IGNORED

Season 13 suggestions -

Good morning, I hope everyone had a good holiday. I have had some computer issues , but that has been resolved. I'm looking forward to another Colecovision High Score Club season so let's get the wheels turning shall we? What games would you folks like to play? Include the Skill or game level too please. I would like to get started soon. Perhaps we will do a preseason round this weekend. All suggestions and comments are welcome!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Northcoastgamer said:

Good morning, I hope everyone had a good holiday. I have had some computer issues , but that has been resolved. I'm looking forward to another Colecovision High Score Club season so let's get the wheels turning shall we? What games would you folks like to play? Include the Skill or game level too please. I would like to get started soon. Perhaps we will do a preseason round this weekend. All suggestions and comments are welcome!

I am so ready for this to begin again! My Phoenix hasn't been getting the work out it deserves!

BurgerTime every week so I can win 100% of the time.  ?

In all seriousness, go with your gut.  You've done a great job of selecting the games, especially during themed weeks that you made for us.  Obviously, some staples of the Colecovision library are a must nearly every season, but I trust your judgment in finding a way to give variety.  I do agree with trying some more homebrew games, however.

I try to spice things up. Variety is good. On another note, can a Coolcv emulator read a nine pin Atariage Atari joystick? If so how? How did I know Ed was going to suggest War Games. The drawing for Season 12s big prize will be this weekend, my wife will draw the winning name. A little birdie told me the prize might be a recently released retro system.....................?

1 hour ago, Northcoastgamer said:

On another note, can a Coolcv emulator read a nine pin Atariage Atari joystick? If so how?

Yes, CoolCV will work with any joystick and the joystick mappings are defined in a text file (coolcv.txt).  It will work with any joystick that is connected and detected by the operating system.  To physically connect standard DB9 joysticks to a USB port there are quite a number of options out there.  If you want support for ColecoVision controllers with both fire buttons and the keypad then your choices are very limited.  Even more so if you want to use a Super Action Controller with all four fire buttons and spinner support.

Many options have come and gone, such as the RetroKit.  Fortunately, one option that does remain and is a superb choice is the Ultimate PC Interface which works under Windows, Mac and Linux.  This includes compatibility with an enormous number of controllers, including the the aforementioned ColecoVision controllers, plus the Driving Controller and the Roller Controller.

Waiting to hear from our defending champion. Once he selects the game for the first round, we'll begin. Everyone that played last year and those that join in this season, will get to choose any game and skill level as long as the ROM has been released or in some cases special permission given.

• 7 months later...