IGNORED

The review of A-Z of Atari ST Games Volume 3 book RetroLaird is trying to delete!

4 minutes ago, CyranoJ said:

Without naming Kieren that may as well not exist. It's not a warning for the future in any way at all. 

Anonymous / sock puppetry is how he got as insidious as he did. 

Sock puppet accounts.. 

Anonymous user accounts.. 

Sending out his little familiars from JSIII..

Lowest of the low tactics including threats, weaponising mental health issues..

People behind podcasts,  Retro Events, Books etc using his as a guest writer or speaker and thus giving him a platform and yet more names to add to his C.V, making him appear credible to anyone naive enough to take him at face value..

He had a wide range of tactics and bags of little stunts he would regularly dip into.

He should be named here and Sam Dyer should let people know just what he's responsible for in the book.

It's pointless people trying to bury his identity or involvement thinking this will all blow over in a few weeks.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lost Dragon said:

It's pointless people trying to bury his identity or involvement thinking this will all blow over in a few weeks.

And there are already people making incorrect guesses in the comments.  Complete waste of time.

• Like 2

Looks like his Amazon.co.uk Biography has HAD an update:

Kieren has been writing about video games for over 15 years working for a whole host of major publishers and websites including the award winning Retro Gamer magazine.

With over 50 books to his name, Kieren is one of the most prolific writers and authors within the video game sector. He is also credited as a script writer for numerous popular YouTube channels and as a contributing author on a host of books by other authors.

He has also appeared on the prime time Sky News technology show Swipe as well numerous podcasts as both a guest and co-host. His You Tube channel, The Laird's Lair, also features a wide range of different videos focused on the world of retro gaming including the popular "Story of" mini-documentary series.

Gone are all references to Fusion Books work.

Still needs another update now his YT Channel has gone.

• Haha 1

I just wanted everyone to know that Kieren Hawken is trying to get this thread taken down.  Which, of course he would, as he doesn't want people to know all the harassment he's inflicted upon others.  Here's his complaint:

Kieren_Abuse_Claim_2019-02-14.png

Sorry, Kieren, you're doing a damn good job destroying your "career" without anyone's help.  You have nobody to blame but yourself, so stop playing the victim (again).  For the last 15 years you have been lying, trolling various forums and websites, creating sock puppet accounts, manipulating people, and inflicting harm on communities you've interacted with.  You've been banned from various websites, forums and Facebook groups during that time.  You've blocked a large number of people on Facebook and Twitter, pretty much anytime someone looks at you the wrong way, you block them.  You are a coward.

I have never encountered someone in our community who lies as easily and frequently as Kieren.  I would not take anything he states at face value, not without verifying it from a reliable source first.  He could state the sky is blue and I'd need to go outside myself to verify it.

Kieren, I see in your complaint you've listed some police reports, seems like a hobby for you!  Good luck with that, I'm sure if you've actually done so these reports will be as effective as all the other police reports you've supposedly filed over the years against people. I can only imagine how members of your local police department roll their eyes every time you walk in.

As for the rest of your complaint regarding "abuse", all I see in this thread are people describing their negative experiences with you.  And good luck trying to get screen captures from public websites like Facebook and Twitter taken down.  And, please, just because you have rules in your Jaguar Sector III group about sharing content outside the group, that doesn't mean jack squat in terms of the law.  And trying to get links to YouTube videos removed?  The whole point of YouTube is to share videos, nobody needs permission to share such links, so good luck getting those removed.  Although all the links to your videos are now dead since your channel has disappeared, congratulations!

If you don't want people sharing and discussing what you post, perhaps you should put some thought into your posts and the rather unflattering picture they paint of you.

Fortunately, AtariAge isn't the only place where Kieren Hawken's behavior is being discussed.  Chris Wilkins has put together an excellent post on Facebook regarding his dealings with Kieren, and many others have also commented about their interactions with him as well (click the date to see the full post and comments):

And here's a fresh post from Octav1us if you really want to see how despicable and manipulative Kieren is (again, click the date to see the full post and comments):

Are you going to file police reports against Chris Wilkins and Octav1us as well?  

Oh, also, thanks for this complaint, now I can give my lawyer your address so action can be taken against you, given all the libel you've posted (and that I have screen captures of) regarding myself and AtariAge over the years.  Saves my having to dig this up another way.

