Jump to content
poconojo

A tale of dragons and swords??

Recommended Posts

William posted on FB. It’s a new KAI game that will be released by Elektronite this year. Looks very promising 👍🏻

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder how hard it would be to kill the dragon.  Imagine getting all the way to the bottom level of a dungeon and not even being able to interact with the dragon.   It just sits there.  Duin nutting!

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, cmart604 said:

William posted on FB. It’s a new KAI game that will be released by Elektronite this year. Looks very promising 👍🏻

It is actually an Elektronite game that was developed in association with Kai Magazine. We had a design of a dungeon crawl and teamed up with Oscar Kenneth to do a Swords and Serpents type game. It isn't something that we are simply publishing. Most of the original design had some problems and was not complete in many ways. A lot of the original design was not used and it was greatly improved upon and enhanced by Oscar, and his talents really shine through in this game. One of our testers, despite these not being his type of game is a bit addicted to the game play. The game is complete and in final testing. It is simply a matter of doing the manual, overlays and box. 

 

44 minutes ago, Sinjinhawke said:

I wonder how hard it would be to kill the dragon.  Imagine getting all the way to the bottom level of a dungeon and not even being able to interact with the dragon.   It just sits there.  Duin nutting!

That is what happens in Swords and Serpents and one of the motivations for doing a game such as this. Valter Prette was pushing for this game and is the one that got the design that this game is loosely based on done. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've included a few of the more impressive eye candy screens and the art that will be used on the box. 

 

The game will probably debut at the Portland show in August. 

NTSC Image8.png

NTSC Image4.png

NTSC Image5.png

NTSC Image6.png

Tales Cover.png

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sinjinhawke said:

I wonder how hard it would be to kill the dragon.  Imagine getting all the way to the bottom level of a dungeon and not even being able to interact with the dragon.   It just sits there.  Duin nutting!

I know exactly what you are referring to!👍😄

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is great to see. I bought Defender of the Crown and it's so impressive that it made me hopeful that a game like this could be made for the Intellivision.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2020 at 2:02 PM, Elektronite said:

It is actually an Elektronite game that was developed in association with Kai Magazine. We had a design of a dungeon crawl and teamed up with Oscar Kenneth to do a Swords and Serpents type game. It isn't something that we are simply publishing. Most of the original design had some problems and was not complete in many ways. A lot of the original design was not used and it was greatly improved upon and enhanced by Oscar, and his talents really shine through in this game. One of our testers, despite these not being his type of game is a bit addicted to the game play. The game is complete and in final testing. It is simply a matter of doing the manual, overlays and box. 

 

That is what happens in Swords and Serpents and one of the motivations for doing a game such as this. Valter Prette was pushing for this game and is the one that got the design that this game is loosely based on done. 

 

the (non) final found in sword&serpents is the most important inspiration that lead me to discuss the basis for a maze game, and of corse I was since years awaiting for the chance to have a dragon as major character in some game... the work Kai is doing is exceeding my best whishes... this is a nosense for this platform.... but of corse you need to like knights and dragons!! 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2020 at 1:10 PM, Sinjinhawke said:

I wonder how hard it would be to kill the dragon.  Imagine getting all the way to the bottom level of a dungeon and not even being able to interact with the dragon.   It just sits there.  Duin nutting!

The dragon is fully animated and it presents a serious challenge (depending on the level of your character).

 

The game has 3 different endings with different full screen pixel art images.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kai_Magazine said:

The dragon is fully animated and it presents a serious challenge (depending on the level of your character).

 

The game has 3 different endings with different full screen pixel art images.

Bravo Oscar!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This game looks incredible. Looking forward to it. When will the game be ready for purchase? I would pay right now for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tthank you for your kind words, guys!

The game is finished and in beta-testing process.

The release date might be on this year's Portland event, but I don't know for sure.

 

The game features different difficulty levels, in-cartridge save game, different graphics and musics for the dungeons, many multi-coloured enemies, 99 levels of experience for the player/character, shops, magic items, new habilities, 3 endings and much more, all in a big capacity cartridge (the game is 200Kb aprox).

The musics are composed by John Hassink (TNT cowboy, Antropomorphic Force) and the cover is made by Miguel Angel Jimenez (TNT cowboy, Antropomorphic Force), gaphics,and code by me, and the original concept/idea by Valter Prete.

It is a pretty big production!

We will try to post a game-play video soon.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are dungeons randomized? Layout, items, etc?

Looking forward to the final product!

 

BTW, is it still possible to buy TNT Cowboy and AF?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dungeons and items are fixed, like Zelda and other games of this style. I like it better this way.

I don't know if TNT cowboy, AF and Ninja Odyssey are in stock at this moment but Elektronite makes small batches every now and then.

Please contact them at:

 

[email protected]

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am hoping to see a gameplay video soon. The game pics just look incredible. This is one game I will purchase for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...