MrBeefy

New Intellivision Amico Info and Discussion Thread.

So there has been some discussion of this and I would like to get an information and discussion thread going. 

Amico, what is it?

Amico is Intellivision Entertainment's new console. The goal of the Amico is to be a family friendly casual gaming console that brings a strong couch co-op experience back to the living room.

What are the specs?

-Console
Dimensions / 11in x 9.5in x 2.5in

CPU / 8 core, 1.8Ghz

Memory / 2GB RAM, 16GB Flash 

Connectivity / HDMI, 12V power, 3 USB (2 charging, 1 memory expansion), SD card

Video / 1080p HDMI

Wireless / Bluetooth, WiFi, RFID 

It capable of 3D but will focus on 2.5D games. This means 3D games on a 2D field.

-Controllers
Quantity / Two shipped with console

Dimensions / 6in x 2.75in x 1in

Charging / Integrated wireless contact and/or wired USB C

Screen / 3.2” diagonal, 320 x 240 TFT color touchscreen

Audio / Speaker and microphone

Disc / 64-position disc with pressure sensing and interactive LED lighting

Buttons / 4 over-sized ambidextrous shoulder buttons, home button

Motion Control / gyroscope, accelerometer (wrist straps included)

Additional Features / Haptic force feedback, dedicated CPU and on-board memory 

In addition, with download of a special app you can connect and use your phone as an additional controller. Console will have the capability of having 8 controllers connected at once.

What about games?

Games will be curated by IE. The goal is for every game to be at least a 7 out of 10. The goal is to have less focus on graphics and more on a fun and unique gaming experience.

Games are said to be exclusive to Amico via special use of the controllers that other game systems won't be able to replicate, (touch screen on controllers, etc). Every game is said to have multiplayer support as a must.

Going with the family friendly aspect of the system, games will not be rated higher than E10+. No foul language, or gore.

The initial plan was to come with 7 or 8 pack in games.

It currently will come with 5 games.

Console Cost:

Initial price was around $150-$180.

Later changed to around $200.

Then talk of the Founder's Edition suggests retail is around $220-$230.

(Retail price not officially set)

Limited woodgrain from offered directly from IE will be around $279.

Other Limited colors will also retail around $279.

Games are going to be around $2.99-$9.99.

Prepaying and Founder's Edition:

On June 18, 2019 it was stated that they wouldn't collect money before you could play the system or games. That has recently changed. 

As of January 27, 2020 you will be able to put down a $100 prepay for the Founder's Edition.

While the final retail price is not set (as of January 25), the Founder's will be  set at $299. It is the woodgrain version. It will be signed and numbered (out of 2600). There will be some extras like a gift card to the Amico store that come with preordering the system. 

The Founder's Edition is not the only way to get the woodgrain version of the system.

Confirmed games being worked on: 

Astrosmash

Cloudy Mountian

Night Stalker

Shark Shark

Skiing

-Atari Games

Asteroids

Breakout

Missile Command

-Other Games

Earthworm Jim

Moon Patrol

Unnamed Dolphin Game (Echo?)

-Licenses they have but not confirmed as being developed. (Very much a WIP)

-Boardgames

Yahtzee

-Atari

Adventure

Archon

Kung-Fu Master

Lode Runner

Miner 2049er

Moon Patrol

MotoRace USA

R-Type

Spelunker

Super Burgertime

10-Yard Fight

ToeJam and Earl

Tropical Angel

Casual Sports/Yard Games:

Cornhole? Lawn games?

Still working on games. Still being updated. Thanks for your patience.

Edited by MrBeefy
Added controller specs and starting the game organization part...
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

I'm way behind on the Amico thread.  Did I miss preorder for the Founder's edition?

Not yet I think it is slotted for Tuesday.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

On their website?  Do you have a link to the info?

I believe it was mentioned that there will be an e-mail sent out to those on the official mailing list (of which you sign up for on the official website) informing everyone when the FE pre-order is open.

• Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

On their website?  Do you have a link to the info?

Like Tavi said I believe you should get an email if you signed up at their site.

I sure wish I understood the reasoning behind rushing to pre-order something that hasn't even been shown publicly.

The origin of the expression ‘pig in a poke’ comes from the 1500s, when a “poke” was a sack, and merchants would sell piglets in pokes, often sight unseen. When an unsuspecting buyer got his poke home and went to release the piglet, a chicken, duck, goose, or some other animal less valuable than a pig would come out of the bundle instead. The advice being given is “don’t buy anything until you have seen it.”

If it's any good, it should be widely available, and the first round of any consumer electronic item is seldom the best deal or highest quality device. 

• Like 1

I think it would help if this thread can stay intended end user based and without any participation from those who are involved in the creation of this machine. That way the positives and negatives can be shared equally without outside bias stating that the positive comments are "shills\nut huggers" or the negative comments are just "haters\trolls". A clean separation from that "other thread" should go a long way to seeing more civil discord from all, from my point of view that is. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

I sure wish I understood the reasoning behind rushing to pre-order something that hasn't even been shown publicly.