Here's a PDF of this thread for anyone who wants to download it and save it for later (warning, PDF is 23MB in size):

https://atariage.com/temp/The_review_of_A-Z_of_Atari_ST_Games_Volume_3_book_RetroLaird_is_trying_to_delete!.pdf

..Al

• Like 5
  • Thanks 7

Kieren has been caught:

Creating  multiple fake accounts to self promote, white Knight, slander, manipulate,discredit, sow distrust and much more within the community. 

These accounts have been used to claim named individuals issued death threats, were homophobic,  sexist,  targeted people with genuine mental health issues, hacked accounts and much,much more besides.

These libellous claims have been exposed,  documented and are now in the hands of numerous solicitors. 

They have been used to attempt to influence individuals from supporting and purchasing the materials of various sites,publishers and individuals. 

Kieren has made clear attempts to influence the Amazon.Co.Uk and Amazon.Com community review systems.

Kierens YT channel has been caught using others footage without permission and videos had been pulled prior to the eventual closure of said site by Kieren, numerous copyright strikes had been filed prior to the closure.

Kieren has seemingly issued numerous false claims about non-payment for work,by multiple individuals. 

Kierens Patreon account has been offering free downloads of copyrighted materials he has no legal right to be offering. 

I believe said Patreon account remains active.

All information presented in this thread alone has been backed up by the testimonials of numerous individuals and has established the behaviour patterns of Kieren, stretching back more than 10 years.

The misc forum posts highlighting Kierens behaviour issues and inability to interact with others via Social media are ALL from the Public Domain and showcase he was issued multiple warnings from not only the Magazine Editor,but senior forum staff.

These warnings went unheeded. 

Kieren has been banned from multiple FB groups,  Forums etc for his constant breaking of site rules.

Kieren has been reported numerous times to EBay for selling materials without permission. 

All book reviews by myself on Amazon.co.uk, were approved by the site, therefore NO guidelines were broken.

They have been removed by myself once it became apparent, just how far reaching and dangerous Kierens condition is.

Numerous individuals including myself have repeatedly advised Kieren to seek professional medical help for his condition. 

No threats of violence have been made to Kieren,  no campaign to boycott his publications has been implemented. 

Kierens employment history would also be looked into during any legal proceedings. 

Basically Kieren your established behaviour patterns both online and off have been your own undoing.

Countless people befriended you, gave you their time and access to vast resources and you abused both trust and resources, rather than embrace the community that welcomed you.

There was always going to be a day of reckoning and in the last 18 months alone,  you went too far and upset too many of the wrong powerful people.

You were no longer targeting utter knobs in the community like myself,but people who's sole sources of income depended on the very areas you struck at.

It's that simple.

You lost the Retro Gamer work,you so badly craved.

You lost the Fusion Publishing work.

If you've lost Future Bitmap Books work, again that's all on you.

Are you going to report :

Mr Biffo, Kim Justice etc to the police after once claiming them as friends?

Edited by Lost Dragon
  • Like 5

I'm just going to repost the YT warning on making false accusations,  just to highlight the clear and present danger Kieren now finds himself in:

Do not make false claims. Misuse of this process may result in the suspension of your account or other legal consequences.

There are serious legal consequences for making false accusations, then you have the issues of libelous claims made by Kieren. 

If the people i think are taking legal action against Kieren are going forward, your going to need a legal team Kieren and a bloody good one at that.

If reports you were witnessed walking unaided at numerous Retro Events (likely someone would of filmed you walking and filming the events) are true, then you'd best hope the office of work and pensions doesn't get wind of it, if your claiming disability benefit for arthritis and inability to walk unaided, they are duty bound to investigate. 

I've never seen you at any of the conventions i have been present at, so they remain allegations,  but they have been made..

The Fraud and Error Service will  take action if they find the person has been committing benefit fraud. Action can include removing a person’s benefits and taking them to court.

Edited by Lost Dragon
  • Like 3

Nobody has put up your:

Home Address 

D.O.B

Any Telephone numbers

Your National Insurance Number

Anyone sharing images from your FB group just means you have the right to BAN anyone sharing the imagery from said group.

You are not dealing with idiots here Kieren. 

We are all professional adults.

If you really did refer to Octav1us Kitten as a worthless slut and implied it was the individual known as Chris Wilkins of Fusion Books who made that claim, i hope Chris brings the full extent of UK legal proceedings into full effect to clear his name.

Even for you, that is a new low point.

Again..for for the love of god man, get professional medical help.

