IGNORED

Test Poll: What do you normally play Atari 2600 games on?

ZeroPage Homebrew

Test Poll: What do you normally play Atari 2600 games on?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. What do you normally play Atari 2600 games on?

• Real hardware (Six/Four Switch, Atari Jr/Atari 7800 etc)
    • Computer Emulator (Stella/Z26)
    • Online Emulator (Javatari)
    • Hardware Emulator (Retron77, Atari Fkashback, etc)

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I've got a 2600 with Harmony cart hooked up to an old TV right next to my MAME cabinet in the basement, which is where I do 99% of my 2600 gaming. 

I'm a huge emulation advocate in general, though.  Most other platforms get lots of play on emulators, usually on the go using my tablet and a Logitech controller.  This is probably the reason why I don't play the 2600 via emulation - I can't stand using a d-pad controller for the system.  I know there are ways of using a real joystick (in fact, I have an adapter to do it) but I'm not going to pack 2 controllers when I travel. 

Playing games is split between a heavy and light sixer.... One is set up,  the other packed away in a box,  and I swap them once a year or so.  Whenever I see a new homebrew,  hack or proto available,  I download it and check it out briefly with Altirra on my pc.... If I like it,  it gets added to my Harmony cart and then played on real hardware. 

All of them, weirdly. I have been using the Retron 77 quite a bit, but I have an uno cart too so I tend to use the 7800 when I'm playing a 7800 game and want the backwards compatibility.

I tend to use emulation on PC when I just want to double check features of a game, or how a mechanic or menu works. I don't tend to actually use it to play games.

I'm using online emulators for testing my own games.