PeteE

Bounce'n'Pounce (game in development)

I'm been trying to get this game to work with MAME, but so far no luck.  I have the file in my cartridges folder

image.png.a9ab8bfa9b0d78f84185d279cb6facf1.png

Both zipped and unzipped.  Here is what the zip file looks like.

image.thumb.png.4dfec6de10df96fb832fee86fda9da79.png

But the game does not show up on my playable game list.

image.thumb.png.4def1f33f66765d47e324cdf7900b91a.png

Any suggestions? 

No, you have to supply the path name of the RPK to the cartridge slot, like

mame ti99_4a -cart whatever/path/it/is/bnp.rpk

The ZIPs are registered programs. The RPKs are not part of the software list.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

image.thumb.png.9225499b555a157f0d5240c253d24650.png

I like it!

It seems harder than most versions I have played.

50K for not bumping?  I thought it was 20K?  But that could just be from playing the Intellivision version to much!

It is very hard to use the islands.  But that just means I need to learn the timing for this version ;)

Also I am used to pressing Q for the fire key not the space bar.  But once I found it, it was fine.

Very Nice!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 1980gamer said:

It seems harder than most versions I have played.

50K for not bumping?  I thought it was 20K?  But that could just be from playing the Intellivision version to much!

It is very hard to use the islands.  But that just means I need to learn the timing for this version ;)

Also I am used to pressing Q for the fire key not the space bar.  But once I found it, it was fine.

Very Nice!

Thanks for the feedback, and thanks for playing!  Yes, I took the scoring from the arcade version, which may not have been the same as the intellivision.  I do know you always get an extra car for zero smashed, and extra cars are every 30K.  

I'm not completely sure about the jumping distance, and not being able to control your speed in-air.  Currently the car slows down right before landing, so it makes it a little difficult to hit your target (islands or other cars.)  In later roads with the back-to-back bridge water sections, you can currently make it across both sections of water in a single jump, which may not be possible in other version.  More playtesting may be required...

Enter for jumping will also work.  In classic99, the Tab key can be used as joystick 1 fire, and that's pretty close to the Q key. 😁

• Like 4