IGNORED

Season 9 ~ Week 25 ~ Beat The Leaders Part 2

Vocelli

17 hours ago, Atarian7 said:

Hello Vocelli,

Are there double points this week like there were for Donkey Kong?   You didn't list it if there are.

Yes,

Sorry. Been busy with work.

Double Points this week as well!

I will be updating the overall standings on Wednesday!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Judging from the screenshots, some of you are using emulators to play the games. Is that correct? Who of you is using Stella a LOT for playing games?

I use both orig h/w *and* Stella ... A LOT. ;-)

For most months in 2019, at least 2 or 3 hrs a day, every day.

Edited by ZilchSr
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Cool. Anything that bothers you in Stella? Or anyone else?

Not that I can think of myself. I've used Stella for close to 20 years now, and never really had an issue with it, other than occasionally, when playing Air Sea Battle Game 18 (none of the other 26 games, strangely enough), every shot by the CPU kills every aircraft on the screen. The issue went away with v6.0.2.

Edited by ZilchSr
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Then you are maybe not the right person. :) 

We are looking for more critical input regarding Stella. 

BTW: I will look into Air Sea Battle and check if I can replicate the issue.

From a developer perspective, I suppose the lack of ability to trace/monitor increments and decriments at specific RAM addresses in real-time is kind of annoying, unless there is actually a way, but I'm just ignorant of it. Hell, I can always *find* something(s?) in Stella to be critical of. ?

Edited by ZilchSr
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Judging from the screenshots, some of you are using emulators to play the games. Is that correct? Who of you is using Stella a LOT for playing games?

Like ZilchSr I use both original h/w and Stella a LOT also. Although I have been using both almost on a daily basis now for a long time, I've never really had any problems with Stella until recently. Not sure if it has to do with my computer(still using Windows 7), but been having slight 'lag' problems and random sprites not appearing when using screen capture recording software. Doesn't happen on all games but more specifically noticeable on Gorf and Asteroids as far as the 'disappearing sprites' and quite noticeable lag specifically on Spider Fighter, Skiing and Dragster. (using an original CX-40 controller through a D9 2600-dapter). I've double and triple-checked all the settings etc. and all is good, it only used to happen every once in a while but I've noticed it happen a lot more often in the last few months.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Then you are maybe not the right person. :) 

We are looking for more critical input regarding Stella. 

BTW: I will look into Air Sea Battle and check if I can replicate the issue.

TBH, I'm not usually "sharp" enough to note problems unless I am very familiar with a game, I've had some minor input lag in the past, but I think it was PC based.

Mostly wanted to pop in to say "Wow!". I know a LOT of people who really, REALLY enjoy your work, we really appreciate it!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Pat Larocque said:

Like ZilchSr I use both original h/w and Stella a LOT also. Although I have been using both almost on a daily basis now for a long time, I've never really had any problems with Stella until recently. Not sure if it has to do with my computer(still using Windows 7), but been having slight 'lag' problems and random sprites not appearing when using screen capture recording software. Doesn't happen on all games but more specifically noticeable on Gorf and Asteroids as far as the 'disappearing sprites' and quite noticeable lag specifically on Spider Fighter, Skiing and Dragster. (using an original CX-40 controller through a D9 2600-dapter). I've double and triple-checked all the settings etc. and all is good, it only used to happen every once in a while but I've noticed it happen a lot more often in the last few months.

What OS and CPU are you using?

• Like 1