IGNORED

5200 HSC Season 13 Round 2 - Miner 2049er

DamonicFury

Welcome to round two of the 5200 HSC season 13! Miner 2049er won the poll with two votes. Play with default difficult setting. Emulation is fine, as are custom controls. Pics preferred, but not required except for HSC wins and records.

The current HSC record for Miner 2049er was set by darthkur - 200,730 points. Do better if you can to earn a bonus point!

The ROM and manual can be found here: https://atariage.com/software_page.php?SoftwareLabelID=637

Round ends Sunday, February 8th, 9pm EST

Standings:

rubeon - 30,390

Mangia-Boy - 22,625

troff - 18.390

jblenkle - 18,070

roadrunner - 15,985

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, rubeon said:

image.thumb.png.f1a4cf6d072f858ae138e7c56e3c1e46.png

I'll definitely do a few more runs: I never had this game back in the day, but ordered it specially for the HSC.  Turns out, it's fantastic! I love this game ?

So glad to hear you're enjoying your new purchase!  This has been a favorite of mine since playing it on the Atari computers in the mid 80's.  It really holds its own quite well with the other classics of the era.

3 hours ago, DamonicFury said:

It doesn't look like anybody else remembers, either.  ?  As I recall, it's pretty much a matter of remembering what leaps NOT to take.

Yeah, this is my first time playing it.  I’m enjoying it!  I think I’m getting there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations to rubeon for maxing the most mutants and coloring in the most territory!  I’m so glad some folks got to experience this excellent game for the first time. 

Mr. Do’s Castle coming up next. 

Final standings: 

rubeon - 30,390  +11

Mangia-Boy - 22,625  +10

troff - 18,390  +9

jblenkle - 18,070  +8

roadrunner - 15,985  +7

28 minutes ago, Bemis said:

Sorry I missed the deadline to submit.  Here is my score of 18,455 for no particular reason other than to note I had fun playing this game again & also couldn't get past level 5. 

Miner2049er 2020-02-06 00.07.02 18455.png

Glad you had fun playing at least.  I’d like to encourage everyone to keep at this game if you’re having fun with it.  Level 5 IS beatable, and there’s five more fun levels to go!  

11 hours ago, DamonicFury said:

Glad you had fun playing at least.  I’d like to encourage everyone to keep at this game if you’re having fun with it.  Level 5 IS beatable, and there’s five more fun levels to go!  

Yes, in the end I could manage the 5th level and the 6th one. The 6th level the radioactive was relatively easy compared to the Colecovision version, which I know better. But my score was too low for first place.

Congratulations to Rubeon.