IGNORED

Season 9 ~ Week 24 ~ Beat The Leaders

Vocelli

56 minutes ago, AtariWarlord said:

Does anyone have any advice on identifying "doubling-back" fireballs on the rivet screen? I could be imagining this, but it seems like only one or two fireballs do this on any given screen. Has anyone else noticed this or am I imagining things?

The only thing I've noticed is that the fireballs on the 1st and 3rd levels are less agressive than the ones on levels 2 and 4.  I hardly ever trust those 2.

• Like 2

I decided to give it one more go, It went well ?

Managed the Rollage ( 1,000,000 pts ) without losing a life. Pretty happy with that.

Donkey Kong 1BB : ROLLAGE ( 1,000,000 pts )

Just before Rolling the score

999000e.thumb.JPG.451c6f31073d35b11079bdc3926611e7.JPG

Just After,

rollage.thumb.JPG.5600f63f9c0a26d1e0ba8fd5ac69514d.JPG

• Like 10

On 1/25/2020 at 5:47 AM, Tempest said:

I believe I read somewhere that the fireballs (firefox?) act strangely at higher scores because they're reading other game code instead of their intended code.  The array that holds their behavior values is so long (8 entries?) and once the player reaches a certain score it just starts reading whatever values are beyond the array.  This is why sometimes the fireballs seem to stop or shake, they're reading values well out of the range they were meant to.

Yeah, I think this is how they jump the gaps too.  I never saw them go over the gaps until getting to that point where they start jittering all over the place.  At least, it does serve to increase the difficulty so one could pass it off as intentional, haha

• Like 1