• Like 5

WOW, INTERESTING how Kieren even finds out about a thread like this in such detail? Sock account member? He has spies working for him ?

Now imagine in a world where he put even a tenth of the effort into actually doing serious work and contributing to the retro community INSTEAD of 

all the slander and malicious things he spends his life doing? It just boggles the mind but then I guess one should not seriously try to understand the

rantings and behavior of someone like him. Seen many times before, the type you could catch in the act literally and yet he would somehow turn it

around as if he is the victim. Sometimes I DO wonder how much of it is intentional and how much of it HE ACTUALLY BELIEVES HIMSELF? 

Either way, he is a big talker but he's got no case for a serious claim against this thread, it is only slander if it isn't TRUE. 

• Like 6

He first contacted me when I was looking for help to run a small one off retro gaming event, he asked if he could bring his Jaguar collection and write a review for his Atari Magazine/Fanzine. I was immediately warned by people to be cautious of him as a bit of a BS'ter, and informed he had previously claimed that a Spectrum game was written by him and later found out to be a lie as it was written by someone else, and had some other issues on the forums.

I gave the benefit of the doubt. I had to buy a copy of the magazine to read the article he wrote. It was very poorly written with bad grammar and did not read well, but what annoyed me was it was factually incorrect and several things he had written were wrong. When I bought this up with him he told me he did not proofread his own articles.

Later on there was another event I was involved in where he made a move on me and I refused his advances, as I am straight. After this not only did he turn others in the community against me, but he also contacted my girlfriend at the time on facebook and told her a load of lies about me, which for me was a step too far. I told a few people in person, but do not seek conflict so decided to block him everywhere and walk away.

I was asked to be involved with another small event after this. When I found out he had involvement with the event, I warned them and pulled out, and then decided to leave the events scene altogether and spend more time concentrating on work and other interests.

I do not think the whole of the retro gaming event community at the time was toxic, but certainly many people have mental health problems, and easily mislead and persuaded by the likes of him and is evil mate Jason Butwell.

When I found out he had started writing for Retro Gamer magazine, I was surprised and I immediately cancelled my subscription.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, OldSchoolRetroGamer said:

WOW, INTERESTING how Kieren even finds out about a thread like this in such detail? Sock account member? He has spies working for him ?

Now imagine in a world where he put even a tenth of the effort into actually doing serious work and contributing to the retro community INSTEAD of 

all the slander and malicious things he spends his life doing? It just boggles the mind but then I guess one should not seriously try to understand the

rantings and behavior of someone like him. Seen many times before, the type you could catch in the act literally and yet he would somehow turn it

around as if he is the victim. Sometimes I DO wonder how much of it is intentional and how much of it HE ACTUALLY BELIEVES HIMSELF? 

Either way, he is a big talker but he's got no case for a serious claim against this thread, it is only slander if it isn't TRUE. 

That's what we've been saying for years.

If only he had channelled his time and energies into proper research, fact checking and ensuring his work was as accurate and informative as it could be, nobody would have any issues paying to read his RG articles and he could of easily established himself as a valuable asset for the likes of Chris Wilkins,  numerous YT channels as projects require huge amounts of man hours.

Establish yourself as a credible writer, launch your crowd funded book project, people will back it, invest profits into your next project and your well on the way to your chosen profession.

He could of remained on RVG and been part of their homebrew publishing arm..

Done teacher training and taken Nolan Bushnell up on his offer of spearheading his educational software into UK schools 

If nothing else, you can't say Kieren has not been offered countless opportunities to establish himself as a credible force for good in the community. 

Which just makes it all the more bizarre why he's chosen to act in the cancerous fashion he has.

No man is an island and you only go forward by working with others.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, OldSchoolRetroGamer said:

Well, his JS3 co-moderator (Now co-owner) is an active member here.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, WAVE 1 GAMES said:

No. Just NO. Leave me out of this Lawrence. Also leave Jaguar Sector 3 out of this.

Thank You

LOL, right. Kieren is the one who created it, with the sole purpose of trying to siphon off users from here so they can be indoctrinated with his lies. Not to mention the mountain of evidence of his lies that came from posts on there. You simply CAN NOT separate Kieren from JS3, even if he is pretending to hand the reigns over to you now.

• Like 5

On 2/13/2020 at 2:52 AM, SamDyer said:

My name is Sam Dyer and I run the publishing house Bitmap Books.

