Bobby Nelson

Sgm2 update?

Hi Ed and Opcode team!

I was hoping you might have an updated timeline for the release of the Super Game Module 2? I’m signed up for the email updates but haven’t heard anything for a while.

Thanks for all of your hard work!

That is a good question. We went back to the drawing board this past holiday and changed a few things based on feedback:

1) The SGM2 was too "alien", with a separate cartridge format

2) Analog video only is kind of bummer 

3) ColecoVisions are too unreliable, an attached plugin module will only make that worse

I will post an announcement once we have the updated system designed, but we are still aiming for this year.

1 hour ago, opcode said:

That is a good question. We went back to the drawing board this past holiday and changed a few things based on feedback:

3) ColecoVisions are too unreliable, an attached plugin module will only make that worse

I will post an announcement once we have the updated system designed, but we are still aiming for this year.

So does that mean SGM2 as an add-on for the Colecovision is dead? If it is I might get in on the SGM next run

On 4/14/2020 at 5:55 AM, opcode said:

wrt 2) does it mean a different VDP than you had envisioned?

[it seems weird to have to convert 240p analog back to HDMI just because ... but it's your system]

19 hours ago, phoenixdownita said:

wrt 2) does it mean a different VDP than you had envisioned?

[it seems weird to have to convert 240p analog back to HDMI just because ... but it's your system]

No, still same VDP. Our VDP can output digital, but the problem is the ColecoVision, which is analog only...