IGNORED

Star Wars The Arcade Game

NinjaWarrior

Excellent port for the VCS and not exactly common, especially CIB. $25-$30 has been the going price for loose as long as I can remember. Actually, before the mainstream adopted eBay and you could only find them among fellow collectors in the newsgroups - they were typically valued around the $50 mark, which was really pricey for a 2600 game in the 90's! So looking at it from that standpoint, the games' come down in price quite a bit.   :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NinjaWarrior said:

I missed out gettiing this Game a few years ago at Dimple, When they got in a Crap ton of VCS Carts

But, Why does it hold it Value, I know it's a Good Game, I got it on my Wii..Play it though StellaWii

If you ever get the chance than try my trackball version. It's a game changing experience.

I also created the start up intro screen, so that you know it takes place A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Omegamatrix said:

If you ever get the chance than try my trackball version. It's a game changing experience.

I also created the start up intro screen, so that you know it takes place A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....

This version is awesome!

SW Arcade.jpg

• Like 1

- It's a pretty decent 2600 port of a still-popular arcade game, one with an incredibly cool concept to boot. (Hey, who didn't want to pilot an X-Wing and blow up the Death Star?)

- It's the rarest of the four released Star Wars games for the 2600. Like save2600 said, and after a quick sold listings search on eBay, $25-$30 still seems like the average going rate loose.

- Certainly the Star Wars name factor adds some interest, I'd venture to guess even for those without a 2600 console. Add in the vintage video game/coin-op-connection and rarity - and the fact that, frankly, the title of Star Wars: The Arcade Game just sounds cool - and it's understandable why the cart continues to hold value.

I didn't even know the arcade version existed for 2600 until much later in life, so I never played it.  Only played Empire and Death Star battle back in the day.  Marketing must have been weird.  Our exposure to what games were available were what KB Toys had when we would get taken to the mall.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2020 at 8:55 PM, thanatos said:

I didn't even know the arcade version existed for 2600 until much later in life, so I never played it.  Only played Empire and Death Star battle back in the day.  Marketing must have been weird.  Our exposure to what games were available were what KB Toys had when we would get taken to the mall.

Exactly!  So many games we know about now,...We had no clue about them back in the day!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Carlos Fandango Jr said:

Someone is currently selling a CIB copy for $450 on eBay... 

This seems very steep to me.

Or is it that rare?

Anyone think this is a fair price?

BTW: This is one of the last 3 parker games that I don't have.. obviously Qubes & Castle being the other 2.

Pricecharting has Star Wars The Arcade game CIB at about $60. You can also do search on ebay for the game and on the lower left click the Sold and Completed boxes to see what the latest have gone for.

UPDATE: Ebay shows a CIB sold on 4. June 2020 for $32.95 and $3.99 Shipping.

Edited by JasperAK
Checked Ebay