IGNORED

The review of A-Z of Atari ST Games Volume 3 book RetroLaird is trying to delete!

Kierens inability to report what was actually said,has been a constant blight over the years:

Antiriad2097

Re: Awful Platformers

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:53 am

The Laird wrote:we interviewed Ian Stewart of Gremlin on RVG recently and he revealed that Zool is being brought back very soon in more than one way!
No, he didn't.

He states its a favoured IP and we might see it again soon, but there's no confirmation of anything beyond that vague suggestion.

Is there some info that was cut from the published interview or have you spoken to him since that caused this confusion?

28 minutes ago, Funkyspectrum said:

that jason johnson account is 100% kieren as he told me it was when he was making trouble with it on a zx spectrum facebook group !

We really should keep a tab on all the usernames and accounts linked to kieren over the years.

Jagfest 

Lynx_god 

Mr Kizza

The Laird

LairdofForsyth 

Retro Originals.

Beastfromthesouthwest 

Forza77

Jane

Beast666 now Rogue Trooper 

Retrogirl 

Jasonjohnson 

Minerals 

• Like 2

This thread should also be highlighted for historical reference :

suspect thread creator.

Warnings about magazine creator by No Swear Gamer.

Magazine itself caught using art without artists permission, so deal had to be struck where link was included to Artists home page.

It was another chapter in the long running saga of Kieren. 

7 minutes ago, Lost Dragon said:

We really should keep a tab on all the usernames and accounts linked to kieren over the years.

Jagfest 

Lynx_god 

Mr Kizza

The Laird

LairdofForsyth 

Retro Originals.

Beastfromthesouthwest 

Forza77

Jane

Beast666 now Rogue Trooper 

Retrogirl 

Jasonjohnson 

Minerals 

Epyx

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Funkyspectrum said:

was it beastfromthesouthwest or beastfromthesoutheast ? 

I would have to look up my blocked filter on Gmail.

I have 3 of his accounts blocked from when he sent abusive emails to me and Beast was one of them.

And @CyranoJ.. Damn, forgot Epyx :-)) 

It's honestly hard to keep track of all the accounts.

as far as i know he did nothing with the epyx situation and had nothing to do with it and i was, once again, shocked to see that post here that was brought up recently. unreal. the rights were procured by someone i have worked with with my software business as they granted the rights to myself to re release the titles. kieren appeared on a post i made about it to pour scorn on the artwork (describing it as 'fucking shit') we had done for the releases, which was sort of modern and tasteful geometric art because we dont all live in the 1980s, citing that a "well known character" (chip from chips challenge*) did not appear on the cover and that the art was an absolute disgrace because of this and that his art was going to be fantastic compared to ours and 'just wait and see' etc etc. he didnt produce anything. 

*matter of interest. can anyone draw or describe 'chip' from 'chips challenge' ? i would have described the game as something some might remember but chip himself is hardly fucking mario is he ? not exactly ubiquitous as a character in gaming even at the time of release. it is this sort of rampant dickery that really shows kieren could start an argument about anything in a closed room. with himself. if 'chip' had been on the cover of our release i would imagine he would have found some way to take umbrage with that too like "his hair is too short that is fucking shit" etc etc. just a useless jealous interfering prick and all this stuff coming out here that has been news to me really confirms this it is just unbelievable !

• Like 2

An interesting video came to light yesterday,  if your a fan of cheese flavoured,maize based snacks :-)) 

One of the many valid points raised within it, was one someone else had brought to my attention a few weeks ago:

Kierens reviews, which to best of my knowledge, were the same poorly researched and written ones he had done for RVG,Atari Gamer and Atari User Magazines, just put into A to Z guides and then corrected for the compedium guides,after he had read reviews on Amazon.co.uk etc, highlighting all the errors.. 

Seem to be in many cases, other writers review text copied and pasted with a few changes.

The Video Game Critic has been suggested as one source.

I have seen triva lifted straight out of magazines like The One and sites like Mobygames and even then incorrectly reported.

If it can be proven he's done this and is in blatant abuse of the Amazon review system,  he stands to loose being listed by the site?

