Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DamonicFury

5200 HSC Season 13 Round 2 - Miner 2049er

Recommended Posts

Welcome to round two of the 5200 HSC season 13! Miner 2049er won the poll with two votes. Play with default difficult setting. Emulation is fine, as are custom controls. Pics preferred, but not required except for HSC wins and records.

The current HSC record for Miner 2049er was set by darthkur - 200,730 points. Do better if you can to earn a bonus point!

The ROM and manual can be found here: https://atariage.com/software_page.php?SoftwareLabelID=637


Round ends Sunday, February 8th, 9pm EST

 

Standings:

rubeon - 30,390

Mangia-Boy - 22,625

troff - 18.390

jblenkle - 18,070

roadrunner - 15,985

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18,550

image.thumb.png.f1a4cf6d072f858ae138e7c56e3c1e46.png

 

I'll definitely do a few more runs: I never had this game back in the day, but ordered it specially for the HSC.  Turns out, it's fantastic! I love this game 🙂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, rubeon said:

18,550

image.thumb.png.f1a4cf6d072f858ae138e7c56e3c1e46.png

 

I'll definitely do a few more runs: I never had this game back in the day, but ordered it specially for the HSC.  Turns out, it's fantastic! I love this game 🙂

 

 

So glad to hear you're enjoying your new purchase!  This has been a favorite of mine since playing it on the Atari computers in the mid 80's.  It really holds its own quite well with the other classics of the era.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mangia-Boy said:

I can't remember how to beat the 5th level,

 

 

miner800.PNG

It doesn't look like anybody else remembers, either.  😂  As I recall, it's pretty much a matter of remembering what leaps NOT to take.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DamonicFury said:

It doesn't look like anybody else remembers, either.  😂  As I recall, it's pretty much a matter of remembering what leaps NOT to take.

Yeah, this is my first time playing it.  I’m enjoying it!  I think I’m getting there.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

30,390

 

That level 5 is a killer!  

 

It's slow progress, but I'm addicted to this game 🙂

IMG_0357.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations to rubeon for maxing the most mutants and coloring in the most territory!  I’m so glad some folks got to experience this excellent game for the first time. 
 

Mr. Do’s Castle coming up next. 


Final standings: 

rubeon - 30,390  +11

Mangia-Boy - 22,625  +10

troff - 18,390  +9

jblenkle - 18,070  +8

roadrunner - 15,985  +7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry I missed the deadline to submit.  Here is my score of 18,455 for no particular reason other than to note I had fun playing this game again & also couldn't get past level 5. 

Miner2049er 2020-02-06 00.07.02 18455.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Bemis said:

Sorry I missed the deadline to submit.  Here is my score of 18,455 for no particular reason other than to note I had fun playing this game again & also couldn't get past level 5. 

Miner2049er 2020-02-06 00.07.02 18455.png

Glad you had fun playing at least.  I’d like to encourage everyone to keep at this game if you’re having fun with it.  Level 5 IS beatable, and there’s five more fun levels to go!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DamonicFury said:

Glad you had fun playing at least.  I’d like to encourage everyone to keep at this game if you’re having fun with it.  Level 5 IS beatable, and there’s five more fun levels to go!  

Yes, in the end I could manage the 5th level and the 6th one. The 6th level the radioactive was relatively easy compared to the Colecovision version, which I know better. But my score was too low for first place.

Congratulations to Rubeon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was my first time with this game, and I did really enjoy playing it.  I actually just played a little more tonight because you always feel like you can make it to the next level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...