IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 12 - Game 1 - Atlantis

18 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

Definitely easier to fire with keyboard, but much harder to run around quickly when everything starts going to hell on day 6+ ?

Right, and it's hard to make it past day 4 with a regular controller, so I think the keyboard aids the player to progress further in the game as well.

35 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Nice job!! I'm thinking a keyboard might be better for this game as this one is really tough on the fingers when using the controller and pressing those hard side buttons.  It might also be faster and easier to shoot as well, but just my assumption.

Are you using intellivision 2 controllers?

That would definitely make it difficult with the side buttons.

I used flashback controllers with the adapter to my intellivision 2.

Or an intellivision 1 would probably be ok as well.

You get more points per ship you shoot down with the saucer,a great score tip!

4 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

Are you using intellivision 2 controllers?

That would definitely make it difficult with the side buttons.

I used flashback controllers with the adapter to my intellivision 2.

Or an intellivision 1 would probably be ok as well.

You get more points per ship you shoot down with the saucer,a great score tip!

No I have an original 2609.  I would never want to use the INTY II controllers...they are so much worse.  LOL.  But the controller can still be tough either way.  A keyboard will be much better I'm sure.

I am aware about the saucer and more points, but when to use it is the key.  Use it early or wait until night?  Hmmm....

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 1

I'm loving having another reason to jump back into some of these games. Wish I'd known about this forum ages ago, but glad the Amico brought me here eventually!

Funny how all these years later, competing for high scores is still a significant motivator for me. ?

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

I'm loving having another reason to jump back into some of these games. Wish I'd known about this forum ages ago, but glad the Amico brought me here eventually!

Funny how all these years later, competing for high scores is still a significant motivator for me. ?

Yeah it’s awesome. Brings back that nostalgic feeling. But do you have an original Inty to play on or only an emulator on PC?

Just now, IntyFanMatt said:

Yeah it’s awesome. Brings back that nostalgic feeling. But do you have an original Inty to play on or only an emulator on PC?

I have 3 OG sets, but no converters to play on a modern TV. I have the DS cart and an unmodified FB, but those of course have limited games, so for stuff like Atlantis, emulator on PC is my current best/only option. 

2 hours ago, BiffMan said:

I have 3 OG sets, but no converters to play on a modern TV. I have the DS cart and an unmodified FB, but those of course have limited games, so for stuff like Atlantis, emulator on PC is my current best/only option. 

You don't need a converter.  If your TV has a coax connection, all you need is the "female to male" adapter (cheap on Amazon) attached to one end of a coax cable to plug into the Inty, then you're good to go on that modern TV.  Not sure if you knew this?

Here is a link to the coax cable adapter:

https://www.amazon.com/Conwork-6-Pack-Coaxial-Adapter-Connector/dp/B01DRQF8RS/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=intellivision%2Badapter%2Bcoax&qid=1580935414&s=electronics&sr=1-6&th=1

Edited by IntyFanMatt

3 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

Hadn't actually ever tried hooking it up in 20 years. Two Mattel ones won't power on. Sears one almost, but not quite working.... 

Oh ok, well you didn't mention that your 3 systems didn't work earlier.  That would have saved me the trouble of typing that reply.  LOL!!

Edited by IntyFanMatt

No need to turn this into a troubleshooting thread, I unfortunately don't have the time or energy to troubleshoot these. With the passing of my Dad in 1999, these carry some significant baggage, so banging my head against getting them working... Not so much. 

Much more inclined to try to figure out a decent controller option on PC. I do at least have a few new serial numbers to add to that thread, including a fairly low number... ?

15809418556198278552349455868299.jpg

6 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Oh ok, well you didn't mention that your 3 systems didn't work earlier.  That would have saved me the trouble of typing that reply.  LOL!!

Sorry about that, hadn't actually tried turning any of them on until just now. Appreciate it and hopefully someone else might benefit! 

5 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

No need to turn this into a troubleshooting thread, I unfortunately don't have the time or energy to troubleshoot these. With the passing of my Dad in 1999, these carry some significant baggage, so banging my head against getting them working... Not so much. 

Much more inclined to try to figure out a decent controller option on PC. I do at least have a few new serial numbers to add to that thread, including a fairly low number... ?

15809418556198278552349455868299.jpg

I certainly was not turning this into a troubleshooting thread at all.  In your earlier comment, you stated you didn't have a converter.  Then I was simply stating you don't need one and was telling you about the connector you can order.  That's it.  But then I found out your systems don't work, and here we are.  Sorry to hear that!  I have no idea why they won't work, so I am not qualified for any troubleshooting on that level.  ?

Edited by IntyFanMatt

1 minute ago, IntyFanMatt said:

I certainly was not turning this into a troubleshooting thread at all.  In your earlier comment, you stated you didn't have a converter.  Then I was simply stating you don't need one and was telling you about the connector you can order.  That's it.  But then I found out your systems don't work, and here we are.  Sorry to hear that!  I have no idea why they won't work, so I am not qualified for any troubleshooting on that level.  ?

