IGNORED

Intellivision PGA Golf

poconojo

• 2 weeks later...

Is this game worth picking up for under 2000 yen in the box? I found a copy yesterday with 4 other Intellivision games and I thought about it, but I didn't have a whole lot of cash on me and I decided on Herzog Zwei and Skiing instead since that's an Amico pack-in. I do not remember if it has the manual, but I do not believe it does. My Skiing said the same but had the overlays when I got home and opened it. I don't generally play golf games, but I'll play any genre of game there is as long as the game is fun.

1 hour ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Is this game worth picking up for under 2000 yen in the box? I found a copy yesterday with 4 other Intellivision games and I thought about it, but I didn't have a whole lot of cash on me and I decided on Herzog Zwei and Skiing instead since that's an Amico pack-in. I do not remember if it has the manual, but I do not believe it does. My Skiing said the same but had the overlays when I got home and opened it. I don't generally play golf games, but I'll play any genre of game there is as long as the game is fun.

The best golf game for the system is Chip Shot.  But PGA golf is still fun, just not as good as Chip Shot. 

• 2 years later...
On 1/29/2020 at 8:54 PM, poconojo said:

I have been playing a lot of Intellivision golf lately. I forgot how good this game really is. I know most people feel that Chip Shot is a better game than PGA, but i have to say I think I like the original better. I just wish there was 18 holes to play instead of just nine. Maybe some programmer on this forum could do a remake of this game with a full 18 hole course? Baseball, football, basketball and hockey were remade, why not PGA golf?

Can you convince the suits to give the programmer 6K to work with? If so, adding the extra holes would be a matter of just adding 9 tables and changing an index or two. Could even add a second course. But you'd have to make the case that customers would be clamoring to pay $34.95 for the cartridge instead of $29.95.

On 1/30/2020 at 4:46 AM, mr_me said:

I thought the main thing the game lacked was a zoomed in, sloped, putting green.

With 6K can do this too. Plus add a prettier golfer. Two weeks to implement and perfect, two more for QA testing. Let the programmer know right away, though, if you want cartridges back in time to put in the Sears Christmas catalog. And also pick which one of these other projects to bump.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1