IGNORED

Mega STE/TT LED replacements!

leech

Not sure how they managed to fit color changing circuitry in that tiny thing, but I thought it was neat so I bought a pack of them. 

So if people want the psychedelic mix for their systems, let me know.

I am also attempting to see if I can clean up the rest of my original holder for the power with that Bar Keepers Friend stuff.  So far it has been much more stubborn than the HD cage.  But have gotten a lot of it off.

@leech thats more than reasonable.  I'm leaning towards keeping it stock green for the power, but that LED lightshow has me considering something "exotic".  Go ahead and put me down for a green and a color changing one with a 3d printed bracket.

If you get the HD pricing figured out, I'll take a yellow one of those.  I need to figure out on my end how to attach it to an internally mounted UltraSatan 1.2.  I don't see ready made header for LEDs on Lotharek's PCB.

23 minutes ago, swatcop said:

@leech thats more than reasonable.  I'm leaning towards keeping it stock green for the power, but that LED lightshow has me considering something "exotic".  Go ahead and put me down for a green and a color changing one with a 3d printed bracket.

If you get the HD pricing figured out, I'll take a yellow one of those.  I need to figure out on my end how to attach it to an internally mounted UltraSatan 1.2.  I don't see ready made header for LEDs on Lotharek's PCB.

Ha, yeah I couldn't find a working LED header on the quantum 120mb hardrive I have either, so hooked up my cr2032 'tester' up to it to see how it looks.  Soldering wires to that battery has been very useful for the build process.

1 hour ago, leech said:

I think I'll have people just PM me their orders, might be easier to manage that way, then I can get # of LEDs, if they want an extra LED sized for the hard drive (with grommet replacement) and what colors.  I currently have green, yellow and Psycho-Delic.

PM Sent, thanks!  Also, regarding my previous post Lotharek sent this pic to me for polarity on the J8 pin header (UltraSatan 1.2) in case anyone else is using them.

gbeabbhkofhepjbo.png

32 minutes ago, swatcop said:

PM Sent, thanks!  Also, regarding my previous post Lotharek sent this pic to me for polarity on the J8 pin header (UltraSatan 1.2) in case anyone else is using them.

gbeabbhkofhepjbo.png

Yeah, I make sure when I solder everything up that the red wire goes to positive!  And I test at every stage.  so test LED, test the solder from the end of the wire, test once I put the housing pins on, then test once it's in the housing., then once that's done, I heat shrink the tubing to cover up my f'ugly soldering job!

Because I love overkill (and options!), I think for my HDD version order I'd want:

1 psychedelic

1 yellow

2 green

and of course, the HDD post/replacement itself.

I'll PM this to you when you do formally announce that it's ready. :)

Thanks!

Edited by DarkLord
Corrections...

So sorry for the silence on this; work has been crazy.  Weather has been not nice to my hands, so lots of lotion, and lots of lotion means staying away from the soldering iron.

Just attempted to solder one up with the 30AWG I ordered, and it's a bit too far the other way (too tiny), so settled on some 26AWG.  Bonus of this, is that they're bonded together like the original ones I was doing, whereas the 30gauge were separate wires, so would have to be twisted, which I never liked. 

Once I get that wire in, and hopefully can get better at crimping the pins, I should be able to create these much faster and start sending them out to people.

Ha, got a scale now so I can actually measure out the shipping prices better as well!

I also got some Polycarbon PLA, but I haven't tried printing with that yet.  I'm hoping they're a little stronger than normal PLA.

This should work as a nice sleeve, but my hard drive holder is still mostly okay, so I don't really want to slice it.  But here is a 'beta' of the fix for rusted ones.  I need to widen the opening for the grommet with a file for now.

2020-02-18 09.41.11.jpg

2020-02-18 09.41.24.jpg

2020-02-18 09.41.48.jpg

Edited by leech

Here are the STL files for those that want to print these themselves.  And please do, I'd like them tested for sure.  I'll upload them to Thingiverse once I'm happy with it.  I trimmed down the model after I printed some so that I could just print and fit.

Atari HDLED.stl Atari HDLED-trimmed.stl

Edited by leech
grammar