IGNORED

Indy 500 with 2600-daptor D9

manic23

I have a small issue that I wonder if someone can help with? I recently bought a 2600-daptor D9 mainly so I can use the driving paddles and play Indy 500 with Stella. However the paddle only controls one of the cars in 2 player games, if I try to play a one player game the car does not move or steer. I have gone into settings in Stella (latest version) and ticked the option to switch Stelladaptor ports but this does not seem to work. Does that option only work for a the pong type paddles?

Has anyone managed to get Indy 500 working with the 2600-Dasptor D9 on single player games?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try in game properties:

Controller>Specific mouse axes

and switch the mouse axes driving 0/1.

Don't forget to reload the rom after changing settings.

I don't see any specific mappings for the emulated driving controller in stella; but the mouse axis and buttons seemed to be mapped to the two emulated driving controllers.  Does the 2600-dapter turn the driving controller into a mouse axis and button?

Edited by mr_me

Even if the stelladapter doesn't emulate a mouse with the driving controller, there's a "swap ports" toggle in the game properties, controller settings.  That might do it for you.

And don't forget to reload the rom file after changing settings.

Edited by mr_me

Thanks for all your help. I will look at the in game properties tonight and report back. I didn't think to check there, as I was using the swap ports option in the main global settings.

mr-me: No it does not not turn it into a mouse, it sees it as an actual paddle or driving paddle.

ClassicGMR: Yes Indy 500 does use a driving paddle as pictured and is what I am using.

I just can't understand what I am doing wrong! I go into options, click on game properties/controller and check the swap ports option. But yet still the single player game on Indy 500 is not working only 2 player, total mystery. I am using version 6.0.2 of Stella.

Here are my settings for Indy 500

1755350795_Stella-Options.jpg.37e67755c9ff28a6c9d8038ffecd6f7e.jpg

Here is the log as requested:

1214444373_Stella-Logs.jpg.b631d9f9838886fcaa10002d47b2498d.jpg

I very much appreciate all your time in helping me with this.