Apparently I'm not so good with words today, I didn't mean you were turning it into one, I was attempting to apologize for derailing things myself and head off any future assistance. All good and thanks again!! ?

• Like 1

Update: If I missed something feel free to chime in.

HIGH SCORES)

1. 25,420 Intellfan

2. 20,200 BiffMan

3. 12,640 wolfy62

4. 9,800 gezk

5. 9,500 IntyFanMatt

6. 7,750 m-crew

7. 6,350 JasonlikesINTV

8. 5,250 dpisicane

9. 4,300 S.BAZ

10. 1,200 Mister-VCS

11. 930 jblenkle

12. 320 roadrunner

8 minutes ago, JacobZu7zu7 said:

Update: If I missed something feel free to chime in.

HIGH SCORES)

1. 25,420 Intellfan

2. 20,200 BiffMan

3. 12,640 wolfy62

4. 9,800 gezk

5. 9,500 IntyFanMatt

6. 7,750 m-crew

7. 6,350 JasonlikesINTV

8. 5,250 dpisicane

9. 4,300 S.BAZ

10. 1,200 Mister-VCS

11. 930 jblenkle

12. 320 roadrunner

wolfy62 upped his score to 25,380 (page 2)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, IntyFanMatt said:

A little better. Feel like I’m maxed out though. Gets hard around that score. No clue how you guys got over 20k. That’s nuts!!

54897812-A2FD-497C-B803-18E13935D8B6.jpeg

I got a 17k and a 21k as well.

I swear the game becomes easier for 2 levels after level 4,you just time pattern fire in front of the enemy ships.

Level 7 however is ridiculously hard.

I cant beat my best now,too much trouble trying!

37 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

I got a 17k and a 21k as well.

I swear the game becomes easier for 2 levels after level 4,you just time pattern fire in front of the enemy ships.

Level 7 however is ridiculously hard.

I cant beat my best now,too much trouble trying!

Ok, well I have made it to day 5 several times and it's very hard.  So are you saying day 6 is easier then?  I didn't think day 5 was easier than day 4.  I will try again tonight, but I keep dying at night on day 5.  Argh!!  ?

Appreciate the info Dale!

Edited by IntyFanMatt
mixed up days

28 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Ok, well I have made it to day 5 several times and it's very hard.  So are you saying day 6 is easier then?  I didn't think day 5 was easier than day 4.  I will try again tonight, but I keep dying at night on day 5.  Argh!!  ?

Appreciate the info Dale!

I am going to play a few more times to track exactly when I felt it was easier.

I will let you know!?

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, BiffMan said:

If you have a flashback controller you can use it with your computer through a usb adapter.  Here's one example.

https://www.retronicdesign.com/en/

Was the 0872 serial number your father's?  That should make it 1979 Fresno.

Edited by mr_me

Just now, mr_me said:

If you have a flashback controller you can use it with your computer through a usb adapter.  Here's one example.

https://www.retronicdesign.com/en/

Was the 0872 serial number your father's?  That should make it 1979 Fresno.

Yes, that was our primary and modified by Dad to take Sears controllers, so hardly in pristine condition, but I may still try to get it going again.  I remember we had ordered that from Sears in 1979 and it was delayed like 3-4 times as either Sears or Mattel kept blowing the order/availability.  At one point, Sears said our order was in and we go to pick it up, and instead of a videogame system, it was a large roll of carpet.  They asked if we wouldn't rather have the carpet.  Glad my parents held out for the more interactive of the options.  ? 

Thanks for the mention, I ordered myself an adapter last night!  ?  Looking forward to using the FB controller to play some of my games that I haven't played in 20+ years!  I fired up Dreadnaught Factor last night and proceeded to lose the next 2 hours.  It's been a delight getting back into the games and a huge thanks to this community (and Tommy!!) for re-kindling my love of Intellivision.  

6 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

Yes, that was our primary and modified by Dad to take Sears controllers, so hardly in pristine condition, but I may still try to get it going again.  I remember we had ordered that from Sears in 1979 and it was delayed like 3-4 times as either Sears or Mattel kept blowing the order/availability.  At one point, Sears said our order was in and we go to pick it up, and instead of a videogame system, it was a large roll of carpet.  They asked if we wouldn't rather have the carpet.  Glad my parents held out for the more interactive of the options.  ? 

Thanks for the mention, I ordered myself an adapter last night!  ?  Looking forward to using the FB controller to play some of my games that I haven't played in 20+ years!  I fired up Dreadnaught Factor last night and proceeded to lose the next 2 hours.  It's been a delight getting back into the games and a huge thanks to this community (and Tommy!!) for re-kindling my love of Intellivision.  

Where are you from, because in 1979 Intellivisions were supposedly only available around Fresno, California.