If it's any good, it should be widely available, and the first round of any consumer electronic item is seldom the best deal or highest quality device. 

I totally agree. It is why I shy away from jumping onto any system immediately. I'd rather be right on time or a little late to the party.

I think the excitement from this is more word of mouth and liking the concept. I'm hoping for the pre-order more is shown.

• Like 1

Just now, Shawn said:

I think it would help if this thread can stay intended end user based and without any participation from those who are involved in the creation of this machine. That way the positives and negatives can be shared equally without outside bias stating that the positive comments are "shills\nut huggers" or the negative comments are just "haters\trolls". A clean separation from that "other thread" should go a long way to seeing more civil discord from all, from my point of view that is. 

That is part of the reason for this. Also if I can get the rights Id like to try and keep the first post updated with info.

23 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

There are always day-1 buyers, crowd fund buyers with no prototype to analyze, FE buyers. I rarely buy anything until months after it's been released due to fear of another red-ring-of-death or other bugginess. I bought the XM off someone because it was supposedly shipping that month...it will still be cool if it ever works or gets shipped to people who bought it. Still not remorseful two years later. I bought the Pheonix early edition as I was not sure it would make it to release. Still fine with that $300. I don't go wild too often, but if it's something that's worth the calculated risk, I'll take my chances.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Also if I can get the rights Id like to try and keep the first post updated with info.

Done!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, jaybird3rd said:

Done!

Thank you sir!

Hopefully everyone can be patient as I weed through everything. I know I'm missing games from the list.

55 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Thank you sir!

Hopefully everyone can be patient as I weed through everything. I know I'm missing games from the list.

motorace usa - arcade
miner 2049er
Echo the Dolphin sequel

Super Burger Time

Bowling game 

yard games (corn hole, lawn darts, maybe ladder toss)

frogger

breakout

imagic:
altantis
microsurgeon
beauty & the beast
demon attack

irem:
Tropical Angel

Moon patrol

R-Type
Moon Patrol

10-yard fight

Lode Runner
Kung-Fu Master
Archon
Toe Jam and Earl Sequel
Spelunker

Atari:
Centipede
Breakout
Adventure
Lunar Lander
Yars' Revenge
Missile Command
Night Driver
Asteroids
Tempest

IE:

Astrosmash
Night Stalker
Tower of Doom
Frog Bog
B-17 Bomber
MLB Baseball
Utopia
Sea Battle
Football
Armor Battle
Bi-planes
SNAFU
Auto  Racing
Shark Shark

Confirmed Launch Titles:
Bowling
Super Burger Time
LodeRunner?
Moon Patrol
R-Type?
10-yard fight?
Toe Jam and Earl?
AD&D Title(s)

Possible releases:
TRON:deadly disks -Disney
Qbert - Sony
Lemmings -Sony
Lock & Chase

20 Brand New Games at Launch
Back Talk Party
Circus
Running Man game (not the book/movie)

Board/Card Games:
Texas Hold 'em

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

What are the specs?

Unsure at this time.

It capable of 3D but will focus on 2.5D games. This means 3D games on a 2D field.

CPU / 8 core, 1.8Ghz

Video / 1080p HDMI

Additional Features / Interactive Guidance Lighting, integrated wireless contact charging, passive cooling, Karma™ Gaming Engine

1 hour ago, Swami said:

CPU / 8 core, 1.8Ghz

Video / 1080p HDMI

Additional Features / Interactive Guidance Lighting, integrated wireless contact charging, passive cooling, Karma™ Gaming Engine

But! Does it play Netflix and DirecTV, Disney, AppleTV+ and Hulu?  Think about the poor moms, please.  I made sure my mum is set, can you?

J/K. but most of you know that, but I want unlimited taco recipes, with my purchase.

• Haha 2

Does anyone know if there has been any mention of if it will be region locked?

I ask as I'd like an FE but I'm in the Uk and don't know if the FE will be available here.

It's promising that it's 12v as at least I know it'll work power wise.

http://amicorevolution.com/console

Check if the info I have listed here is up to date, feel free to combine any new info you collect with what I already have........I would like to edit my site based on more up to date info you collect here if that is fine.   Thanks!

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, mr_me said:

If you're interested in the founders edition, submit your email address on their website for notification.

https://www.intellivisionamico.com

I'm already registered, how will they tell the difference?  Will it be a blanket email and who wants one replies?

42 minutes ago, IMBerzerk said:

I'm already registered, how will they tell the difference?  Will it be a blanket email and who wants one replies?

There's only one email list as far as I know.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, mr_me said:

There's only one email list as far as I know.

Thank you for the info,and that certainly sounds correct to me!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Swami said:

CPU / 8 core, 1.8Ghz

My Sept. 2017 Moto X4 is 2.2 GHz, 3GB RAM and 32GB flash.  Brand new I think it cost $350-$399, but it's 2020 and unlocked versions go for $139.

I don't think that's the Amico's draw, though.  People wonder why there are no exclusive AtariVCS games to coerce them into buying the console.  Well, now we have a console that is exclusively exclusives.  The very low-end specs may not even matter.

• Like 1