IGNORED

Autographed cartridges - protection and display?

mhedges

Hello - 

I have a couple of autographed cartridges, and would like to have one displayed on my desk.

Several questions:

1. Have any of you protected a cartridge for display purposes?

2. If yes, how?

3. Expanding on #2, have you ever embedded or encased a cartridge in lucite or resin?  

"Tombstones" are sometimes used for decorative purposes in resin or lucite.  For example, you participated in an important transaction, or you simply embedded a penny or a stamp or a bug or whathaveya.  This sound interesting to me, although I worry about possible damage to the case, the stickers, the autograph during the process and in the future if there is UV discoloration or lucite yellowing.  That said, I've had a lucite tombstone on my desk since 2009 and is not yellowed.

4. If lucite or resin are a no-no, what alternative is there?

Thanks, regards.

I have several signed carts in my collection. I actually keep mine in a cartridge holder in a glass display case in my game room. I of course have normal versions of the games for actual play as well or in their boxes. But that is what I've done. 

One important consideration is to keep them away from direct sunlight (or in a case with UV protection), otherwise the label (and signature) will fade. I understand that florescent lights (I am unsure about incandescent lights) can also cause this to happen. 

I have purchased many books where the spine is badly sun-faded while the covers remain the original dark colour.