IGNORED

I like multicarts. Do you like mulitcarts? Oh ya? Let's see'em! :)

Shawn

3 hours ago, GoldenWheels said:

I couldn't resist Tanooki...I already had every single one of the games on each one and I still bought them.

Same here when it came to a point with the SNES multicarts I had (there were 3.)  I had between 1/2 to 3/4 of the games on each cart, but I didn't care because they were quirky, fun, unique, and in a handheld situation also useful.  I didn't have a flash kit at the time because the SD2SNES I don't think was out, and I didn't have the everdrive either because the lack of chip support bugged me.  The NES same situation, though that supervision most of it I didn't have because it was Japanese and some taiwanese/hk locally made piratey goodies too so it was fun.  The FC one, handy, it never leaves the handheld it's braced against in the picture as it's the ultimate pull and play device as is.

What an interesting post, I am a long time fan of 'multi-carts' it started back in the mid 90's and the floppy based copiers for cartridge machines (ie SNES, Genesis, N64 and PCE) the Magic Game Doctor, Super Game Griffin and Magic Drive etc.  I had a whole collection of these with CDrom drives and 5 CD set collections of SNES games for example.  I dont have any of those anymore as well life happens.

I kind of got out of 'retro' gaming as the software/games became so expensive, but then SD type cards became cheap and very smart people got involved and we ended up with the Modern Multi-cart! This led me to re-look at the whole 'retro gaming' with a new interest.  So I ended up designing a whole system from end to end, cabinet, machines, connections, display type and how to connect it all. So as you can see in the attached photos, I ended up with the following machines:

PCEngine (w/ a Turbo Ever Drive and a Super System SD³)
Sega Saturn (I dont have a multicart in the traditional sense yet - I am waiting on the Satiator by Dr Abrasive) Fuck the Phoebe 

Sega DreamCast (w/ GDemu clone) again Fuck that Neuroacid putz - I am glad he got cloned!

Sega Genesis (w/ MegaSD Cart)
Nintendo Wii (hacked with Homebrew Channel & a 1TB External SSD drive) which also plays GameCube
Nintendo AV Famicom (w/ EverDrive Famicom N8, Famicom N8 Pro* & FDSstick)

Nintendo Top Loader NES (not photo'ed but I can swap it out for the AV Famicom - Everdrive N8 cart Glows in the Dark which is cool)

NeoGeo Consolized MVS (w/ NeoSD cart)

Mini Arcade cabinet with a 999 in 1 JAMMA Board

MiST to emulate my Amiga with WHDload.

*The Everdrive N8 Pro has never worked correctly - it does not seem to like the NESRGB and/or NESRGB-IGR, hopefully it will get fixed with a firmware update eventually.

I also have the Everdrive GB x7 and the Everdrive GBA x5 - I am working on the GBA Consolizer, its build but I dont have a case for it yet, seems getting a case from the creator/distributor is impossible, but I digress.

So here are some photos:

DSC_9833.jpg

DSC_9832.jpg

Its hard to see in the photo but at the bottom is the FDSstick and an SDcard with the Wii/GameCube software & the 1TB external SSD drive.

DSC_9834.jpg

DSC_9835.jpg

Edited by c0op3r
Forgot some things