IGNORED

Help me please

budz2355

Reseated the widget, the 3 carts in it, the sd card in the flashrom99, the side port attachment, the ramdisk, the sams.....

That did the trick!  Thanks guys!  I was having a minor panick attack.  ....amazingly I think the culprit might have been the flashrom99?  I tried some bare carts and they worked fine, but when I tried to load anything from the fr99 it would either not load or just crash and beep.   Fr99 seems to be working now though.... I just connected to a bbs through timxt.  Regardless you all have my thanks!

5 hours ago, budz2355 said:

Reseated the widget, the 3 carts in it, the sd card in the flashrom99, the side port attachment, the ramdisk, the sams.....

That did the trick!  Thanks guys!  I was having a minor panick attack.  ....amazingly I think the culprit might have been the flashrom99?  I tried some bare carts and they worked fine, but when I tried to load anything from the fr99 it would either not load or just crash and beep.   Fr99 seems to be working now though.... I just connected to a bbs through timxt.  Regardless you all have my thanks!

Widgets have given me plenty of hair pulling time!  I thought my SCSI card died once.  I spent about 2 hours on it and then pulled the widget and everything started working again.

Once the FinalGROM cartridge came out, that became the only cartridge i needed.

• Like 1

look in your cart slot (have to pull the TI99 open). TI put a felt pad in the slot in some TI99s, I guess to slightly clean the carts as you slide them into the slots. on one of my TI99 that felt pad just, well, fell apart. it started giving me all kinds of cart errors as little bits of it would flake off into the slot. So I dug it out and really cleaned the slot with mild sandpaper and cleaning alcohol and got all remnants of the felt out. after that a lot of the problems went away.

• 5 months later...

Okay this just happend again.  I ran PALEA5 and then tried to switch to an extended basic cartridge and now the whole system is locked up again.  Very frustrating I can't use my PEB at all, but the lone TI will work.  Anytime I turn on the PEB the whole thing locks up.  I feel like this has something to do with the F18A now.  Is there a way to disable or boot in 'old' mode or anything?

It is extremely unlikely that it's the F18A if you are getting any signal on the monitor at all.

Since you've narrowed it down to the PEB, start by removing all the PEB cards except the flex cable interface. If the system boots fine with that on, then insert one card at a time until it locks up - that can help identify if it's a PEB card. 

This can be a slow process, remember that you MUST turn the PEB off before inserting or removing a card, and TI recommends leaving it off for 30 seconds before you do so!

• Like 1