11 minutes ago, Funkyspectrum said:

as far as i know he did nothing with the epyx situation and had nothing to do with it and i was, once again, shocked to see that post here that was brought up recently. unreal. the rights were procured by someone i have worked with with my software business as they granted the rights to myself to re release the titles. kieren appeared on a post i made about it to pour scorn on the artwork (describing it as 'fucking shit') we had done for the releases, which was sort of modern and tasteful geometric art because we dont all live in the 1980s, citing that a "well known character" (chip from chips challenge*) did not appear on the cover and that the art was an absolute disgrace because of this and that his art was going to be fantastic compared to ours and 'just wait and see' etc etc. he didnt produce anything. 

*matter of interest. can anyone draw or describe 'chip' from 'chips challenge' ? i would have described the game as something some might remember but chip himself is hardly fucking mario is he ? not exactly ubiquitous as a character in gaming even at the time of release. it is this sort of rampant dickery that really shows kieren could start an argument about anything in a closed room. with himself. if 'chip' had been on the cover of our release i would imagine he would have found some way to take umbrage with that too like "his hair is too short that is fucking shit" etc etc. just a useless jealous interfering prick and all this stuff coming out here that has been news to me really confirms this it is just unbelievable !

System 3 annouced big plans to use the Epyx I.P's when they owned them, but bar some PS Mini and Mobile Phone stuff,nothing really came of it

Next thing I knewe, Kieren was all over DCJUNKYARD  and Retro Canteen bigging up Jaguar and Dreamcast enhanced Barbarian,  yet all that has appeared is an enhanced Amiga version, but that was a free download andnot related to kieren in anyway.

The Jumpman I.P i thought remained in hands of it's creator, though kieren was offering that. 

Epyx link Kieren had was dead last i knew of.

The bite from the Sega-16 thread appeared to be the kiss of death for the project.

As i have said before, it might be small potatoes, but RVG seems to of managed to successfully get a Homebrew label off the ground.

You could often find Kieren offering his services.

He approached GTW having finally realised they were more than just a C64 site, wanting to replace myself as a researcher offer was politely declined, so he downvoted all my interviews for the site at 1 star.

Well, I say ALL, he couldn't even do that properly, missed one completely. 

Again we knew who had done it as the ISP was traced back.

He was offering his services to others as The Man who could secure lost Games due to His Contacts. 

Remind me Kieren,  did you secure MD Akira? 

Or find the real A8 Star Raiders 2?

Weren't you the one claiming there were 2 levels finished on Jaguar Conan? 

How have you treated Songbird and Piko Interactive lately kieren? 

Chip is your Nerd or Geek type character, tracksuit, glasses kinda thing?

As CyranoJ has stated, what people are being made aware of here, is just what can be shared.

There is so much that should remain buried. 

Treat it like the  Jane Whittaker exposure.. 

Take each claim and research it, get multiple sources to come forward and explain work carried out was not as described or done with permission. 

Connect the dots on social media accounts.

Establish the behaviour pattern.

Let those who have in the past been staunch defenders, realise just what they have been defending. 

Galahad was mentioned in the video i watched last night.

Only aware of him for his work in getting Putty on Amiga released after Mark Cale of System 3 promised, but failed to deliver it, but he was featured in RetroGamer magazine. 

Not sure he's the wisest person to pick a fight with Kieren, especially not now of all times.

i remember galahad as a member of the fairlight crew from my amiga days mate if that is the same guy he is a very highly regarded member of the amiga community and no if you are working in the video game sector i think he is a really stupid person to pick a fight with especially if you are claiming you are reporting him to the police or whatever nonsense kieren has said as galahad worked in the police for many years and that will just make him even more angry i would have thought and he will surely know exactly how to deal with this kind of menace !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Funkyspectrum said:

i remember galahad as a member of the fairlight crew from my amiga days mate if that is the same guy he is a very highly regarded member of the amiga community and no if you are working in the video game sector i think he is a really stupid person to pick a fight with especially if you are claiming you are reporting him to the police or whatever nonsense kieren has said as galahad worked in the police for many years and that will just make him even more angry i would have thought and he will surely know exactly how to deal with this kind of menace !

