IGNORED

Dark side of the spoon demo question

eightbit

• 1 month later...
On 1/25/2020 at 6:35 AM, snarkdluG said:

My test with a real STe above was done thru a OSSC with a scart cable from the STe. Then hooked up to a BenQ 24" monitor. So OSSC works fine, at least on mine.

Well....I discovered this week that this demo does NOT work with any STE machine. How? Well...

I found two people with STE machines that have tested it and confirmed the same issue. Then, since I now also have a MiSTer FPGA and a pretty solid ST core has been released I decided to test it there. Yep, it is reproducible in the FPGA core as well. It exhibits the same issues when using an STE as well as a Mega STE. It works fine with a stock ST. I even went to far as to test it with every available TOS which makes no difference.

So, given the fact that it does not work when tested on three real STE's (mine, and two others) and does the exact same thing when simulating an STE in FPGA I would say that it is absolutely not compatible with an STE.

That means either you have a very special STE or just an ST that has an STE case badge ;)