IGNORED

Jag u2 required?

max2000

Hi all, new Jag owner here!  

Have been wanting one for years and finally came across one at a local market I could afford.     I was told by the vendor it doesn’t work, but thought with all the great information on here I might be able to fix it.   I’m ok with a soldering iron.

Expected the usual power problem and needing to replace the regulator (parts ordered), but also found u2 was pulled off the board.  (strange?)  I only found one post that talks about u2 saying its a “luma delay line” and used for RF/Composite or SVideo but not RGB.    I’m in Canada so don’t think RGB (scart?) is an option.   

Hoping the great Jag community can help me save this machine.  U2 doesn’t look like an off the shelf part (small silver box with little coils inside).   Is there somewhere that might sell these?  A different part that can be used or can it just be bypassed without harming the console?   

Thanks for any help!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Zerosquare said:

U2's part number is H321LNP-1436PBAB, manufactured by Toko. There are some for sale on eBay.

For testing, you can bypass it. The color will be slightly misaligned, but it won't harm anything.

Thanks Zerosquare!  This is exactly what I was looking for.  Pulled the trigger on eBay so now just waiting on all parts to arrive to hopefully get the jag working again.  Then it’s time to find some games.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, max2000 said:

Thanks Zerosquare!  This is exactly what I was looking for.  Pulled the trigger on eBay so now just waiting on all parts to arrive to hopefully get the jag working again.  Then it’s time to find some games.

Good luck, and might I suggest the AtariAge store? :)

• Like 1

Congratulations on finding a Jaguar in Canada! 

I have been interested in video game since I received my first Atari 2600 in the early-1980s, but I have yet to see one in-person. There was such limited retail distribution here. 

2 hours ago, jhd said:

Congratulations on finding a Jaguar in Canada! 

I have been interested in video game since I received my first Atari 2600 in the early-1980s, but I have yet to see one in-person. There was such limited retail distribution here. 

Thanks JHD!   I was in a flea market and spotted it.  When I asked about it, the seller said he had it sitting on the counter for “years” as a conversation piece.  He had attempted to fix it unsuccessfully and agreed to sell it to me.

I was looking for many years too and thought about buying from the UK until this came up.   Just keep looking!

• Like 1