IGNORED

C64 Debugger ported to Atari!

slx

The graphical C64 Debugger is now being extended to cover Ataris as well (using atari800). I am excited about this as I found it very useful when trying to find level data inside the C64 version of Shamus. It shows all memory on a single screen which is very nice to find out "where something happens" when you hit a button, etc. The user interface sticks to "80s spirit" as you basically have to memorize ctrl-key commands but there's a detailed readme file. 

The Atari user interface is still in alpha but I've already donated a beer and look forward to further development!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, erichenneke said:

Looks great,  but I can't figure out how to get it to actually load and execute any files.  I've tried the load and ctrl-o function with atr and xex files but doesn't seem to execute.   

I am running it on an old XP machine right now.  

What's the trick? 

I'm not sure the user interface works at all as it's still Alpha status. I couldn't get it to load either but did not try for more than 2 minutes. I joined the facebook group and will eventually ask there.

This is a really nice piece of software! I'm glad it was ported from the C64.

I got it working. You have to give it OS ROMs. Press F9 to get into the Emulation config. Also, you have to change it from the default of an Atari 400 with 16KB of RAM to get most things running. Press Control-Y to enable keyboard joystick with arrow keys and right Alt key as fire. 

I think it's already shown me a sort-of bug in Bomber that I never knew existed. It shows a strange memory reading pattern that seems to span the entire address space. Pretty cool.

This is a really nice piece of software! I'm glad it was ported from the C64.

I got it working. You have to give it OS ROMs. Press F9 to get into the Emulation config. Also, you have to change it from the default of an Atari 400 with 16KB of RAM to get most things running. Press Control-Y to enable keyboard joystick with arrow keys and right Alt key as fire. 

I think it's already shown me a sort-of bug in Bomber that I never knew existed. It shows a strange memory reading pattern that seems to span the entire address space. Pretty cool.

Yeah I tried all that too, but still not working for me. I used f9, gave a path to roms, changed to 800xl 64k. Then tried ctrl-o and also the load option from home screen. No luck for me yet.

Sent from my E6533 using Tapatalk