IGNORED

FIXED: Doom error

18 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

Delete the MRQ. It might have the wrong EEPROM type.

Deleting the MRQ didn't change anything. Still if I start a game with a previous .e2p I can reliably get it to crash more then half of the time. If I start a game with no .e2p in the folder I've been unable to get the game to crash.

Firmware v1.07 Menu v1.04 ASIC v1.05 and Stub V1.02 are the current versions correct?  

Edited by oakcitycomics

Here is a video of it crashing using the Goodjag 2.01 rom.  Just crashes to a black scree no rainbow bars but still crashes with using a .e2p from a previous game. I'm at a loss at this point. Maybe its just a bug in the early Jaguar silicon not playing nice. I'm not ruling out the possibility both my Jaguars could be the culprit since they are both early IBM models. Who really knows to be honest. I did order another Jaguar console, hopefully it will be here early next week. 

28 minutes ago, str0m said:

Yes same versions as me. Its been running for 2 hours here in demo and I started a game on lv3, no issues.

Tried a different SD card?

Yep 16gb PNY, 16gb Silicon Power, 32gb Transend, 32gb Samsung, 64GB Sandisk, 128GB Sandisk, 200GB Sandisk, and a 4gb one that came with my Nintendo 3ds when I bought it new 

10 hours ago, walter_J64bit said:

Did anyone check to see if it's a "NTSC" or "PAL" problem with the game system?

Both of my systems are NTSC North American release both purchased originally from Babbages. As far as I know the two Doom roms I've tried are region free, could be wrong.  I just find it odd this behavior does not happen with a retail doom cart. The M model Jag I ordered off ebay shipped yesterday so hopefully it will be here early next week. I wish I still had my Skunkboard to test it as well but sold it once I got the Jag SD. Though I don't remember every playing doom on the skunk since I had a retail cart. 

1 hour ago, oakcitycomics said:

Both of my systems are NTSC North American release both purchased originally from Babbages. As far as I know the two Doom roms I've tried are region free, could be wrong.  I just find it odd this behavior does not happen with a retail doom cart. The M model Jag I ordered off ebay shipped yesterday so hopefully it will be here early next week. I wish I still had my Skunkboard to test it as well but sold it once I got the Jag SD. Though I don't remember every playing doom on the skunk since I had a retail cart. 

I thinking maybe adding a 50/60 hz mod to your Jag to see if having your Jag in PAL would make a differences.    

I'm using a program called Checksum Calculator and its producing this value with the two roms I've got both the same. I'm using the GoodJag v2.01 rom set which was the one Saint recommended in the main forum and the Jag (World) rom set.

Doom (world) =1579998144

GoodJag 2.01 Doom - Evil Unleashed (1994).jag =  1579998144

They look to be the same rom. I downloaded 3 other rom versions of doom off the internet all the same checksum as above. I'm not finding any rom with 5e2cdbc0 . Not sure if its Checksum Calculator that's producing a different value or if that rom isn't the main on flooding the internet cause I'm not able to locate any that doesn't produce the value 1579998144

On 1/22/2020 at 9:27 PM, oakcitycomics said:
On 1/22/2020 at 8:56 PM, str0m said:

Tried a different SD card?

Yep 16gb PNY, 16gb Silicon Power, 32gb Transend, 32gb Samsung, 64GB Sandisk, 128GB Sandisk, 200GB Sandisk, and a 4gb one that came with my Nintendo 3ds when I bought it new 

Edited by Zerosquare

• 2 months later...

Sorry, very late to this one, but that's really interesting that the difference is having an existing E2P file. That's the EEPROM save game info (which I'm sure you know!), which doesn't actually affect the way the cart behaves (EEPROM is always enabled), however a save game will naturally affect the game code . I've done some patches relating to instability on loading with very old 1.0 revision GPU and DSP, this may possibly have a knock on with EEPROM data as its using the same cycle access times as other IO. I'll PM you a firmware update to try out, it would be very interesting to see if it helps with this.

• Like 2