going to admit anything. Like this post number on German - it's nein nein nein. 

 

(I left out the feigned surprise when he discovered atari fan account had gone quiet) 

Screenshot_20200401_012733.jpg

Screenshot_20200401_012311_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200401_012502.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He seems to have the impression that because I had heard what someone had said, that means I knew them. 

I knew their names because they were prominent figures in the community and obviously Sarah and I talk because of being...well...friends! She had repeated to me what she had been told by Kieren - she was obviously upset by it and we talked through it. 

Im just glad I was quick enough to screen cap everything before he blocked me. Including emails that prove he lied about me refusing to donate to charities because apparently I’m greedy and hate charities (I say that as I’m up at 2am organising a big fundraiser for a charity I’m an ambassador for on Saturday).

i mean really.

I hate seeing it all rehashed because I feel guilty for being led on, but I’m glad it’s all in the open. I have absolutely nothing to hide. Take my name out of your lying mouth.

 

ps: thank you to those who private messages today to check I was alright after I was a bit upset this morning. It meant a great deal.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...