I’ve been asked multiple times on Twitter and Facebook as to whether Kieren Hawken is involved within our new book – Atari 2600/7800: a visual compendium. These questions have come out of the blue and I (maybe naively) wasn’t expecting so much interest in his involvement. We engaged Kieren back in 2019 to come on-board as part of the team to help create the book and he has ghostwritten some parts, along with other writers. It’s important to say that I’ve had no issue with his work and the working relationship has been fine. 

Our books are very much a team effort so the overall writing is a combination of many contributors, including the original developers. When we cannot reach the original developer for a game, that entry is ghostwritten – something we’ve done since our NES book. When listing contributors on our website, we don’t tend to list ghostwriters and traditionally these have been credited within the book, not publicly. 

I had no idea of the interest that his involvement would incur. The book was a HUGE undertaking and around 9 months of work and officially licensed from Atari. It has has been verified and fact-checked as best we can by other Atari enthusiasts and proofreaders. This is something we do on all books so I’m confident that it’s as accurate as it can be.

If you guys wish to boycott the book based on the above then I can’t stop that, but I wanted to publicly state the facts regarding Kieren’s involvement and squash the speculation.

I have very good reason to believe that you were warned about Kieren well in advance of publication of this book, and that the reply that came back from your publishing house was "he hasn't done anything to us, so piss off".  It is precisely this attitude that has allowed Kieren to continue to cause trouble for the past fifteen years, that, and the bizarre lack of certain people to name him for his misdeeds when they are so overwhelmingly documented and incontrovertibly true; as if what's being reported is merely conjecture that can and should be given the benefit of the doubt.

Kieren isn't just some random guy on the internet causing internet drama, he is a person who has repeatedly demonstrated not only a willingness to lie about himself and his own accomplishments, but also to lie about other people in order to damage their reputations, set people against each other, and even worse.  He is what most people, looking only at his pattern of behavior, would politely call a psychopath.  In his mind, he is never at fault, ever; every bad thing that has ever come his way is always and can only be the result of external factors beyond his control.

As bad as that is, he is also known for taking other people's work and portraying it as his own; he will also make up whatever he thinks will sound plausible to the gullible.  He portrays himself as an expert on all things retro, even though it's easy to see through this puffed up portrait he has made of himself.  It baffles me how anyone could take such lazy, dishonest work seriously, especially when a little digging will yield the truth about him and his shoddy writing.

Again, he has been doing this for fifteen years.  And so when I hear of his involvement with a book like yours, I have no choice but to take a principled stand against it as having him profit from it in any way is an affront to everyone who has integrity and is doing their best to put out good, honest work.  Further, by embracing him and putting his input into your book, you have invariably lowered the quality of it as anything he writes cannot be trusted to be accurate, knowledgeable, or factual.  This is not a matter of opinion, this is, again, a matter of incontrovertible fact.  And, since you won't even tell us which parts he contributed to, we have to assume that all of it is tainted.

And again, I have good reason to believe that you were warned about him well in advance of publication, meaning that you are not being forthcoming here Mr. Dyer.  You say you want to "publicly state the facts regarding Kieren’s involvement and squash the speculation", but, given that you were warned about Kieren and decided to have him involved anyway, makes it seem more like you are trying desperately to minimize his involvement and deflect any blame from your company for the decision--which you made--to bring him on.

And so, this is a definite, absolute no; I will never buy a copy of your new book as it lends credence to Mr. Hawken and gives him unearned prestige; not only that, I also refuse to enrich Mr. Hawken as a matter of principle, and anyone who enables him to be so enriched, such as people like yourself.  Good day to you sir.

• Like 7

Kieren, this is an open letter to you, about the very deep and real trouble you are going to have with the police and legal authorities.

A couple of years ago on Facebook, I saw that a comedian had spent the previous evening writing sick and racist jokes. He'd been mocking Muslims, he even took the mick out of the Hillsborough dead and even the people killed in the Manchester Arena terrorist bombing. A huge amount of comments from others on the circuit were, obviously, very condemning of him. Personal friends of mine from the circuit, warning him to stop this tirade of abuse. Some cancelling their gigs with him.

I took screenshots of this bizarre outpouring of hate, and put it on my blog, just in case the vile 'comedian' turned his post private or deleted it. It'd serve as a warning to anyone who thought of booking him. None of the screenshots were faked, I just wrote a small paragraph naming him and warning readers that the content will of course be offensive.

