IGNORED

Intellivision Flashback Adapters

orion1052003

6 hours ago, cmart604 said:

I’ll let Rick chime in but I believe it’s his plan to make these it’s just he has quite a backlog of orders I believe and too much real life. ??

I think I read on a bathroom wall he will move you to the front of the line if you pay him in loose Carnival and Sharp Shot carts. 

• Like 1

Here's the cheat-sheet for making these cables that I put together some time ago:

DB9 diagrams

MALE PORT          FEMALE PLUG

_________         _________

( 1 2 3 4 5 )       ( 5 4 3 2 1 )

\ 6 7 8 9 /         \ 9 8 7 6 /

\_____/            \_____/

Mapping for converter for plugging an Intellivision flashback controller into an Intellivision 

---------------------

Socket (M) end      ->      Plug (F) end

1                                    4

2                                    6

3                                    5

4                                    2

5                                    9

6                                    8

7                                    7

8                                    3

9                                    1

Anyone know if the female adapter on this cable is long enough to connect to Sears INTV console or Intellivision II?

https://www.amazon.com/Serial-Female-Extension-Straight-Through/dp/B07B4TZ1TT/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1LXHIPO8JI3L4&keywords=db9+female+to+male+cable&qid=1580319538&sprefix=%2Caps%2C199&sr=8-3

When I built my own Flashback cable, I cannibalized an Intellivision II cable--just cut a non-working controller off of the original cable and used the female end with a F/M serial cable I bought.  The new serial cable didn't plug into the console because the female end was too short.

I'm toying with the idea of maybe doing a Kickstarter for these cables.  That would help me estimate interest, defray initial costs, and limit production runs to something I could reasonably accomplish.

3 hours ago, gar0u said:

Anyone know if the female adapter on this cable is long enough to connect to Sears INTV console or Intellivision II?

https://www.amazon.com/Serial-Female-Extension-Straight-Through/dp/B07B4TZ1TT/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1LXHIPO8JI3L4&keywords=db9+female+to+male+cable&qid=1580319538&sprefix=%2Caps%2C199&sr=8-3

When I built my own Flashback cable, I cannibalized an Intellivision II cable--just cut a non-working controller off of the original cable and used the female end with a F/M serial cable I bought.  The new serial cable didn't plug into the console because the female end was too short.

I'm toying with the idea of maybe doing a Kickstarter for these cables.  That would help me estimate interest, defray initial costs, and limit production runs to something I could reasonably accomplish.

Unfortunately, I’ve tried to find breakout boards with the long, narrow or molded plastic end that would work better with old consoles, but searches just keep bringing up the same type. Sellers seem to add words like Dsub, narrow and molded to the ordinary old db9 connectors on PC serial cables. I would prefer these with my own wire and a heat shrink exterior over dismantling extension cables since the wires and plastic shroud around the wires is so thin that they can break or crack easily if you’re not gentle with them. 

The nurmix cables were fine good looking work. 

• Like 1

On 1/29/2020 at 12:43 PM, gar0u said:

I need a couple of these. I have the sears super arcade, and two like-new flashback controllers I can't use on it.  I'd be happy to purchase them thru kickstarter, or directly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’m planning to start making more of these in the not too distant future, as there really are a lot of people who’ve asked me about them... which kind of surprises me as I thought all of the Inty fans already bought them from me.

In the mean time, I made a video on my Intellivision II / Sears adapters a long time ago. You need to be able to solder, but they aren’t difficult to make, just a little time consuming.

I do have a long waiting list already, and I still need to follow up with people from a while back, but if anyone here wants to be added to the list, send an email to adapters@intellivisionaries.com and I’ll add you.

•Sent from my Intellivision keypad phone

Thanks [mention=19229]nurmix[/mention]  
These are for using the 2014 Flashback controls on old consoles, right?

If I wanted the FB controls on USB, I'm looking for something different, correct?

Either way I appreciate you making more of these things!

Correct - my adapters let you use 2014 Flashback controllers on the original or Sears/Inty II.

For USB, you’d need something like The Ultimate PC Interface or Vision-daptor.

• Thanks 1

On 3/2/2020 at 7:34 AM, nurmix said:

I’m planning to start making more of these in the not too distant future, as there really are a lot of people who’ve asked me about them... which kind of surprises me as I thought all of the Inty fans already bought them from me.

In the mean time, I made a video on my Intellivision II / Sears adapters a long time ago. You need to be able to solder, but they aren’t difficult to make, just a little time consuming.

I do have a long waiting list already, and I still need to follow up with people from a while back, but if anyone here wants to be added to the list, send an email to adapters@intellivisionaries.com and I’ll add you.

I just wish you’d stop using sweatshop labour to make these.....and by sweatshop labour I mean Rick. Seriously he gets very sweaty making these for you. Maybe buy the poor guy a fan or an AC unit. Jeesh. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/2/2020 at 10:34 AM, nurmix said:

Please add me to the waiting list (if I am not there already). 

Thanks