I had seen Galahad challenge claims Kieren made at a talk he did at some Retro Event, about ST piracy being worse than on the Amiga,  Galahad pointing out Kieren should refrain from talking about something he was utterly clueless about.. 

And Galahad ended up briefly hosting the spoof video, till kieren had it removed. 

I was given advice on how to proceed if Kieren continued to slander myself online, by my police contacts, but because i have no books or anything out there that can be effected,  I have just responded in kind to his childish behaviour. 

From what the jungle drums are saying, doesn't sound like others will let it lie as I have and solicitors have been put into action.

The very real risk for kieren here is, likes of Amazon etc are made clear of what's been happening and his product line is pulled. 

More examples of The Laird at play in his natural environment :

The Beans

Re: Thatcher's dead!!!

Post Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:13 pm

The Laird wrote:
HalcyonDaze00 wrote:When there is need for a £100m security operation to make sure people don't ruin your funeral its probably fair to say you have been a bit of a cnut!
Blimey, the cost of your funeral is going to be unreal!
But still a fraction of the cost of yours! :shock:

Remind us all Kieren, who was a known trouble maker on the forum? 

He via J.J brought up Marty G and RG forum at one point

Yeah, about that laird:

market.

martyg

Re: 18 Years of Age

Post Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:57 am

will2097 wrote:
The Laird wrote:For me this machine signalled the beginning of the end for gaming as I knew it. The first of many soulless machines totally devoid of personality made by a corporate giant who was even more soulless and lacking in personality. It was a sad day when Sony (and later Microsoft) entered the games industry pushing out innovative companies like Sega and Atari, who were full of individuality, leaving only Nintendo with any legacy in the games industry.

The PS1 also quickened the arrival of the boring franchises we still see dominating the games industry today. :cry:
Ah c'mon. Sega and Atari chucked it in the bin single handily. WIth all the money in the world, Atari and Sega would have not have done what Sony did.
The problem with that line of thought? A lot of the people at Sony were/are ex-Atari Inc. People such as the director of all technical operations (I.e. In charge of leading hardware design) Jerry Jessop. Likewise the lead architect of the PlayStation 4, Mark Cerny, is an ex-Atari programmer. In fact, you'll fine in most of the successful large companies of the 90s through now that's the case. When Atari Inc. imploded in '84 those people spread out through the video game and computer industries.
Last edited by martyg on Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Marty

And:

martyg

Re: The storied history of the Atari 2600

Post Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:37 pm

The Laird wrote:I interviewed Nolan recently and he talked about the whole internet thing during that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUW4ycNiZMs
Yes, once he comes up with a story line he likes to stick with it for interviews for a while before moving on to another one. It's like when he was claiming (during a PR run several years ago) to have been around during the development of Missile Command and the release of the game (arcade). Only problem was, it wasn't started until after he left the company (we have a copy of the original proposal document). Then he recants and states "Oh, I must have been thinking of when someone brought it by Chuck E. Cheese" when confronted with that fact.

Like I said, he has a lot to be proud of (including setting up that startup like atmosphere at the company that drew in a lot of talented people). But you have to weed through a lot of the stories and claims to get anywhere.
Marty

You wanna claim ass was being handed to anyone?

How many errors did Marty correct in your Atari 130 XE article after you posted it up on RVG? 

5 was it not?

Edited by Lost Dragon

17 minutes ago, CyranoJ said:

Someone is having a panic attack....

unknown.png

How many videos does he think he's stolen?

https://www.youtube.com/user/LairdOfForsyth/playlists

I seriously recommended people look at Kierens YT channel and take note of the sheer volume of videos now set to private.

It's damning, it really is.

If the content was all free to use, he would have no concerns, but just wow :-o

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, CyranoJ said:

Someone is having a panic attack....

unknown.png

How many videos does he think he's stolen?

https://www.youtube.com/user/LairdOfForsyth/playlists

this is fucking unbelievable so basically his channel is comprised mostly of stolen content that he claims to have obtained freely yet when the jungle drums start to beat he runs and deletes loads of his videos what an utter prick BUSTED AGAIN !