Last year, that 'comedian' contacted me with a legal threat, telling me to take down the screenshots. He was in the middle of studying for a law degree, so he could become a lawyer (this bit is actually true, as strange as it sounds, I've had friends confirm this, to my amazement). He said he'd use his legal prowess to sue me for having made such screenshots, as I was damaging his career.

I didn't respond to him. I actually relished the idea of him trying to find anyone to take such a case on. After all, any sane person, could see that the only person who damaged his career, was himself. He wrote that disgusting content, I was merely quoting it. To this day, I have never heard anything back and the blog still exists online. His threat can be summarised as 'don't show everyone what an awful person I am'. And this is what you're trying to do with this forum, isn't it?

Did you really report this thread to your local police force? I know narcissism is your defining streak, and your arrogance and vanity is off the scale, but are you seriously bringing YOUR ABUSE to the ATTENTION OF YOUR LOCAL POLICE? And your sole argument is that you're being criticised here? Do you actually think they're gonna side with you?

To bring up a more famous case, let's go back to 1997. In the Bristol branch of PC World, like any other day, a technician is given a customer's PC to repair. Realising who the customer was - a musician who was a bit of a joke of a celebrity but had genuine fame in the 1970s - the technician did something that he was not authorised to do. He broke PC World's own rules, to have a look at the guy's personal files. Did this technician commit a crime? It could be argued he did, but that's just nothing compared to what he found on the hard drive, and those with knowledge of this case already know who I am referring to.

No, for the record, I am NOT comparing your misdeeds to that of an actual nonce.

However, you have broken the law several times and it's detailed in this thread. The England and Wales law I'd say you have broken the most, is the Malicious Communications Act 1988 - specifically section 1 (1)a and b. Then there are the copyright issues.

Now, yes, it was at least mitigating to have closed down your Laird's Lair YouTube account, your Laird's Lair FB page and your @RetroLaird Twitter account. However, right now, your Patreon page is still live and it's actively selling intellectual property you don't own, for your personal profit. One such posting has you pay-gating a mass of content belonging to a major magazine/radio giant, Bauer Media. I have warned you about this in the past, you blocked me.

EQcUbw6W4AUtDG0?format=png&name=small

I know why you're going to fail because I've had it in the past from a forum troll. About ten years ago, for the first time in my life, I had police on my doorstep, telling me that I've been abusive online to an autistic man via a forum I ran. The extent of this guy's complaint was that he was being ridiculed on my forum by users - which was true. I was still picking my jaw off the floor because I was astonished he would get the police involved. But there was something odd about him. He had turned up to a real life 'meet forum members' meeting a few months earlier and acted rather strangely, shouting at the top of the voice on subjects we agreed on, as if we were disagreeing with him. We eventually blocked him, he was a massive nuisance on the forum. I later found out he had some learning difficulties and was also very far on the autism spectrum. I can kind of empathise as I'm also autistic.

However, whatever condition he had, did not negate the fact that he had spent a week after his blocking, registering multiple accounts to write that "PETER IS A NAZI"; "PETER IS A CHILD MOLESTER" and other slurs. He also mocked up images of him shooting guns at photos of forum members. The abuse was relentless, but thankfully, being a web developer at the time, I rewrote the forum software to notify me of his specific IP address and that was pretty effective at keeping him quiet.

I was still astonished that such a guy would get the police involved and here they were in my house. Still, it gave me my chance to show them what he'd been up to. To say they were surprised was an understatement. Were it not for his severe neurological condition, he would have been charged and facing court. As it was, he had to give an undertaking to never visit my sites and never contact me again. I learnt a lot about how the police deal with online abuse that day. I've learnt quite a bit more from a friend who has worked with a charity that tracks down online abusers.

Shall I give an outline of how - if that screenshot of your complaint really is true - your police complaints are going to go down?

It's already been said that your forum rules are not equivalent to the laws of England and Wales, nor do they override them. Yes, people are taking screenshots of your abusive language, and you could try your hardest to say it's some kind of GDPR or privacy violation, but here's how this goes...

The police officers you speak to, they won't care for the nuances of this particular fandom. Chances are, they're pretty young and their concept of retrogaming is playing a four-years-out-of-date copy of FIFA. They may be vaguely aware of Sonic and Mario. Ultimately, they're not here for a discussion on retrogaming itself, their job is to see if crimes have been committed. They have to see both sides of the story. And I really really am playing Devil's Advocate for you here, Kieren. I can't imagine myself in your situation, because, although I'm no angel, I've never been that stupid or egotistical enough to find myself in a situation like yours. A situation where Chris Wilkins, Craig Turner and others are openly discussing the possibility of suing you.

