IGNORED

The new TheC64 Microswitch controller

eightbit

Is in one word: OUTSTANDING.

I ordered one of these from the UK about three weeks ago and it arrived today finally. I think I only paid $30 (with shipping) so fair price. My impression is just WOW. This is a rock solid microswitch controller. It has heft and feels really really good. I have never owned an original Competition Pro controller, but I would imagine it is on par with a new one of those. It was pure delight to play Galencia tonight using this thing...and then Jumpman...and then Monty on the Run. I really wish I could adapt this thing to work on my real C64 units, because it is now bar none the best controller I own.

The original C64 Mini controller went right back in the box and into storage ;)

You guys are in for a treat when this thing comes to the US. I hope they keep with the same quality!

Edited by eightbit
  • Like 2

Did you get some complimentary cotton to stuff in your ears while using? ?

I've owned a couple of recent modern Comp Pro repro's and holy cow are they LOUD! Built well yes, but way too loud for my tastes. Wish they'd reproduce the original leaf switch Competition Pro's we had BITD. Now *those* were some of the best sticks ever made.   :love:

Will say though, that the self centering spring on the latest repros are nice and tight for a microswitch stick. Not as likely to accidentally hit the wrong direction, which I was always doing on the Epyx sticks. Especially during the "Up is Jump" games. lol

9 minutes ago, save2600 said:

Did you get some complimentary cotton to stuff in your ears while using? ?

I've owned a couple of recent modern Comp Pro repro's and holy cow are they LOUD! Built well yes, but way too loud for my tastes. Wish they'd reproduce the original leaf switch Competition Pro's we had BITD. Now *those* were some of the best sticks ever made.   :love:

Haha, I like the noises :) I used to use the Epyx 500XJ exclusively and those were loud too....although maybe not as loud as these. But, they annoy the wife so they get two thumbs up in my book. I'm gunna keep clicking the night away!

I have to get some of those repro Comp Pro's as well. I need a USB version for Amibian on the Pi, and would really love to own some DB9 versions for my real machines. But the latter may be pretty hard (and expensive now) to come by unfortunately.

Edited by eightbit