IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 12 - Game 1 - Atlantis

21 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Wanted to send 3 pics to prove it?  ?

Just busting your chops.

nah!!! don't know what went on with that post. I noticed that but didnt want to edit it.  But that's still way off from the leader. First go at this game. I never really played this much at all and it gets kinda of boring for me. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, m-crew said:

nah!!! don't know what went on with that post. I noticed that but didnt want to edit it.  But that's still way off from the leader. First go at this game. I never really played this much at all and it gets kinda of boring for me. 

Lol.  I hear ya.  I like this game, but I think that 25k score will be unbeatable.  This game is a "thumb-killer" after awhile.

Did ya order your FE Amico?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Lol.  I hear ya.  I like this game, but I think that 25k score will be unbeatable.  This game is a "thumb-killer" after awhile.

Did ya order your FE Amico?

I sure did, can't wait for October hurry and get here.  How about you? 

I forgot how cool this game is!

I think I got further than I ever did back in the day,or I just forgot about a couple of the ships.

Pretty sure I will post a better score before I am done with Atlantis!?

Oh yea,and thank you IntyfanMatt for reminding me to use the flying saucer,huge help!!!

20200203_172120.jpg

Edited by wolfy62
Adding info.
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

I forgot how cool this game is!

I think I got further than I ever did back in the day,or I just forgot about a couple of the ships.

Pretty sure I will post a better score before I am done with Atlantis!?

Oh yea,and thank you IntyfanMatt for reminding me to use the flying saucer,huge help!!!

20200203_172120.jpg

Great score!  You sure that was on medium?  Lol

3 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

Funny story about that,Matt.

I came back and played 2 more games and didnt do as well,so I did wonder if I was on medium the first time too.

Then I played a third time on medium, it gets easier for awhile later in the game,and i did this:

20200203_191016.jpg

Holy crap!  Any secrets you can share?

BTW...you were only 40 points away from the high score to beat so far!

Edited by IntyFanMatt

12 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Holy crap!  Any secrets you can share?

Where should I start?

Reading the whole instruction booklet for one of the few times in my life helped tremendously! ?

Mostly,if ships come from the left shoot them with the right turret gun and vice versa.

Listen for the sound of the alert for each ship just before it comes on the screen.Start firing!

Use your spaceship,its easier to destroy the enemy with it and watch the fuel gauge at the bottom of the screen closely.

If it hits 20 dock your ship to refuel it.

Stuff like that! I have more,but that's a good start.?

Edited by wolfy62
Adding info.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

Where should I start?

Reading the whole instruction booklet for one of the few times in my life helped tremendously! ?

Mostly,if ships come from the left shoot them with the right turret gun and vice versa.

Listen for the sound of the alert for each ship just before it comes on the screen.

Use your spaceship and watch the fuel gauge at the bottom of the screen closely 

If it hits 20 dock your ship to refuel it.

Stuff like that! I have more,but that's a good start.?

Well...I already know all that stuff lol. Guess I just hafta “get good”. ?

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, wolfy62 said:

Oh man,you've got to kidding!

I had no idea what the high score was or that I was even close.

Now I have to keep playing for sure!

Yep!!  So close man, I know you can do it!  I’ll give this another couple tries before the end of the week too. It’s a fun game. 

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BiffMan said:

As good as I can do with a keyboard... 

15809232010582391704259083733379.jpg

Nice job!! I'm thinking a keyboard might be better for this game as this one is really tough on the fingers when using the controller and pressing those hard side buttons.  It might also be faster and easier to shoot as well, but just my assumption.

4 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Nice job!! I'm thinking a keyboard might be better for this game as this one is really tough on the fingers when using the controller and pressing those hard side buttons.  It might also be faster and easier to shoot as well, but just my assumption.

Definitely easier to fire with keyboard, but much harder to run around quickly when everything starts going to hell on day 6+ ?