Your representation to the police is that we're all a nasty bunch of bullies, intent on ruining your career, making you jobless. If it hasn't happened already, you'll be asked to make a statement on that. And for the identities of people who you believe to be committing these crimes against you. That's all the police care about - WHO HAS COMMITTED A CRIME HERE? Not the 'he said/she said' war of words.

If/when the police talk to these people, they put their side of the story to you. And we both know that's going to include a lot of screenshots of your abuse. And despite your protestations, that is still admissible in their statements.

To moan about people taking screenshots of your abuse, is like a car thief trying to claim copyright of his face when the car owner sends the dashcam footage to the police. YOU. ARE. SCREWED.

And here's what you may probably do. "I didn't do that, that's someone else" is what I think you may say. That you're not @Arsebiscuits10, @dave_jatt, @GrandadSpectrum, etc on Twitter. And to be fair, I don't think ALL of those suspiciously pro-Paul-Andrews are you. I think a LOT of them are you, but I do think some of the others are probably someone else in your hometown.

But by this point, the game is up already. The police will challenge you, on if you'd like to go further with your complaint, or abandon it all together. Choose the latter and it's clear to them you're a lying fantasist. And that's actually the least worst option at this point. Choose to go further, and I am 99% certain you will be interviewed under threat of caution. The interview will be recorded. You will be asked if you are the author of the abuse coming from various anonymous accounts.

Stuff like this sent to Octavius last year, for example...

EJGSCjXWoAI_P8g?format=jpg&name=medium

And yeah, you've probably lined up excuses. The old 'I was hacked' line has been tried by Ian Botham and Rebekah Vardy, but it's never convinced anyone. You could still pretend it's just anonymous outsiders, nothing to do with you, you don't know who you are.

As you'll be on the record, you'll be warned that the police will quickly obtain powers to forensically investigate every computing device in your house. That's everything, seized, digitally copied to a police-owned device. Good luck explaining to the rest of your family what's going on there.

This happens if ANY of the counter-complaints suggest you are behind the abuse. There's a LOT linking those very pro-Paul-Andrews messages to yourself and remember it's 'reasonable suspicion' from the police.

Even if nothing is found on your computers, tablets, smartphones, your ISP(s) can still be brought into this. And this goes beyond digital. Having read Octavius's statement yesterday, with details of how you spread malicious gossip which resulted in lost professional work for people, you're already way deep in the brown stuff.

Am I still playing Devil's Advocate? I really don't want to, but if, and a really really really HUGE IF, in that mad parallel universe where I'm just as much of a narcissistic bullying digital jackdaw like you, right now I would be legally changing my name by deed poll. I'd be drastically altering my appearance. I'd never show up at a retrogaming event again. I'd never write a thing again on retrogaming.

I sure as hell would not be bringing my abuse to the attention of my local police force.

Why do you still bother?

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Albert said:

It's not unreasonable for JS3 to be referenced in this discussion, as Kieren did use it to launch many attacks against others (and AtariAge).

..Al

Kieren had an entire thread/discussion going on there dedicated to slandering myself and my Lost Atari Jaguar and other platforms, research.

Kieren via yet another fabricated user account  made the disgusting claims i had been sending this fantasy-creation user, death threats  and made these claims on JSIII

Roberth was coming from JSIII to post vile and disgusting comments about how Atari Age Moderators could die in a fire for all he cared and made sickening allegations about Moderators and past Atari Age members, who were gone from Atari Age long before I joined, on the comments sections of Jaguar Game reviews on YT videos by Second Opinion Games. 

Now given Roberth only arrived on the scene a few years ago, who would of been feeling him such posion to spread and for what purpose? 

The answers point to themselves. 

We can't simply leave JSIII,RVG forum, RetroGamer forum etc out as it's inconvenient for them.

So much of Kierens behaviour is traced back to these.

On RVG he knew he had a platform to wage war on this forum, plus he could get away with slagging off RG articles by fellow freelancers, such as Adam Bucanan, yet he wouldn't have that freedom on the magazines official forum, in fact he was running to Mods and hitting report over there as soon as anyone started putting his articles under the spotlight.