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lost Dragon said:

You want any 1 star Amazon reviews of your own A to Z guides pulled from Amazon and you have your Patreons leave comments saying any such reviews are out to damage your livelyhood, don't you Kieren (or you did until Marc Slorance was outted as a Patreon supporter of yours), but again you have no moral issues doing the same to others:

1 star

Showing 1-1 of 1 reviews

Customer images
71OkZsMdfAL._CR0,204,1224,1224_UX256.jpg81RMQEU2DtL._CR0,63,1352,1352_UX256.jpg
 Lazy and Poorly Researched
8 December 2019
Format: Kindle Edition
I loved Ocean's games growing up but I did not love this book. It's poorly researched with loads of conflicting facts - for example the owners talking about not making any games for the Atari computers when they made loads! It almost completely skips over their later years - especially the 32-bit era and the writing is poor throughout. A real missed opportunity to celebrate Britain's most famous software company.

And if your going to attack a book for lack of Atari coverage, at least try and string a coherent sentence together when making the complaint.

Your hand wringing because Chris didn't cover the handful of Ocean Atari 8-bit titles:

Head Over Heels, which they sat on until the Hit Squad release and which is missing rooms from the  Jon Ritman original. 

Then we have the Imagine releases:

Arkanoid 

Green Beret, a title they themselves didn't want to code so passed onto an external team.

Leggit. 

Not sure people were banging down the doors for coverage myself.

Please tell me exactly how I was "outted" (outed) as a Patreon supporter when clearly my name appears at the end of the videos, hardly a national secret. My next query is where I can find the rule that a Patreon cannot review a book purchased on Amazon? The reviews I left was based upon the pitance I paid for the e-book, and the effort I believed, at the time, he had put into the books.  You will however find that I am no longer a Patreon and those supporting reviews on Amazon have been removed as a result of information that has came to light and the fact that I can't be arsed with all this bollocks and didn't want any further association. But hey, even that doesn't work when you have very clever people with too much time on their hands?  thankfully I have an unusual name, which is my real name and not hiding like many keyboard warriors, and I was told  that I had a "mention" on here.

Please do me a favour and don't use my name any further in relation to this, I have made my mind up after learning the facts and have acted in a way I see fit and have no further interest in the issue or the person in question. 

F%^k You Very Much

MS

20 minutes ago, Welshworrier said:

His video output is beginning to look like a domino collection of 2: Blanks.

1. He'll be setting them to private so people e.g. me, won't be able to find matches.

2. After a suitable period of time/editing they will reappear

Revisionist history 101

it is just another admission that he is an absolute liar and will continue to lie whatever the stakes until he is found out. an awful human being. a thief, a liar and a sociopath. 

• Like 2

Here is an example of the revisionist tactics employed.

He is insistent that mastercast was banned for trolling members on his js3 group.

So look at the evidence...

Moderator has rant, question asked about physical release and light gun support.

Praise for cart.

Then moderator didn't like the review.

Mastercast banned

Revisionist version of events given

All of Andrew Rosas posts are non trolling as there is a massive dump of them to read so who has lied here?

Screenshot_20200209-044520__01.jpg

Screenshot_20200209-051017__01.jpg

Screenshot_20200209-051051__01.jpg

Screenshot_20200209-044910__01.jpg

Screenshot_20200209-050152__01.jpg

Screenshot_20200209-050225__01.jpg

Screenshot_20200209-045530__01.jpg

Screenshot_20200209-050622__01.jpg

Screenshot_20200209-051546__01.jpg

Screenshot_20200209-050246__01.jpg

Screenshot_20200209-050451__01.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Funkyspectrum said:

that jason johnson account is 100% kieren as he told me it was when he was making trouble with it on a zx spectrum facebook group !

If you have PROOF of this incident, please forward it to myself fortwith. 

My solicitor is in need of it.

There is no way i am allowing any individual to go around fabricating fake accounts and further fabricating such horrific claims as has been witnessed here.

Your personal feelings for myself Kieren are as meaningless as your professional output, but you have pushed too many buttons and made too many false accusations about myself and my character, for this not to go unchallenged. 

It's a statement that's now out in the public domain and now you have my full attention Sir.