IGNORED

2020 BASIC 10Liner Contest

carlsson

3 minutes ago, CharlieChaplin said:

Well, with the fileversion of MOTR on diskette it was the other way around (at least for me!) - this did not work and always crashed/hanged after the titlescreen with a loud noise, until I disconnected my data recorder. (And the SIO-cable of it works alright!) Strange heh, since they also published it on tape...?!?

Funny to have to choose one way or the other, but that appears to be the case... data cassette only or disk drives only.

On 4/5/2020 at 10:33 AM, Philsan said:

When files will be available, I hope @vitoco will make an ATR like he did in 2018 and 2019. (@skr made them in previous years).

Here it is my 2020 compilation. I'll add it to my site soon...

Sorry for the delay, but I had some problems with some of the entries. I had to modify "10liner-Snake" (it didn't initialize the numeric arrays and garbage values were being used from memory previously used by the disk menu), test that "LOGITrumps" can be run in Atari BASIC instead of Applesoft BASIC, create an Atari BASIC file from "Hacking the Atari" Altirra BASIC source, and I had to be somehow creative to extract "Racer" from a LiteDOS ATR. Hummm, was that all?

On 4/5/2020 at 10:33 AM, Philsan said:

BTW, congratulations Victor not only for the games, but for explanations pages too: https://www.vitoco.cl/atari/10liner/

Thanks!!! ?

NOMAM2020.atr

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Thank you very much Victor @vitoco !

I had a hard time getting Racer started until I found out (reading the code) that joystick must be plugged in port 2!

Strange choice by the programmer, A8 software assumes joystick in port  1 (unlike C64 where joystick most of the times should be plugged in port 2 but sometimes in port 1).

1 hour ago, Philsan said:

I had a hard time getting Racer started until I found out (reading the code) that joystick must be plugged in port 2!

Strange choice by the programmer, A8 software assumes joystick in port  1 (unlike C64 where joystick most of the times should be plugged in port 2 but sometimes in port 1).

I was also confused the first time I run it, but as I was working with the source, I found out that immediately. Then, I had to decide whether to modify it or not. I decided to leave it as it was because that was intended by the author (even when I also found that strange). I was about to put a note in the menu, but I forgot to change that, because Poke Pig distracted me when I changed its type flag from Atari BASIC to TurboBasic XL (but I didn't change the category from PUR-80 to PUR-120).

• Like 2

Normally I also wanted to create a menudisk for Atari, but as vitoco used his menu from 2018 again, I decided to do something else and learn Commodore BASIC V2. ??

I´ve never programmed the C64, so I had to learn all from scratch. But it turned out, that I managed it to create a little (very slow) menudisk. Nothing fancy, but my goal to learn something new was achieved. :)

If you are interested in it, download the .D64 with the menu and all entries for C64 right here:

basten20.d64

To load the menu, insert the disk (image) and type

LOAD"TENMENU",8

and then

RUN

Have fun!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

um this won't run on my Atari... maybe it's for commodore section..  :)    lol

Actually, I didn´t realize that there also is a Commodore section on AA. ?

Just checking it and post it there, too. :)

• Like 1