All this talk of spies is childish.

Kieren himself pushed to rejoin here and again i ask why, if he hated it so much?

Kieren joined Retrocanteen forum,just to see what ex-RG posters were saying about him on a private forum.

Yet again his double standards are blatant,  what's good for the goose,is certainly good enough for the gander.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Albert said:

Anyone can read this thread, without even being logged in.

..Al

Yep, this isn't Atari-Sector, JSIII, RetroCanteen etc.

Anyone can read, benefits of this being a public forum.

Our discussions are on a nothing to hide basis.

Some might not be popular with individuals, but everything is out in the open.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, PeteProdge said:

If/when the police talk to these people, they put their side of the story to you. And we both know that's going to include a lot of screenshots of your abuse. And despite your protestations, that is still admissible in their statements.

Quite happy to hand over the rather large archive of screencaps and emails from the last decade regarding how Kieren has been openly attacking myself and others, and encouraging others to also do the same, including many, many from Jaguar Sector III - including ones he left up just long enough for people to read before deleting, to any police force that requests them. Especially the ones where he claims I'm homophobic and causing gay people to leave the scene.

People have been capturing from JS3 since the day it opened to collect this stuff because we knew he wouldn't stop hurling abuse at people.  We've watched all his rants and attacks, all his purges of spies. All his posts and deletions. All of it.

What I've posted here is the tip of the tip of the iceberg.  

Kieren, don't embarass yourself further. Admit your part in this, seek help, and then just LEAVE the retro scene and don't come back, ever.  Let everyone heal without you.  I don't think I can ever bring myself to forgive you, but right now I'd be more than happy to just forget you.

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, Lost Dragon said:

Yep, this isn't Atari-Sector, JSIII, RetroCanteen etc.

Anyone can read, benefits of this being a public forum.

Our discussions are on a nothing to hide basis.

Some might not be popular with individuals, but everything is out in the open.

Yes, and typically I already know this as I often share interesting threads and links from here, honestly just a mistake, I was temporary mistaken and confused ??

Not the first time and most likely not the last, chalk it up to human error. ??

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
correction
  • Like 3

@PeterProdge:

That's what i have been trying to make clear to Kieren (who rather strangely used term UK Police have been contacted, yet doesn't name a specific constabulary...) 

With what is now a mountain of reports from multiple individuals across various social media platforms,stretching back years, plus some of these individuals pursuing legal action of their own against you Kieren,  you are in real and present danger of the police authorities gaining powers to have your ISP details searched for on the likes of Twitter, FB, Wikipedia etc.

You've already proven your useless at covering your tracks, not realising when you subscribed to my YT channel i would receive a notification,  changing the Forza 77 profile name and picture would also change image on your own Goggle profile.

If Amazon investigate the Retrogirl account and it's proven to be linked to your or those connected to you at a personal level.. 

If Twitter finds the Beast 666 and many other accounts used to spread horrific allegations about others are your creation..

Your already drowning in allegations from likes of Octav1us Kitten, Chris Wilkins,  Mr Biffo that you were behind campaigns, not a single crusade, but campaigns, designed specifically to target them,cause serious damage to them as individuals and their projects. 

You seem to grasp the most basic understanding of just what the consequences of your actions are and just how severe the risks to yourself are here.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, CyranoJ said:

Quite happy to hand over the rather large archive of screencaps and emails from the last decade regarding how Kieren has been openly attacking myself and others, and encouraging others to also do the same, including many, many from Jaguar Sector III - including ones he left up just long enough for people to read before deleting, to any police force that requests them.

People have been capturing from JS3 since the day it opened to collect this stuff because we knew he wouldn't stop hurling abuse at people.  We've watched all his rants and attacks, all his purges of spies. All his posts and deletions. All of it.

What I've posted here is the tip of the tip of the iceberg.  

Kieren, don't embarass yourself further. Admit your part in this, seek help, and then just LEAVE the scene. Let everyone heal without you.  I don't think I can ever bring myself to forgive you, but right now I'd be more than happy to just forget you.

The police wouldn't just stop with any of the individuals named so far on this thread, it would have to go back over Kierens previous employers and reasons for his dismissal and behaviour at work would have to be looked into.

Do you really want that Pandoras box opened Kieren 

They'd also need to speak to various Retro Event organisers regarding alleged incidents over the years that won't be detailed in this thread...

