IGNORED

A tale of dragons and swords??

poconojo

5 hours ago, cmart604 said:

William posted on FB. It’s a new KAI game that will be released by Elektronite this year. Looks very promising ??

It is actually an Elektronite game that was developed in association with Kai Magazine. We had a design of a dungeon crawl and teamed up with Oscar Kenneth to do a Swords and Serpents type game. It isn't something that we are simply publishing. Most of the original design had some problems and was not complete in many ways. A lot of the original design was not used and it was greatly improved upon and enhanced by Oscar, and his talents really shine through in this game. One of our testers, despite these not being his type of game is a bit addicted to the game play. The game is complete and in final testing. It is simply a matter of doing the manual, overlays and box. 

44 minutes ago, Sinjinhawke said:

I wonder how hard it would be to kill the dragon.  Imagine getting all the way to the bottom level of a dungeon and not even being able to interact with the dragon.   It just sits there.  Duin nutting!

That is what happens in Swords and Serpents and one of the motivations for doing a game such as this. Valter Prette was pushing for this game and is the one that got the design that this game is loosely based on done. 

• Like 10

5 hours ago, Sinjinhawke said:

I wonder how hard it would be to kill the dragon.  Imagine getting all the way to the bottom level of a dungeon and not even being able to interact with the dragon.   It just sits there.  Duin nutting!

I know exactly what you are referring to!??

• Like 2

On 1/22/2020 at 2:02 PM, Elektronite said:

It is actually an Elektronite game that was developed in association with Kai Magazine. We had a design of a dungeon crawl and teamed up with Oscar Kenneth to do a Swords and Serpents type game. It isn't something that we are simply publishing. Most of the original design had some problems and was not complete in many ways. A lot of the original design was not used and it was greatly improved upon and enhanced by Oscar, and his talents really shine through in this game. One of our testers, despite these not being his type of game is a bit addicted to the game play. The game is complete and in final testing. It is simply a matter of doing the manual, overlays and box. 

That is what happens in Swords and Serpents and one of the motivations for doing a game such as this. Valter Prette was pushing for this game and is the one that got the design that this game is loosely based on done. 

the (non) final found in sword&serpents is the most important inspiration that lead me to discuss the basis for a maze game, and of corse I was since years awaiting for the chance to have a dragon as major character in some game... the work Kai is doing is exceeding my best whishes... this is a nosense for this platform.... but of corse you need to like knights and dragons!! 

• Like 4

On 1/22/2020 at 1:10 PM, Sinjinhawke said:

The dragon is fully animated and it presents a serious challenge (depending on the level of your character).

The game has 3 different endings with different full screen pixel art images.

• Like 8

Tthank you for your kind words, guys!

The game is finished and in beta-testing process.

The release date might be on this year's Portland event, but I don't know for sure.

The game features different difficulty levels, in-cartridge save game, different graphics and musics for the dungeons, many multi-coloured enemies, 99 levels of experience for the player/character, shops, magic items, new habilities, 3 endings and much more, all in a big capacity cartridge (the game is 200Kb aprox).

The musics are composed by John Hassink (TNT cowboy, Antropomorphic Force) and the cover is made by Miguel Angel Jimenez (TNT cowboy, Antropomorphic Force), gaphics,and code by me, and the original concept/idea by Valter Prete.

It is a pretty big production!

We will try to post a game-play video soon.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...