IGNORED

Atari SMM804. and Atari 800

videofx

I have my SMM804 and connected to my 850 and my 800. I am using a single sheet of paper as I don't have any continuous feed paper.

The problem is the paper never never moves. If I do a self test it does.

for example I do the following:

10 LPRINT "TEST"

20 LPRINT

30 LPRINT

40 LPRINT "TEST

This should move the paper and least 2 lines which it doesn't prints on the same line.  I don't have the SMM804 so I don't know if there is a switch to set CR, LF

Anyone have a PDF of the manual?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

It a setting in the printer. The XMM801 doesn't tell you how to change the settings. Ill bet you a Coke if I can find the setting for AUTO LINE FEED and turn it ON then LPRINT should work.

I Wrote this program and it works and the paper line feeds correctly so now I know the problem. So if anyone know how to change the default settings of the XMM804 or has the manual I would appreciate it very much!

Here is what works:

IMG_4385.jpg

Edited by videofx

Jumper block PSW

Standard setting: 1 = open, 2 = closed, 3 = closed, 4 = open Meaning:

1. = Connects jumper 1/2 to ground. You can probably use this to set the autofeed signal to ground for the printer.
  2. = Treatment of signal autofeed on Centronics interface (pin 14)
  3. = Treatment signal (NC / GND) on Centronics interface (pin 16 + 33). These two pins 16 and 33 are either not used on the standard Centronics interface or on ground.
  4. = Treatment of signal select-in on Centronics interface (pin 36). The signal select-in is by default set to low by jumper 3 and is separated from the centronics interface by open jumper 4. Dss means that the printer cannot be deactivated by the computer.
  • Warning: Jumper 1 + 2 or 3 + 4 must probably not be inserted at the same time. Otherwise the corresponding signal output on the computer could be short-circuited to ground and damaged.

Conclusion: leave it at the standard setting!

DIP switch DSW

• Standard setting: 1 = off, 2 = on, 3-6 = off, 7 = on, 8 = off
  • Meaning: Unclear, everything is read out from the port module TMP8155P-2.

error pattern

• Printer does not print, the printer says that the printer is offline. Online LED is on. Solution: The busy signal is not switched by the printer. Replace the 74LS38 on the interface daughter board, pin 8 generates the busy signal. If that doesn't help: The 74LS38 is controlled by the Toshiba TMP8155P-2 IO / RAM module.

• 11 months later...
2 hours ago, Allan said:

This looks like a service manual update. If this is your picture, can you some time when you get a chance scan all four pages (if you have the other pages and if you have a scanner) so I can add it to the XE and ST 801 service manuals?

Actually it’s from the Dealer Service Alert letters ... which I never knew existed.  I’ll be scanning them shorty.

10 hours ago, Allan said:

Now that I think about it, the only one online is the XMM801 which I got from Bruce at B&C. I had planned on getting the SMM804 version but it just didn't happen. The last I knew he still had them.

I have a copy, I'll see if it can be scanned.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...