CyranoJ is right here, for your own sake, for the welfare of yourself and your family,  if nothing else,just leave the scene and LET IT HEAL.

If you can't bring yourself to apologise to all those you've damaged and set out to destroy, so be it, but at least let yourself fade from all of this and let the community come to terms with everything, bridge building can begin again and the community can get back to simply CREATING CONTENT everyone can enjoy.

That's why we joined after all wasn't it?

To share, to create, to discuss, to assist, to enjoy our shared passion? 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Shamus said:

I have very good reason to believe that you were warned about Kieren well in advance of publication of this book, and that the reply that came back from your publishing house was "he hasn't done anything to us, so piss off".  It is precisely this attitude that has allowed Kieren to continue to cause trouble for the past fifteen years, that, and the bizarre lack of certain people to name him for his misdeeds when they are so overwhelmingly documented and incontrovertibly true; as if what's being reported is merely conjecture that can and should be given the benefit of the doubt.

Kieren isn't just some random guy on the internet causing internet drama, he is a person who has repeatedly demonstrated not only a willingness to lie about himself and his own accomplishments, but also to lie about other people in order to damage their reputations, set people against each other, and even worse.  He is what most people, looking only at his pattern of behavior, would politely call a psychopath.  In his mind, he is never at fault, ever; every bad thing that has ever come his way is always and can only be the result of external factors beyond his control.

As bad as that is, he is also known for taking other people's work and portraying it as his own; he will also make up whatever he thinks will sound plausible to the gullible.  He portrays himself as an expert on all things retro, even though it's easy to see through this puffed up portrait he has made of himself.  It baffles me how anyone could take such lazy, dishonest work seriously, especially when a little digging will yield the truth about him and his shoddy writing.

Again, he has been doing this for fifteen years.  And so when I hear of his involvement with a book like yours, I have no choice but to take a principled stand against it as having him profit from it in any way is an affront to everyone who has integrity and is doing their best to put out good, honest work.  Further, by embracing him and putting his input into your book, you have invariably lowered the quality of it as anything he writes cannot be trusted to be accurate, knowledgeable, or factual.  This is not a matter of opinion, this is, again, a matter of incontrovertible fact.  And, since you won't even tell us which parts he contributed to, we have to assume that all of it is tainted.

And again, I have good reason to believe that you were warned about him well in advance of publication, meaning that you are not being forthcoming here Mr. Dyer.  You say you want to "publicly state the facts regarding Kieren’s involvement and squash the speculation", but, given that you were warned about Kieren and decided to have him involved anyway, makes it seem more like you are trying desperately to minimize his involvement and deflect any blame from your company for the decision--which you made--to bring him on.

And so, this is a definite, absolute no; I will never buy a copy of your new book as it lends credence to Mr. Hawken and gives him unearned prestige; not only that, I also refuse to enrich Mr. Hawken as a matter of principle, and anyone who enables him to be so enriched, such as people like yourself.  Good day to you sir.

Sorry Sam, but the above is how a lot of us are feeling in essence. 

We have very good reason to believe you were aware shall we say,  of the risks involved using Kieren as a Ghost Writer, based on his reputation and that people your involved with at a professional level, wouldn't have anything to do with Kieren for fear of being tarnished by the old guilty by association adage.

You took a gamble Sam, nobody knew this was going to blow up in the manner it has the past few weeks, nobody expected so many statements to come foreward from so many prominent players.

The word out there before all this broke simply was you were prepared to risk using Kieren as your brand was established enough to ensure a few people from here and elsewhere, boycotting the book, wasn't going to have any real impact on sales.

I'm not singling you out, I could never figure why numerous others took him on, after they themselves had flagged hin up. 

I refer you to the earlier RG forum post i put up with the magazines editor pointing out Kierens history for trolling Nintendo threads and being in top 3 reported posters on the forum, yet it was said editor who took kieren on as a freelance writer.

It's how you've handled the situation since this has kicked off that makes me uncomfortable. 

A refusal to respond on Twitter.. 

Asking people to email you with any Q's rather than engage in open discussion on here.

And the silence when asked exactly what Kieren has written and how much of it there is.

When a certain other Atari Visual book was being discussed at length and not in a favourable manner, contributors like myself and Fred_M made very clear the extent of OUR works and we had nothing to protect.

Neither of us backed the project at crowd funding,  I myself just felt backers deserved to know exactly what content I had sourced and provided myself.

• Like 3