IGNORED

Is Best Electronics gone?

jeff20

I have tried to reach them using several email addresses (in case I was caught by spam filters) for the last few months.  No reply.  The website is still there.  Has anyone done business with them recently? And furthermore, could anyone recommend an alternative for purchasing 5200 controllers? Thanks. 

• Sad 1

Brad is still there. I sent an email last week. I thought it went unanswered until I checked my gmail spam folder and there was his response.

The irony of put Atari something something in the subject line so our spam filters will let it through and their response gets flagged as spam. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

You were absolutely correct! After digging through my spam folder, I found a reply to my first email. Their reply email had all kinds of images and links in it.  I got a little worried there. I don’t think anyone else offers these services.  

Edited by jeff20
  • Like 3

I literally just purchased some parts from Bradley at Best Electronics. I placed the order about 10 days ago and received it last Thursday.

I think they might work in spurts. I recall in the past I have sent emails which were responded to right away and some others that took a week or so.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, joeatari1 said:

Just ordered from him via phone.  He only takes orders that are 3-4 items in length.  Says his warehouse is backed up until the end of the month but will ship out in order of receipt.

:ponder: But somehow he will manage to get your order out the next day. He is so full of it.

• Haha 2

I’m in the process of ordering from Brad and I too had to dig through my spam folder to find his response to my inquiry.

I really want someone to volunteer to clean up his website because we’re now in 2020 and frankly it’s inexcusable that his site still looks the way it does. You also have to look at the addendum to get an up-to-date list of his stock, and even then he still lists stuff that’s been out of stock for ages. I asked about possibly getting an 800 top case, but he’s been out of stock for over 17 years and he’ll never get any in. Granted he lists it as out of stock, but there comes a time when you need to take stuff off the list because it’s been out of stock for so long.

A shopping cart system would do wonders for him too, having to contact him in such a specific way just to order something is a pain TBH.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AtariBrian said:

:ponder: But somehow he will manage to get your order out the next day. He is so full of it.

Yup. I know.  He also says the warehouse is so backed up and busy, like he has multiple employees.  I think he is a one man show, which begs the question, why does he talk about himself in the third person?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ApolloBoy said:

I’m in the process of ordering from Brad and I too had to dig through my spam folder to find his response to my inquiry.

I really want someone to volunteer to clean up his website because we’re now in 2020 and frankly it’s inexcusable that his site still looks the way it does. You also have to look at the addendum to get an up-to-date list of his stock, and even then he still lists stuff that’s been out of stock for ages. I asked about possibly getting an 800 top case, but he’s been out of stock for over 17 years and he’ll never get any in. Granted he lists it as out of stock, but there comes a time when you need to take stuff off the list because it’s been out of stock for so long.

A shopping cart system would do wonders for him too, having to contact him in such a specific way just to order something is a pain TBH.

People have been volunteering for the past 15 years to help with the website, inventory, tracking system, shipping, etc.  Go talk to a brick wall and you'll get an idea of the response you'll get.  Except, after a time, the brick wall won't actually tell you to "go fuck off".

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ApolloBoy said:

I really want someone to volunteer to clean up his website because we’re now in 2020 and frankly it’s inexcusable that his site still looks the way it does.

So you want someone else to volunteer their time and resources to change this guy's business (who obviously has no interest in changing anything) so that it becomes more appealing to you?  If there was such a thing as entitled millennial comment of the year award, you'd currently be in first place at the moment.

The guy is knowledgeable, he sells quality items, gets orders sent out quickly, doesn't rip people off, often sells new items for less than what you can find used on eBay and honors warranty claims without hassles.

Yes, he may be eccentric and likes to run his business in a style of days gone by...but it's been working for him longer than you've been alive. 

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Turbo-Torch said:

So you want someone else to volunteer their time and resources to change this guy's business (who obviously has no interest in changing anything) so that it becomes more appealing to you?  If there was such a thing as entitled millennial comment of the year award, you'd currently be in first place at the moment.

The guy is knowledgeable, he sells quality items, gets orders sent out quickly, doesn't rip people off, often sells new items for less than what you can find used on eBay and honors warranty claims without hassles.

Yes, he may be eccentric and likes to run his business in a style of days gone by...but it's been working for him longer than you've been alive. 

My dude, I've been dealing with Brad for the past few years and he's always been pleasant to deal with. I've even met him in person to pick up stuff I've bought. It's just that I find his ordering system to be rather antiquated and honestly it shouldn't require to dig through pages to find what you want. And yet somehow that makes me an "entitled millennial" like I'm just some caricature. Got it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 1980gamer said:

save2600, you bet and paid for the pleasure!

Love those gold 5200 controllers!  WELL.... As much as you can love a 5200 controller ;) 

I bought one of their refurbed controllers at CGE back in 2004... still works and I don't think I've ever had to do any maintenance come to think of it.

• Like 3

He has a $20 min order which is whats preventing me from getting a cable.  I cant find something else listed on his webpage that Im interested in.  The catalog doesnt count towards the $20 min I found out - Id like to see what else is there to make an order but its a chicken and egg situation for me right now.  Without the catalog I cant see everything, what I do see I dont need.

Edited by Goochman

11 minutes ago, AtariBrian said:

And if you pay with PayPal its a 50 dollar minimum. 

Yeah, last time I placed an order I paid via PayPal and just found some more stuff to pad onto the order. But don't forget he only allows you to have like 3 or 4 things at most on a single order. So that adds to the challenge a bit more. My last order was for Lynx II flex mylar and I decided to add a set of the rubber contacts for my personal lynx and I think 3 or 4 of the new speakers to get it over where I needed it to be.

• Like 1

It's obvious that Brad's heart just isn't in this anymore.  He either can't or won't modernize his business and it's becoming more and more of a problem to deal with him.  I wish he would sell it to someone who would try and bring it into the modern age, but I doubt he makes much off of selling left over Atari parts so even if he was interested it might be hard to find a buyer.  I'm sure he has some serious treasures hidden in there.

• Like 6

• 1 month later...